Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Creating a World - Named Forts

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: Creating a World - Named Forts

The save corruption will only be noticeable with a large number of named forst (in excess of 150, we had a bit more then 200).

When we realized that we stopped retiring the agent and only spawned a new character when the old one didn't exist anymore (old age, killed) - that's the instance of the CharacterExist condition I talked about.

If you do not retire the agent and the faction's AI is not frozen then the agent will move around without fail, hence it will require a 'no movement' trait (will still move a bit) and a relocation.

Simply use a slave princess 'as is' and add the movement restriction trait, follow it up with a existence check and relocation. Or use less then 30-40 named forts.

Callistonian's Avatar Ducenarius

@Withwnar - That makes sense. I seem to recall that buildings with religion effects work the same way, only firing the effect on the owner's turn. It's a happy coincidence.

@Gigantus - Even with a small number of spawns, we would expect to see a small increase in the rate of save file size but we see nothing. I've tried increasing the number of spawns to 248 per turn but there is still no discernible increase in the rate of the save file size (still adding ~20 KB per turn in test mod). Turn times don't even seem to be affected by the script.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Test with 248 witches respawned per turn. As you can see, the slope is unchanged at ~20 KB per turn for the same test mod.

New theory: the problem with your script is the use of princesses with a faction that has a family tree. This has actually already been documented in this very thread. My guess is that retiring does kill the princesses (hence why I_CharacterExists returns false) but she was already added to the family tree and so some record of her existence has to be saved. This would not be a problem for factions that have no family tree or for agents (like the witch) that aren't in the family tree. It may be possible to fix the original script simply by making the aztec dummy-faction teutonic.

Using this method, there is no need to position the agent 1 tile above the fort or to try to immobilize her since she won't exist on the slave faction's turn.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Turn times wouldn't be increased - that is mainly based on the amount of monitors being active in the script, especially 'condition' monitors: if you spawn one agent or 300 in a single monitor does not make a difference. I wrote a recruitment limit script for EBII that has over 200K lines - it barely has an impact on turn times as it consists of under 20 monitors.

As to family tree being the reason for save file increase when using princesses (family member) - that is a good possibility, something that didn't come up at the time. Although spawned princesses and named characters do not get added to the family tree unless specified ('family' entry in spawn line, see default mongol spawn), which means it must be indirect.
    Thanks for the reminder link, I had forgotten about that.
    Last edited by Gigantus; July 10, 2020 at 08:50 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345