Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213

Thread: RTRPE II (1.1 Patch Released!)

Default Re: RTRPE II (1.1 Patch Released!)

Good evening,

Patch 1.1 download link doesn’t work. Can you fix it?

It seems to me you are involved in many total realism mod versions, so I would to understand better the following things about these Rome total realism mods:
    1) RTR VII and VIII: which are the main differences between them? And they are both 100% finished mods? I’m interested to understand which is the most finished and bug free Rome total realism version.
    2) RTR PE and PE II: PE II it fixes bugs (about RTR PE) or just it enhances PE graphic? Another thing: Rome Total Realism Platinum Edition it’s Rome Total Realism I? (I mean: VII and VIII are its successors?)
    RTR it’s a mod that I have never played yet, and all these versions they create a bit of confusion on me.

And about Mondus Magnus mods: 6.0 vs Elite: I have read that the elite version is the most finished/completed version, but which are the differences between them? (why two different mods?)

Thanks for the attention. I don’t ask a long reply (that it wastes your time), just some quick hints to better orient myself.

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by MarcoAurelio82 View Post
    ........I don’t ask a long reply (that it wastes your time), just some quick hints to better orient myself.
    Join our RTW Discord platform and you can chat with ahowl 11 direct, he's a nice guy and will help where he can https://discord.gg/dM6t388
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

No, thanks. It’s not necessary. If he can't reply to my first question, it’s totally ok, but the other two questions are about his mods. I have asked also about RTR VII and VIII, because , for what I have read, he has been involved in them (I have spent a good amount of time trying to know the whole history/evolution of RTR mods, but I really don’t have the time to read all the hundreds and hundreds of posts).
    My questions can have a quick reply, because they are focused about two aspects: the most bug free and most finished versions; I have also asked about main differences (RTR VIIvsVIII and MM 6vsElite), just because the versions I have named, for what I have read, it seems to me they are not coherent/linear evolutions from one version to the other: they seem to me more parallel projects (but I could be wrong).
    Finally (and most important) : I have reported that patch 1.1 link it doesn’t work and this forum is his forum.
    In another words, I have written the phrase you have quoted for courtesy, not because I have written a post in the wrong place (and I don’t have hurry).

- RTR was the first mod for RTW.. v1-6.0 Gold only work on the 1.2v of the game.
    - RTRPE is RTR 6.0 Gold, but for RTW 1.5 and BI 1.6. It includes many bug fixes and adjustments to meet the new game version
    - RTRPE 2.0 is the same mod but formatted to work on the ALX engine
    - RTRPE II is my addon to RTRPE 2.0.. it’s mainly graphic enhancements and a few bug fixes.. I’ll have to look around for the missing files.. I might not have them.
    -RTRVII was made by a separate team and really is its own mod completely different from the previous versions.. it has 3 incarnations: TIC which is a small Iberian Scripted Campaign, FOE which is focused on the Punic Wars, and the last version which includes Greece and the western half of Asia Minor
    - RTR8 is my creation that took a large community effort to complete. It’s based on RTRPE and is the most recent RTR mod.. however it’s not supported and not being continued.

As far as bugs and playability none of them are perfect but they are relatively clean.

MM 6.0 was one of my first creations. It includes the Mauryan Empire and a Hellenistic States faction.

MM Elite is vanilla factions on the RTH map.. has a few features but is pretty basic

If you want to keep up to date with my work, you can play my current mod in progress, ahowl11’s Vanilla Enhancement mod. This is my best work to date and I try to release once a month.

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/foru...ment-Mod-(AVE)

I hope this answers everything for you. Also, I truly would join the discord, it’s more of a community there and we rarely check this area.

Quote Originally Posted by ahowl11 View Post
    - RTR was the first mod for RTW.. v1-6.0 Gold only work on the 1.2v of the game.
    - RTRPE is RTR 6.0 Gold, but for RTW 1.5 and BI 1.6. It includes many bug fixes and adjustments to meet the new game version
    - RTRPE 2.0 is the same mod but formatted to work on the ALX engine
    - RTRPE II is my addon to RTRPE 2.0.. it’s mainly graphic enhancements and a few bug fixes.. I’ll have to look around for the missing files.. I might not have them.
    -RTRVII was made by a separate team and really is its own mod completely different from the previous versions.. it has 3 incarnations: TIC which is a small Iberian Scripted Campaign, FOE which is focused on the Punic Wars, and the last version which includes Greece and the western half of Asia Minor
    - RTR8 is my creation that took a large community effort to complete. It’s based on RTRPE and is the most recent RTR mod.. however it’s not supported and not being continued.

As far as bugs and playability none of them are perfect but they are relatively clean.

MM 6.0 was one of my first creations. It includes the Mauryan Empire and a Hellenistic States faction.

MM Elite is vanilla factions on the RTH map.. has a few features but is pretty basic

If you want to keep up to date with my work, you can play my current mod in progress, ahowl11’s Vanilla Enhancement mod. This is my best work to date and I try to release once a month.

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/foru...ment-Mod-(AVE)

I hope this answers everything for you. Also, I truly would join the discord, it’s more of a community there and we rarely check this area.
    Hi ahowl11, Many thanks for the summary! it’s exactly what I needed. Now I know how to “to move” around them.

I had checked the VE v.13 mod and I had already downloaded it: I had understood that it’s one of you best works, but I don’t have asked info about it since he is the only one who did not create me doubts (Lol). I will play it for sure in the near future. I really like the idea of an enhanced Vanilla version: the feeling of the three roman factions (with the senate) and the org map, inside a more historical, complete (units etc.), bug free context, and with Alexander engine. Excellent idea. If it has not been already done, can I suggest to change the name “Slaves/Rebels” (I don’t know the exact default name in the English version of RTW) of the free cities faction? Almost all of them they are just free peoples.

In future I would to play this mod version for Alexander (RTR PE II), so, if possible (if you find it), I would like to download the 1.1 patch (I have read here in this forum that it should contain an important bug fix about unit recruitment in barracks, if I have understood well). If you find the update, I will download it for sure.

Currently I’m playing IBRR mod, but I will play in parallel one of the mod mentioned. When I’ve said “the most bug free versions” I meant if some of these mods have game-breaking bugs with frequent and decisive constant CtD. Thanks to your reply now I know that I can approach all of them : minor bugs for sure are not a problem.

Thanks again for the info.

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/down...o=file&id=4042

This has all the fixes of 1.1

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/down...o=file&id=4041

This is very useful unless you like the crazy pop growth issue that the mod has

Quote Originally Posted by ahowl11 View Post
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/down...o=file&id=4042

This has all the fixes of 1.1

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/down...o=file&id=4041

This is very useful unless you like the crazy pop growth issue that the mod has
    Thanks!

Thg170's Avatar Libertus

I have RTRPE vs 2.0 and Ahowls patch installed and whenever i end a turn i get a CTD!
    Does anyone have any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Thg170 View Post
    I have RTRPE vs 2.0 and Ahowls patch installed and whenever i end a turn i get a CTD!
    Does anyone have any ideas?
    Im not sure how that’s happening.. if it’s happening for others I’ll have a look but nothing should be causing that CTD. Try reinstalling RTW and then the mod.

Thg170's Avatar Libertus

I reinstalled RTRPE v 2 and your patch and i dont get the end turn ctd any longer. I guess i might have messed something up when i edited some text files?
    I like to edit the unit name and family member name text files sometimes. For example changing the Ptolemaic and Bactrian names to more fitting ancient Greek ones instead of Egyptian and Thracian ones from vanilla RTW.
    Last edited by Thg170; November 10, 2019 at 02:34 PM.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213