Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Submod Campaign

Agamemnon's Avatar Comes Limitis

Default Re: Submod Campaign

Have no clue. I believe I PM'd the makers of The Blue and the Grey, but I don't recall if they got back to me. Will ask again.

General-In-Chief's Avatar Laetus

From: General in Chief's little brother (not General-in-Chief!). I would like to know when the campaign submod you are making for Secession Civil War will be released. I play the Blue & the Gray, but I get lag. So, I would really appreciate it if a campaign was released for SCW.. Signed, General-in-Chief's little brother.

Domesticus

Anything new?

Do you have pictures of the countryside that you are creating?

General-In-Chief's Avatar Laetus

I had an idea for the government. Use the Teutonic tree so it's not a monarchy. Then, instead of sticking the leader somewhere with 0 movement points, use the Norwegian king's scripting from Brittania. The script puts him off map as faction leader and scripts him to appear later. You could script it so the Presidents appear on the last turn of the campaign. Also, I'd like it if this was combine with the historical battles submod. Note: When will this be released? It's been two months now and no word. Signed, General-in-Chief's younger brother (please don't respond to this calling this comment as posted by General-in-Chief)

bk2-modder's Avatar Libertus

Just popping back in. Want to know if this sub mod is dead because the last post I made was in May, and there hasn't been any progress update. Agamemnon hasn't posted since February.

St. Imperator's Avatar Civis

Unfortunately, this mods corpse has drug itself back into the hole from which it came.

Abandoned project of the countryside?

Domesticus

No one who takes the mod in hand to make a map of the campaign?

bk2-modder's Avatar Libertus

Will no one continue this? I would be happy to see this mod improved with many new features, such as more units, historical generals, and waving, if only slightly, flags like in CTW. This is a great mod, and I would love to see it continued, even if we will never have a campaign for it.

Man i support you good luck

Just played this mod OMG! I would put $25 into a group fund to get this thing into Campaign mode submod state by some hard working devs. Is anyone interested in kicking in $5, maybe we can do a kickstarter for say $300-400 (collected over a 30 day period) for the dev(s) that finishes the Campaign?

This game is great looking, plays fast and is a pleasure far beyond anything I've played recently and its totally worth paying for.

Interest? Should we have a new thread?

Number one, mods are not and will not ever be paid for by anyone. It is free, voluntary work, and whilst I ordinarily certainly would get off my lazy butt and make it work if you offered me cash, that would be illegal and immoral, as I would be making money off someone else's intellectual property.

Number two, I have a rough version of the map, and for a time it was in fact working, however SCW decided to crap out of me and I haven't since reinstalled it. I was discouraged by computer and internet troubles and I never informed anyone, as well as simply taking a long break from TWC in general, so I apologize.

Number three, I wish I could tell you this is being worked on, but it isn't. Now that I see what my absence has caused I feel rather guilty, and thus may begin the process of figuring out what the fudge I did to break the mod months ago, however there are no real plans for progress.

Number four, I was waiting on a friend to convert a bunch of strat models from ETW format to M2TW format. He told me he would several times over the last few months and never did. You find me a modeler willing to put in some time, I promise I will get some kind of a mod released, if only so someone else can finish it. Otherwise it'll be M2 on a different map with some different units.

leoni's Avatar Campidoctor

...the real problem is, that hundred of people want something, but just a few get up their ...heads to spend just a bit time, learning, modding...so such projects would be done easily...just my point of view

Okey dokey. I'm now attempting to redownload the mod today, will take a look at whether or not things work. I warn you, the map is ROUGH. I need to work on the map_heights a lot, as ATM the Rockies and Appalachians are each a single mountain, which while realistic looks like .

I'm like

You're like

The result?

Then of course

and much

for us all

Quote Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
    Okey dokey. I'm now attempting to redownload the mod today, will take a look at whether or not things work. I warn you, the map is ROUGH. I need to work on the map_heights a lot, as ATM the Rockies and Appalachians are each a single mountain, which while realistic looks like .

Hi, do you have some news about your submod, i am very excited for play this !

At present no, as I am across the country from my computer.

This submod would get huge traction with civil war buffs in general. With a campaign - wow, there could be a real renaissance in the gaming community.

Nah, it's just a simple map for a comparatively not-all-that popular mod for an old game. If I made a US map for NTW, now then things would get exciting.

Since this can be played stand-alone, and NTW demands some level of Steam (even if one can after play "offline", try removing steam and playing) I thnink you may be surprised at the number of people interested. A great thing about this is I can be playing & downloading simultaneously, and the connection speed is great. Many peole dont like steam, and doesnt NTW already have a American Rev module?

I agree MidII:Kingdoms isn't the latest but so far, it is the best at delivering a stand-alone CivWar game worthy of the topic. Always appreciate your effort

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
    Nah, it's just a simple map for a comparatively not-all-that popular mod for an old game. If I made a US map for NTW, now then things would get exciting.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast