Page 33 of 59 FirstFirst ... 823242526272829303132333435363738394041424358 ... LastLast

Thread: KLAssurbanipal - UNITS for Rome 1 & mods - new skins & models --- UPDATED: 7.12.2017 ---

Zephyrus's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: KING LOUISE ASSURBANIPAL - UNITS for RTW & mods - new skins & models

How can I make it so that the hoplite spartan officer uses a sword only?
    SEMPER FIDELIS Remember Constantinople Κωνσταντινούπολη

Default Re: KING LOUISE ASSURBANIPAL - UNITS for RTW & mods - new skins & models

A changing in 3dsmax is the only way since KLA didnt make a "sword-only" .cas for the spartan officer
    Big "Diadochi:Total War" fan! Click HERE to download the full game, and the latest patch!

Quote Originally Posted by Mythos_Ruler View Post
    "Lesbians" are people from Lesbos. The reason we call homosexual women "lesbians" today was because of the famous poet Sapho from Lesbos who extolled the virtues of female love. Just some FYI.

Zephyrus's Avatar Protector Domesticus

well, thx anyway
    SEMPER FIDELIS Remember Constantinople Κωνσταντινούπολη

If this is what you want..

then here is a sword only Spartan_Officer_Hoplite_sword.cas

http://rapidshare.com/files/15278929...sword.cas.html

Enjoy

Yay man! Btw i love your Doru pack Gave me an oppurtunity to feel the real spears that Hoplites used, the Doru
    Big "Diadochi:Total War" fan! Click HERE to download the full game, and the latest patch!

"Lesbians" are people from Lesbos. The reason we call homosexual women "lesbians" today was because of the famous poet Sapho from Lesbos who extolled the virtues of female love. Just some FYI.

Guys, when KLA will come?

Hi, is it possible to get some Hoplites with shorter spears like your Athenian Hoplite? Or ist is possible for me to cut off bit of the corinthian speer for example? ..i don't know much about modelling..

Thx and great work your skins

I _believe_ that you can give your units shorter spears without graphical editing. If you know your way around export_descr_units, you can go in, add the 'short_pike' attribute after the spear, spear_bonus attributes under the primary weapon entry. This will change things just a bit, and make the unit ever so slightly less effective against infantry, but it will grant them shorter spears. I believe.

.cas with shorter pikes: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=1992

Or else you can do this in export_descr_unit (the red text is what is important):

type east hoplite brazen shield
    dictionary bronze_shield ; Bronze Shields
    category infantry
    class spearmen
    voice_type Heavy_1
    soldier greek_bronxe_shield, 60, 0, 1
    officer east_heavy_standard
    attributes sea_faring, hide_forest, can_sap, hardy
    formation 1, 1, 2, 2, 8, square, phalanx
    stat_health 1, 0
    stat_pri 10, 4, no, 0, 0, melee, blade, piercing, spear, 25 ,1
    stat_pri_attr spear, long_pike, spear_bonus_8
    stat_sec 5, 3, no, 0, 0, melee, simple, piercing, sword, 25 ,1
    stat_sec_attr no
    stat_pri_armour 6, 6, 2, leather
    stat_sec_armour 0, 0, flesh
    stat_heat 0
    stat_ground 2, 1, 0, -1
    stat_mental 8, disciplined, highly_trained
    stat_charge_dist 30
    stat_fire_delay 0
    stat_food 60, 300
    stat_cost 2, 690, 360, 70, 110, 690
    ownership pontus

category infantry
    class spearmen
    voice_type Heavy_1
    stat_health 1, 0
    stat_pri_attr spear, short_pike, spear_bonus_8
    stat_sec_attr no
    stat_heat 0
    stat_ground 2, 1, 0, -1
    stat_charge_dist 30
    stat_fire_delay 0
    stat_food 60, 300
    ownership pontus

That gives you the Hoplite pike, if you want triarii, just remove: , short_pike

Maybe it's easier to download the .cas since you often do misstakes in EDU

Quote Originally Posted by Marszałek Poniatowski View Post
    Guys, when KLA will come?

I thin it will be next week, or maybe his school work took longer time :hmmm:

Indefinitely Banned

KLA is very busy for few weeks, but there are some new units by him for our mod:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=194832

Quote Originally Posted by Jariik View Post
    I _believe_ that you can give your units shorter spears without graphical editing. If you know your way around export_descr_units, you can go in, add the 'short_pike' attribute after the spear, spear_bonus attributes under the primary weapon entry. This will change things just a bit, and make the unit ever so slightly less effective against infantry, but it will grant them shorter spears. I believe.
    I read it a few pages ago but this way is limited to units with the phalanx ability. Is there a way to shorten them if you mount a hoplite or use him with other abilities?

edit: just saw your link jakobh92. thank you
    Last edited by Wahnfried; October 11, 2008 at 08:58 AM.

Indefinitely Banned

thanks for the Doru pack its great

hey king Louise, i was wondering how you make the shields and armor and stuff

please tell me

1. He takes them from books and such things

2. He take parts from Rtw and remake them

3. He paint them from the scratch

Lü Bu's Avatar "Mightyest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by jakobh94 View Post
    .cas with shorter pikes: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=1992

Or else you can do this in export_descr_unit (the red text is what is important):

category infantry
    class spearmen
    voice_type Heavy_1
    stat_health 1, 0
    stat_pri_attr spear, long_pike, spear_bonus_8
    stat_sec_attr no
    stat_heat 0
    stat_ground 2, 1, 0, -1
    stat_charge_dist 30
    stat_fire_delay 0
    stat_food 60, 300
    ownership pontus

category infantry
    class spearmen
    voice_type Heavy_1
    stat_health 1, 0
    stat_pri_attr spear, short_pike, spear_bonus_8
    stat_sec_attr no
    stat_heat 0
    stat_ground 2, 1, 0, -1
    stat_charge_dist 30
    stat_fire_delay 0
    stat_food 60, 300
    ownership pontus

That gives you the Hoplite pike, if you want triarii, just remove: , short_pike

Maybe it's easier to download the .cas since you often do misstakes in EDU
    Someone say to me that you cant change unit weapon by just changing line in script,you must change it in 3d max or milkshape too?!Is this right or Im wrong?
    Proud patron of Wlesmana
    Assyria Total War
    Check update thread for new HQ models
    My Workshop™

It is modable for those who doesnt got a long spear in 3dsmax. For those with long spears in 3dsmax you can edit.

Don't worry. I was very busy for few weeks. Tomorrow I will release British Units preview. In this week I will add replies for Your posts, my brothers.

I saw that CA made not historical grenadier (released in this week, 3d units). Don't worry. After release Empire TW I will make mod with historical uniforms...

Today I have finnished British Foot Guard on RTW/MTW2:

Lü Bu's Avatar "Mightyest Man Alive"

Nice work!+rep

And I hope you will take few screenshots of this nice soliders from real battle!
    Last edited by Amroth; October 28, 2008 at 05:20 AM. Reason: dp
    Proud patron of Wlesmana
    Assyria Total War
    Check update thread for new HQ models
    My Workshop™

oh...oh... Nice!