Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Creating a World - Named Forts

Default Re: Creating a World - Named Forts

Yeah I read about that. The princess scenario for named forts I believe? Your solution on that thread is where I got the idea to scan for them if they die... Also where I got the idea to turn them into scenery. You can't turn them into fort models and park them on the same tile as an invisible fort, I suspect, because she becomes a unit in residence. So I will change them into some eye candy statics that don't do much more than indicate a hidden resource and use regular trade resources for villages, etc... on top of a fort instead.

Gigantus's Avatar I am thinking more about running away now then I did as a kid, but by the time I put my teeth in, my glasses on and find my car keys I forget why I am going.
    Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Modding Emeritus

Blog Entries

Your number of options is only limited by the number of characters possible for factions. Technically you can even use witches and heretics, and all of them except captains (they can't have the required level trait) can have 10 different models. That adds up....

I had considered that. I was unsure if using them may trigger some religion issues. I am trying to avoid having to deal with agent converting to religion and using only buildings. was thinking of religion as a form of corruption and cleansing. So if the undead take over a city, they begin to convert citizens to undead, and if it is liberated, then another would heal the corruption. that sort of thing.

Max forts and watchtowers is each 7 for both wood and stone combined too, right?

Gigantus's Avatar I am thinking more about running away now then I did as a kid, but by the time I put my teeth in, my glasses on and find my car keys I forget why I am going.

Blog Entries

Forts and towers are bound to descr_culture entries, hence only 7 models possible initially. You can however work with the faction_variants sub folder method to get around it and have different models for each faction. See the teutonic campaign: ...\data\models_strat\residences\faction_variants\teutonic_order

That is great. So essentially you can have 38 potential forts and watchtowers?
    That opens up a lot of possibilities.

hello,
    I have a problem with my new stone forts. When I go my army to my new fort, his name move to left.

http://fotowrzut.pl/7CL4D3RSCT

where is error?

Blog Entries

You need to place the name character one pixel to the North of the fort (the fort's x value plus 1). To make totally sure (but a bit difficult) you can make that sport impassable in map_ground_types)

Can you say, how I make that sport impassable in map_ground_types, because change named charackter doesnt work :/

Blog Entries

It might actually be easier to move the character back to the old spot by script:

Code:
        monitor_event PreFactionTurnStart FactionIsLocal

console_command move_character "[name of character]" [x value], [y value]

; add more characters

end_monitor

Hi...i'm helping and providing support to the mod creator for a new Med II kingdoms mod.....we needed to know how to name the forts....but the link for the manual u provided doesnt seem to be working ....is it possible to upload a new link for the manual here or anywhere else???...

Blog Entries

The download works - but there appears to be a bandwidth issue which makes it abysmally slow. I have notified the administrator.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    The download works - but there appears to be a bandwidth issue which makes it abysmally slow. I have notified the administrator.
    Thank u for responding...
    Well.... I'm sorry to bother u ,I clicked the image but it doesn't trigger a download...any chance u could fix it or upload another link for the manual like Google drive etc??

Edit: The rest of the post has been moved in a new thread here for clarity - Lifthrasir
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; January 28, 2020 at 06:40 AM.

Blog Entries

Just now tried the download again and had no problem. The reason why you may think that nothing happens when you click the 'download' button here is twofold:

1. the download is only 1MB, so it happens fast
    2. there is no notification that the download started, it goes straight into what ever folder you have set as default download folder in our browser

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Just now tried the download again and had no problem. The reason why you may think that nothing happens when you click the 'download' button here is twofold:

1. the download is only 1MB, so it happens fast
    2. there is no notification that the download started, it goes straight into what ever folder you have set as default download folder in our browser
    thanks for your quick reply )

how many forts can I place on the campaign map? (or for each province?)
    is there a limit?

Blog Entries

Technically you can place a fort every two (or three?) squares. You can however expect an massive impact on the AI's behavior as well as on graphics.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234