Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213

Thread: Download links for RS 2.5 and RS 2.6 Patch

Default Re: Download links for RS 2.5 and RS 2.6 Patch

I have followed the instructions for RS 2.5 regarding the installation path to the letter. Yet when I try to play RSII, I get a message that it can't open the preferences/preferences.txt folder, then I get a message that says report the following three error messages:

You don't have Roma Surrectum II installed in the correct folder. (C:\Games\Roma Surrectum II)
    Engine: Rome TW-ALX.exe, Faction campaign: -mod:play_capua
    In total: 'Rome TW-ALX.exe -mod:play_capua -show_err'

Can someone please help me.
    Last edited by Panzer; February 11, 2016 at 08:05 PM.

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

First, check the RSII icon to the Launcher. Right click, and choose 'properties'.

The box that says 'start in' in front of it often says '(your rtw install folder)\data\UI\Wonders'. Why it does that is a mystery, but it should say:

'(your rtw install folder)\Launcher' If it doesn't, correct it. My guess is this is what is wrong.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

I made the corrections but now I get the following error message:

Problem with Shortcut
    The folder :C:\Games\Roma Surrectum II\Launcher' specified in the Start In box is not valid. Make sure that the folder exists and that the path is correct.

Otherwise all the other error messages remain the same, though it did let me in to edit preferences and choose a faction, but then the error messages arrived.
    Last edited by Panzer; February 13, 2016 at 08:23 AM.

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Panzer View Post
    I made the corrections but now I get the following error message:

Problem with Shortcut
    The folder :C:\Games\Roma Surrectum II\Launcher' specified in the Start In box is not valid. Make sure that the folder exists and that the path is correct.

Otherwise all the other error messages remain the same, though it did let me in to edit preferences and choose a faction, but then the error messages arrived.
    Well, if Windows says the path you entered isn't correct, then it isn't. Windows is funny about that...it means it can't find the path you've pointed to because it doesn't exist. So go into Windows Explorer or My Computer, find 'C:\Games', and check to see that the directory 'Roma Surrectum II' actually exists, exactly as typed.
    If it does, then look IN that folder and see that there is a folder called 'Launcher'. If not, then you may have installed RS2.5 in the wrong place...like in the 'Data' folder.

R.I.P. My Beloved Father

The path exists exactly as typed, and within there is a folder named "launcher." I am starting to wonder if in the course of installing RTW and RSII in various locations I have done something to confuse Windows. Does that sound possible or likely? If so, I suspect that I need to hunt down every reference to either program though I have used RevoUninstaller throughout. What do you think?

I hadn't selected Rome TW on the splash screen; it was set to ALX. So when I tried this time, I received this error message:

Script Error in data/descr_battle_map_lighting_and_fog_control.txt, at line 9, column 1. Expecting reading 'min_light_intensity'

Well I would still like to play this mod, but I tried installing RTR VII last night and it worked like a charm. So I would like to get this one going, but at least I am able to play RTW.

Patrician

I hadn't selected Rome TW on the splash screen; it was set to ALX. So when I tried this time, I received this error message:

Script Error in data/descr_battle_map_lighting_and_fog_control.txt, at line 9, column 1. Expecting reading 'min_light_intensity'
    Well I would still like to play this mod, but I tried installing RTR VII last night and it worked like a charm. So I would like to get this one going, but at least I am able to play RTW.
    Ok, I'm assuming that you are using a CD installed version of RTW first. Correct? The Steam version of RTW does not and will not ever work with RSII. (But the Steam Alexander version of RTW will in the next version). Once you have installed RTW once, you can have multiple installs of RTW, as many as you like. I have probably 40 or so of them, with different names. I do a lot of testing, so I never mix mods or installs...even if they are modfoldered. All you have to do is make a folder called 'RSII' or whatever, and then copy the 'contents' of the RTW\BI folder into that new folder.

Now, to your issue. In your 'games\Roma Surrectum II' folder, look for the files that are named 'RS2_RTW.bat', or RTW_BI.bat, or RTW_ALEX.bat. Double click the 'RSII_RTW.bat' and a window will pop up with numbered and lettered choices. Choose any one of these by typing a number or letter, and then hit enter. The game should start and then go to the Campaign you selected. If it DOES NOT, then you have installed RSII improperly. The Launcher is a convenient and pretty tool for launching RSII, but these batch files will never lie. If your install is working right, the game should start will no issues.

The last error you posted suggests, as I recall, that RSII isn't installed right, so I would just delete the whole mess and start over. No uninstalling should be necessary...just copy RTW into a new folder. Then make sure when you install RS2.5 that the path in the installer matches the name of the directory where you copied RTW. In your case, it should be '(drive letter)\games\roma surrectum II'.

R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Icon1 Re: Download links for RS 2.5 and RS 2.6 Patch

Sorry for posting it again here.I got the installer and when I clicked on it it says installer integrity check failed.I had used the same installer earlier and it worked fine.

As stated in another thread, I am unable to download the RSIII update from Mega.Nz. Tried changing ip/proxy and it didn't work. Why only one download site? Does twcenter have its own download server?

Seems illogical to have it uploaded just to mega.nz..

Pwn or be pwnd

Hi. The game starts for me by using that rtw bat file and typing the letter. I could not discover how to fix the launcher so it would work properly. I would appreciate any tips you have for that fix.

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by chance vandal View Post
    Hi. The game starts for me by using that rtw bat file and typing the letter. I could not discover how to fix the launcher so it would work properly. I would appreciate any tips you have for that fix.
    Go into your RTW/RS directory>right click on launcher and open >scroll down to Roma Surrectum II>right click and open>scroll down to send to>choose send to desktop and left click>close directory and return to desktop, there will be an icon for RS>right click on this and the launcher interface should appear.
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; August 09, 2017 at 03:54 PM. Reason: Typo
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

Thank you

Ty for mod which doesnt work at all.

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Lopatou_ovalil View Post
    Ty for mod which doesnt work at all.
    Yes it does work, seems you have installed incorrectly. Are you using steam and/or Windows 10, more info is required if you want help to solve the issue, saying it "doesn't work at all" will not get you the answers you need
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; March 19, 2018 at 11:22 PM. Reason: typo
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213