Thread: For Vista Users: Mod Installation.

Default For Vista Users: Mod Installation.

After 3 hours of Copy/Paste I figure how to make the mod to work, FINALLY .
    First of all I have Vista and yes I had UAC activate but the mod didn't work, I tried to read the other topics how to make the mod to work and I didn't find an promptly post how to make it work. So if you have the same problem as I had at launching the game with that CTD and you want to disappear follow my steps (this is how I made the mod to work) :

1: First of all if you have UAC activate, disable it till you install the mod and then you can activate after, you can find an trailer how to do it fast here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMm6Y3FNBRQ

2: After you restart the the PC you will need to delete the files from VirtualStore, the Path of the VirtualStore is:
    C:\Users\Kide\AppData\Local\VirtualStore (whyle at me Kide is my user name at the PC, you need to select you're User name at the PC), after you enter inside of VirtualStore folder, select all and delete it. (This I learn from Aradan after I installed VI with campaign improvment, and no you will not harm you're computer, just you will lose some saving settings from games etc).

3:Then...you will need an clean version (I recommend you to re-install RTW+BI+ update at BI 1.6 to have a clean version of RTW+BI)

4:After you installed RTW+BI+1.6 BI update you will need to go in the RTW main folder installation (ex: C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War ) and to make a copy of BI folder again ( just copy BI folder by pressing CTRL and C keys and then press CTRL and V keys). Now you will have 2 folders one BI and one Copy-BI in the RTW installation folder. Heh...now rename that copy into eod, and CUT it inside of BI folder (by pressing CTRL X keys and then CTRL V) or just drag it with the mouse .

5: And finally now you can run the installer End_of_Days_v1-01 select the path of the installer on you're RTW folder ex: C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War and then play the game.

Here peoples made the mistake, because I figure it where was the problem, most of you just disable UAC and didn't work or even if you don't had VISTA the game didn't work because of that CTD, well you forgot to read the installation carefully how Halie Satanus said in the description of the installation .
    By the way the textures looks so great and the music is so cool Nice mod, very nice
    Last edited by LordXarax; September 14, 2012 at 07:28 AM. Reason: my english is OP and I know it :))

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Default Re: For Vista Users: Mod Installation.

Cool.

Though it was Makanyane who wrote the install instructions.

Well I was trying everything possible, and didn't work, even after I disable UAC I still get that CTD and then I read carefully ur instruction with copy BI folder and then I remember about what Aradan said and I make it work, what is really cool...and probably all like it...you don't get CTD, very stable mod no wonder why u won that years, u did it perfectly, any way I couldn't find anywere the instructions about vista, I just wanted to share so others will dont spend hours like me to make it, and to start playing this awesome mod.

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Yeh, I've never installed on a Vista OS' so not encountered those problems. Mak made the install process as simple as possible, which actually took a lot of work on her part. But Vista didn't exist when we released this mod. Any way, cheers for the instructions.

Well everything worked fine at me for all mods, just this installer was strange...you guys probably create the mod like this, with copy-BI, and not like other installer to install straight on installation folder