Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M&B General Discussion Thread

Poach's Avatar Civitate

Default M&B General Discussion Thread

As requested, here's a general discussion thread for the Mount & Blade games. Discuss anything related to M&B here.

Default Re: M&B General Discussion Thread

Alright Ill start it off! If you are a big fan of M&B you will love the upcoming TWC Olympics! there will be M&B oriented competitions there and I urge everyone of you to sign up like I and so many others have done! The link to the competition can be found in this forum in the TWC Olympics thread! I am not sure of this, but there has been some discussion about medals and rewards, if that is the sort of thing you like.

Default Looking for Info

Hello
    I am new here. I am a big Total War fan especially ACW but this Mount & Blade intrigues me. IS this only multiplayer ??? I do not want mutiplayer. How about the Civil War mod? If it is not mutliplayer which should I buy and how do I get the Civil War mod?

Mount & Blade is only single player.
    The expansion called 'Warband' is both single- and multiplayer.
    The single player part is actually the 'core game' so to speak and Warband added multiplayer.
    So it's not like certain other games focusing on multiplayer, and just throwing in a single player part almost as a little tutorial.

I don't know the Civil War mod.

You can download full versions of both Mount&Blade and Warband as demos with a level cap.
    That way you can try the actual game before buying. Unfortunately the level cap is about 7-8,
    so you might not experience large battles which is one of the great features.

www.taleworlds.com
    Last edited by Adorno1; September 11, 2012 at 12:46 PM.
    "How shall humankind ever find peace if the soul remains conscious in the sky and the shadow in the Underworld? The combination of sweet bait and naivety completely destroyes Nature's best gift: death, and doubles the agony of the dying with worries of a future!" - Pliny the Elder

Napolean is the only game with mutiplayer only.

Mount and Blade Fire and sword is also a good game to get as well.

I think there is an ACW mod for warband and one in production for napolean. If you are interested, I can post a link.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔The Black Knight♔ View Post
    Napolean is the only game with mutiplayer only.
    It is the only multiplayer only DLC, but there are several multiplayer only and both (Multiplayer + Singleplayer) mods.

However, I don't have much experience playing many Warband mods, so I cannot say how active several of these mods actually are. The only one I actually play is Brytenwalda anymore.

Could someone explain me how to let your units form formations?

If you play the original M&B there's not much to be done.
    All you can do is tell the troops to stand ground and they will spread out.

But in Warband you can select groups (keys 1-9) and order simple formations
    using the F1-F5 keys. I don't remember the exact ones but just play around with it.

Some mods have special formations like wedge and shield wall.
    Brytenwalda for example, but also others.
    "How shall humankind ever find peace if the soul remains conscious in the sky and the shadow in the Underworld? The combination of sweet bait and naivety completely destroyes Nature's best gift: death, and doubles the agony of the dying with worries of a future!" - Pliny the Elder

Makrell's Avatar The first of all fish

i love m&b but i never play more than a frew hourd, then wat a fw months, then play some hours again

You always go back

Vipman's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Hello. I hope it's ok if I ask this here, I'd really appreciate it if someone would tell me what mods are released or are active and will release soon, for any M&B, set in roman times that include Dacia/Getai faction, besides Hegemony 268BC, only one I could find, just downloaded it and will play when I have the time. Or if by a miracle there exists a mod set in 14th century or later that include Wallachia or Moldavia, please tell me.

Thanks in advance.

I don't know of any.

NikeBG's Avatar Sampsis

There are Vlach villages (and, respectively, troops) on the Balkans in Europe 1200 though. And I think the 1257 guys were also doing something about it (though I'm not certain).

I'm new to Mount and Blade and am wondering if someone can help me with some basic questions. I'm an experienced Total War player and play with mods almost exclusively and so I'd like to try some of the mods for Mount and Blade: Warband. I'd like to know how installing mods will impact the original game files. I want to play multiple mods, but I need to know if they overwrite your files and you need to have separate installs or if they are mod-foldered (so to speak) and allow for many to be installed at once. Also, I want to play in a historical Medieval European context so which mod would you recommend? Thanks for any help.

NikeBG's Avatar Sampsis

Pretty much all M&B mods are "mod-foldered", since that's how the game works (Native itself is "mod-foldered"). The only ones that would spread out among the other mods (if you place them in the general game's directory and not in the directory of a specific mod) are the graphic/audio etc. mods, which can also be limited only to a certain mod and not the whole game (by placing them in that mod's folder, and not in the game's installation one).

As for a historical mod:
    - Brytenwalda is a great mod, set in Dark Age Britain (the map covers only the British Isles, but is very detailed). It's pretty much finished.
    - Europe 1200 aims to cover the whole of Europe and the Mediterranean in the year 1200 (so far it reaches east until Poland and Bulgaria, new factions are to be added), with a whole ton of settlements, lords etc (f.e. Bulgaria alone has 3 towns, ~30 castles and ~40 villages, while the HRE and England are quite monstrous). It's still being worked on.
    - 1257 AD aims to cover pretty much the same area, but in the year 1257. It has all the factions it has decided to have (i.e. the map has reached its potential - all the way to Russia, the Ilkhanate and the Crusader states), it's very well oriented towards an entertaining gameplay and is still being worked on.

I'd suggest you try all of them, preferably start with E1200 (considering you're new to the game and thus wouldn't get lost among the new features of the other mods so much), then move to 1257 (which has a bit more specific features) and finally to Brytenwalda (which is pretty difficult and with so many features that they'd probably confuse you at first).
    Edit: I forgot - you could also try another cool new historical mod - Blue Blood - set in 1184 (currently covering only Western Europe), which has a nice troop-recruitment feature.
    Last edited by NikeBG; November 22, 2012 at 01:57 AM.

Personally speaking i recently started playing Mount and Blade Warband.I read a preview about this game and i think that the score that it has been given to is really too low.I mean that this is an awesome game in my opinion with rts and rpg sprites.I think that is similar to RTW but with plus rpg game - play.I think it deserves a more decent score.Plus this game is open ended so it doesn't force you to complete a goal within some turns.This is an advantage in my opinion.

Arian's Avatar Civis

Has been released trailer about the game???

Not any real serious trailer. Just the original announcement showing the name really. No idea on the release date either. I believe they've mostly been working on building up their company.

They have a blog that's updated everyother month with the progress being made on the game. Seems like it will probably come out sometime next year from where their at in the development.

FromHellBG's Avatar Civis

Can anybody offer me a nice graphic mod for Mount & Blade game from 2008 year?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast