Page 17 of 59 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast

Thread: KLAssurbanipal - UNITS for Rome 1 & mods - new skins & models --- UPDATED: 7.12.2017 ---

Default Re: KING LOUISE ASSURBANIPAL - UNITS for RTW & mods - new skins & models

Thanks, my friends

Signatures for members:

P.S. for RoA must be BI 1.6
    Last edited by KLAssurbanipal; August 17, 2007 at 04:43 PM.

Default Re: KING LOUISE ASSURBANIPAL - UNITS for RTW & mods - new skins & models

In the future I will release new Hoplites (more units, probably 45) with changed '300' Spartans.

FIRST WAY

The simplest way how to copy model and texture - .cas and .dds *(.tga) files to the correct folders and rename them to those from my skinpacks.
    .TGA is texture; .CAS is model;
    .CAS files put: ..:\....\Rome Total War\data\models_unit (folder with Your game on Your computer)
    .TGA files put: ..:\....\Rome Total War\data\models_unit\textures (if U don't have 'textures' folder, U must create it.)
    If You want only replace units with these of Rome Total War, EB, RTR or other mods U can only rename units files.

Example (I replace EB hoplite to my unit):

1. I open my folder: D:\Gry\Europa Barbarorum 0.81\EB\Data\models_unit and I copy name of EB Spartan Hoplite (.CAS)

2. Rename my Unit as U copied:

3. Copy renamed file from Hoplites 2.0:

4. and paste to EB folder:

5. That same way use to rename .TGA file:

SECOND WAY:

put models (.cas) into:....\Rome Total War\Data\models_unit,
    and textures (.tga) to:....\Rome Total War\Data\models_unit\textures. (if U don't have 'textures' folder, U must create it.)

Then open file: descr_model_battle in ...\Rome Total War\Data\

I show You one example.

original text of 'descr_model_battle":

type greek_armoured_hoplite
    skeleton fs_slow_spearman, fs_slow_swordsman ; combat spear
    indiv_range 40
    texture carthage, data/models_unit/textures/unit_greek_elite_hoplite_carthage.tga
    texture greek_cities, data/models_unit/textures/unit_greek_elite_hoplite_greek.tga
    model_flexi data/models_unit/unit_greek_hoplite_elite_high.cas, 15
    model_flexi data/models_unit/unit_greek_hoplite_elite_med.cas, 30
    model_flexi data/models_unit/unit_greek_hoplite_elite_low.cas, 40
    model_flexi data/models_unit/unit_greek_hoplite_elite_lowest.cas, max
    model_sprite greek_cities, 60.0, data/sprites/greek_cities_greek_armoured_hoplite_sprite.spr
    model_sprite carthage, 60.0, data/sprites/carthage_greek_armoured_hoplite_sprite.spr
    model_tri 400, 0.5f, 0.5f, 0.5f

You would like to put: Tarentine Leukaspides
    model: Tarentine_Leukaspides.cas
    texture: Tarentine_Leukaspides.tga

put model Tarentine_Leukaspides.cas into:....\Rome Total War\Data\models_unit,
    and textureTarentine_Leukaspides.tga to:....\Rome Total War\Data\models_unit\textures.

rename descr_model_battle:

type greek_armoured_hoplite
    skeleton fs_slow_spearman, fs_slow_swordsman ; combat spear
    indiv_range 40
    texture carthage, data/models_unit/textures/Tarentine_Leukaspides.tga
    texture greek_cities, data/models_unit/textures/Tarentine_Leukaspides.tga
    model_flexi data/models_unit/Tarentine_Leukaspides.cas, 15
    model_flexi data/models_unit/Tarentine_Leukaspides.cas, 30
    model_flexi data/models_unit/Tarentine_Leukaspides.cas, 40
    model_flexi data/models_unit/Tarentine_Leukaspides.cas, max
    model_sprite greek_cities, 60.0, data/sprites/greek_cities_greek_armoured_hoplite_sprite.spr
    model_sprite carthage, 60.0, data/sprites/carthage_greek_armoured_hoplite_sprite.spr
    model_tri 400, 0.5f, 0.5f, 0.5f

Example
    (with Roman unit): http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/221/regerwy2.jpg

Save and Play!

THIRD WAY:

To add completly new unit is a bit more complicated - several files needs to be edited. The simplest tutorial that has ever been written you can find here:

http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=51750

I don't see the need to write another tutorial by me, as i would make a similar one, just maybe not that user-friendly one.

Here are all tutorials which I know:
    http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=51750 - tutorial 1 (add units for beginners)
    http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=51373 - tutorial 2 (Units Cards)
    http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=58491 - tutorial 3 (realistic hoplites)
    http://www.stratcommandcenter.com/fo...showtopic=3623 - tutorial 4 (edit and add units)
    http://www.stratcommandcenter.com/fo...howtopic=16061 - tutorial 5 (Units Cards)
    http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=50469 - tutorial 6 (only textures)
    http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=50470 - tutorial 7 (add units)
    http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=46265 - tutorial 8 (dismount (or mount) a unit)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=48602 - tutorial 9 (Units Cards)
    http://totalwar.org.pl/board/viewtop...t=1793&start=0 - tutorial 10 (dodawanie jednostek, edycja itd. POLISH)

I don't add Readme files because people are using different versions of Rome (1.0-1.6), or different mods (EB, RTR, 77 BC, SPQR, etc.). I would have to make different text for each version....
    Imo after reading that tutorial carefully everybody will understand how to make it - it can't be expalined in a simpler way.
    I can't write better about 'adding new units' because my English is ugly.

I have request for modders. COULD SOMEBODY HELP AND CRAETE TEXT FILES FOR MY HOPLITES 2.0 SKINPACK (Imperal Romans 2.0 or Hannibal's Army 1.0?

P.S> Now I am working in new Ancient Wars unit preview
    Last edited by KLAssurbanipal; July 26, 2007 at 01:48 AM.

hi, im new and i dont know how to change the skin of my spartans
    Now there is the original ugly skin, but i want one of yours
    i followed your first way, but if i want to copy the name of my spartans, there were 4 differsnt:
    unit_greek_spartan_hoplite_pylos_100.CAS, unit_greek_spartan_hoplite_pylos_200.CAS,
    unit_greek_spartan_hoplite_pylos_300.CAS,
    unit_greek_spartan_hoplite_pylos_400.CAS

what is to do now?
    plz i neeeeed help

(Im not using any mod)

PS:
    and how to install the unit cards?

sry im a newbe^^

Bloody hell amazing work - truly the most fabulous skins out there.
    Lewis... hard nutt.. nuff said...

hey man, is there a version of this that's compatible with The Fourth Shadow?

+rep for me if you agree with me , i might give it right back to you

Hello KING LOUISE ASSURBANIPA, whats a "file.tga.dds"? does it's make a difference or no?
    Ciao and again
    Best regards

KING LOUISE ASSURBANIPAL a really great work Keep on working

Default HELLO KLA !!

Hello King Luise !
    I have downloading your Hoplites new serie , and this Units are very fine .
    Obviousely I have just downloading the Unit for 77BC , that are on other site , and I will waiting when you upload on this site , very well .
    A question , I red that you are in progress for a new mega series of Hoplites , but why this over production of Hoplite and some little for other interesting Units , primarly Hellenistic Asiatic units , Indian Hindu units and Nubian Merotic units .
    Also in RTR there are few Units of Sarmatians , why not creating others new beautiful Units for this faction ?

So Long King .
    FORTEBRACCIO

will you release a version that's compatible with 1.5... instead of us putting it in manually?

+rep for me if you agree with me , i might give it right back to you

sorry for my ignorance , but i would like to know how to divert your cas file into the four cas files needed for each unit.
    Because not many people have mentioned that, i suppose thats something easy for an experienced modder.
    Can u enlighten me? pls

Hey.
    All you guys having trouble with the four .CAS files. All you got to do is use the one .CAS file that KLA provided. For this example I used the Late Spartan CAS file.

this is wot it looks like before.....

model_flexi_m data/models_unit/unit_greek_spartan_hoplite_pylos_400.cas, 8
    model_flexi_m data/models_unit/unit_greek_spartan_hoplite_pylos_300.cas, 15
    model_flexi_m data/models_unit/unit_greek_spartan_hoplite_pylos_200.cas, 30
    model_flexi data/models_unit/unit_greek_spartan_hoplite_pylos_100.cas, max

and this is wot it looks like after...

model_flexi_m data/models_unit/Spartan_Hoplite_Late.cas, 8
    model_flexi_m data/models_unit/Spartan_Hoplite_Late.cas, 15
    model_flexi_m data/models_unit/Spartan_Hoplite_Late.cas, 30
    model_flexi data/models_unit/Spartan_Hoplite_Late.cas, max

That's wot I did and it works for me.
    Last edited by bladerunner900; August 02, 2007 at 10:16 PM.

just wanted to say u do some amazing skins, if i had some knowledge of modding and stuff, i'd incorparate all of your skins and models into it =D
    It would automatically be the best mod =D

If anyone is interested, I've uploaded a .doc file on how I re-skinned the Spartans, along with a preview on filefront here

Last edited by bladerunner900; August 06, 2007 at 04:29 AM.

what if the skins i downloaded (ie. KLA skins) doesn't come with multiple cas (15, 30 etc.) Only comes with one cas.

Furthermore, I keep getting ctd's when launching a custom battle with my new unit.

I wouldn't mind replacing the unit's skin, but i don't have multiple cas's.

I just use the same CAS for each one. I don't know if that’s the best way to do it. But seeing as how we've only got the one to work with I can't see any other way.

"EDIT:" How I did the Spartans can be found here.

The other three could probably be made in 3ds Max, but I’m afraid that's way beyond me at the moment. Perhaps KLA (or someone) will come up with something later.

As for the CTD, if you append -show_err to your shortcut, you should get some sort of error report telling you what the problem is. This is what mine looks like.

"D:\Games\Rome- Total War\RomeTW.exe" -nm -show_err -movie_cam
    Last edited by bladerunner900; August 19, 2007 at 11:52 AM.

Default Re:ING LOUISE K ASSURBANIPAL - UNITS for RTW & mods - new skins & models

Hello King Louise I'm wating for new units where are they?

jackwei's Avatar Primicerius

These are prehaps some of the most realistic skins i've ever seen, which look fantastic!! i am sure when ancient wars releases with these type of skins it will be one of the best mods ever.
    Last edited by jackwei; August 12, 2007 at 01:51 PM. Reason: wrong speilling cheets.

jackwei's Avatar Primicerius

i am having a similar problem too everything is done correct except like it said on that tutorial you all those other CAS high, CAS Medium and CAS low etc. i've managed to do the other skins for RTW, but for some reason these ones don't work since we don't have the suitable files need. Unless you have to use that one CAS file into high, low and medium etc?

if you can't fix these skins then best to play the reign of aries for the time being or just wait for ancient wars.

Quote Originally Posted by bladerunner900 View Post
    I just use the same CAS for each one. I don't know if that’s the best way to do it. But seeing as how we've only got the one to work with I can't see any other way.
    Quoting bladerunner, you can use a single .cas file for all the model entries in the DMB file. The reason why there are four different .cas files in RTW vanilla or some mods is that they have different resolutions. So when you zoom in a unit, the program will display the lowest .cas file, therefore helping machines with poor performance. Of course, this made quite sense when RTW was released some years ago and there were players with obsolete computers. But I think that nowadays everybody has good performance computers and everybody can play with a single high resolution .cas file. Just as an example, this is how I added some of KLA's entries in the DMB file:
    Code:
    type				new_eastern_infantry									
    skeleton			fs_javelinman, fs_spearman										; combat spear
    indiv_range			40										
    texture				merc, 77bc/data/77_extras/textures/KLA_Greek_Thorakitai.tga
    model_flexi_m		 77bc/data/77_extras/models_unit/KLA_Greek_Thorakitai_jav_spear.cas, 15
    model_flexi_m		 77bc/data/77_extras/models_unit/KLA_Greek_Thorakitai_jav_spear.cas, 30
    model_flexi_m		 77bc/data/77_extras/models_unit/KLA_Greek_Thorakitai_jav_spear.cas, 40
    model_flexi		 77bc/data/77_extras/models_unit/KLA_Greek_Thorakitai_jav_spear.cas, max
    model_sprite		 60.0, 77bc/data/77_extras/sprites/tft_parthia_persian_sparabara2_sprite.spr
    model_tri			 400, 0.5f, 0.5f, 0.5f 

type				KLA_camel_archer
    skeleton			fs_s1_hc_archer, fs_hc_swordsman
    indiv_range			40
    ;texture				merc, 77bc/data/RTR/models_unit/textures/merc_cavalry_east_bedouin.tga
    texture				britons, 77bc/data/77_extras/textures/KLA_nabatean_archer.tga
    model_flexi			77bc/data/77_extras/models_unit/KLA_nabatean_archer.cas, 8
    model_flexi			77bc/data/77_extras/models_unit/KLA_nabatean_archer.cas, 15
    model_flexi			77bc/data/77_extras/models_unit/KLA_nabatean_archer.cas, 30
    model_flexi			77bc/data/77_extras/models_unit/KLA_nabatean_archer.cas, 40
    model_flexi			77bc/data/77_extras/models_unit/KLA_nabatean_archer.cas, max
    ;model_sprite		60.0, 77bc/data/RTR/sprites/east_bedouin_archer_sprite.spr
    model_sprite		britons, 60.0, 77bc/data/RTR/sprites/east_bedouin_archer_sprite.spr
    model_tri			400, 0.5f, 0.5f, 0.5f

type				KLA_horse_archer
    skeleton			fs_hc_archer, fs_hc_swordsman
    indiv_range			40
    texture				merc, 77bc/data/77_extras/textures/KLA_herodian_horse_archer.tga
    model_flexi			77bc/data/77_extras/models_unit/KLA_herodian_horse_archer.cas, 8
    model_flexi			77bc/data/77_extras/models_unit/KLA_herodian_horse_archer.cas, 15
    model_flexi			77bc/data/77_extras/models_unit/KLA_herodian_horse_archer.cas, 30
    model_flexi			77bc/data/77_extras/models_unit/KLA_herodian_horse_archer.cas, 40
    model_flexi			77bc/data/77_extras/models_unit/KLA_herodian_horse_archer.cas, max
    model_sprite		60.0, 77bc/data/77_extras/sprites/scythia_barb_scythian_noble_cavalry_sprite.spr

type				aor_spain_spearmen
    skeleton			fs_fast_spearman, fs_swordsman
    indiv_range			40
    texture				merc, 77bc/data/77_extras/textures/KLA_Celt-Iberian_Spearman.tga
    model_flexi			77bc/data/77_extras/models_unit/KLA_Celt-Iberian_Spearman.cas, 15
    model_flexi			77bc/data/77_extras/models_unit/KLA_Celt-Iberian_Spearman.cas, 30
    model_flexi			77bc/data/77_extras/models_unit/KLA_Celt-Iberian_Spearman.cas, 40
    model_flexi			77bc/data/77_extras/models_unit/KLA_Celt-Iberian_Spearman.cas, max
    model_sprite		60.0, 77bc/data/RTR/sprites/aor_spain_spearmen_sprite.spr

type				carthage_scutarius
    skeleton			fs_fast_javelinman, fs_fast_swordsman
    indiv_range			40
    texture				spain, 77bc/data/77_extras/textures/KLA_Iberian_Assault_Infantry.tga
    texture				merc, 77bc/data/77_extras/textures/KLA_Iberian_Assault_Infantry.tga
    model_flexi_m			77bc/data/77_extras/models_unit/KLA_Iberian_Assault_Infantry.cas, 8
    model_flexi_m			77bc/data/77_extras/models_unit/KLA_Iberian_Assault_Infantry.cas, 15
    model_flexi			77bc/data/77_extras/models_unit/KLA_Iberian_Assault_Infantry.cas, 30
    model_flexi			77bc/data/77_extras/models_unit/KLA_Iberian_Assault_Infantry.cas, max
    model_sprite		60.0, 77bc/data/RTR/sprites/carthage_scutarius_sprite.spr
    model_sprite		spain, 60.0, 77bc/data/RTR/sprites/spain_carthage_scutarius_sprite.spr

type				aor_spain_cavalry
    skeleton			fs_hc_spearman
    indiv_range			40
    texture				merc, 77bc/data/77_extras/textures/KLA_Iberian_Lancearii.tga
    model_flexi			77bc/data/77_extras/models_unit/KLA_Iberian_Lancearii.cas, 15
    model_flexi			77bc/data/77_extras/models_unit/KLA_Iberian_Lancearii.cas, 30
    model_flexi			77bc/data/77_extras/models_unit/KLA_Iberian_Lancearii.cas, 40
    model_flexi			77bc/data/77_extras/models_unit/KLA_Iberian_Lancearii.cas, max
    model_sprite		60.0, 77bc/data/RTR/sprites/aor_spain_cavalry_sprite.spr        

type				cretan_archer
    skeleton			fs_archer, fs_fast_dagger
    indiv_range			40
    texture				merc, 77bc/data/77_extras/textures/KLA_creta_archer.tga
    model_flexi			77bc/data/77_extras/models_unit/KLA_creta_archer.cas, 15
    model_flexi			77bc/data/77_extras/models_unit/KLA_creta_archer.cas, 30
    model_flexi			77bc/data/77_extras/models_unit/KLA_creta_archer.cas, 40
    model_flexi			77bc/data/77_extras/models_unit/KLA_creta_archer.cas, max
    model_sprite		merc, 60.0, 77bc/data/RTR/sprites/greek_archer_sprite.spr
    This is only to show that all the models use the same .cas file and it works correctly. Do not use these entries, as they are only for my mod, that works in its own folder so they are useless for other mods or vanilla RTW.

Hope this helps.