Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 88

Thread: Submod Campaign

  1. #1
    Agamemnon's Avatar Comes Limitis
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    The United States of America
    Posts
    13,835

    Default Submod Campaign

    I really would love to create a submit for this that would add a campaign. However, I have a few questions.

    Would I be allowed to make a submod?
    Don't really care, doing it anyway.

    Would enough people care to make it worth releasing?
    Meh, doing it anyway.

    Would I be able to find a decent mapper?
    Figured out how to do it myself.


    Provided those are yeses, I then need more ideas. I know what I want to do, but any suggestions are welcome. No guarantee they will make it in, but I will consider them.
    Last edited by Agamemnon; September 09, 2012 at 03:04 PM.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Submod Campaign

    This is a very good mod and I applaud the effort. I would be interested in a campaign submod, but the designers have to add more trees to the battlemaps. Most Civil War battlefields were inundated with large groves of trees.

  3. #3
    Agamemnon's Avatar Comes Limitis
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    The United States of America
    Posts
    13,835

    Default Re: Submod Campaign

    Well, it wouldn't really matter, as a new campaign map would royally up any current battlemaps and someone (probably me) would have to fix it. Additionally, trees are really quite minor. I've decided the go ahead, and I have the Union states almost added. Since ATM I have a totally blank map of the USA (all land is basic "Medium Fertility" right now), I will get to forests and fords and all those fun things probably last.

  4. #4
    GRANTO's Avatar Domesticus
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    glastonbury uk
    Posts
    2,192

    Default Re: Submod Campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
    Well, it wouldn't really matter, as a new campaign map would royally up any current battlemaps and someone (probably me) would have to fix it. Additionally, trees are really quite minor. I've decided the go ahead, and I have the Union states almost added. Since ATM I have a totally blank map of the USA (all land is basic "Medium Fertility" right now), I will get to forests and fords and all those fun things probably last.
    good to hear , go for it

  5. #5
    Agamemnon's Avatar Comes Limitis
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    The United States of America
    Posts
    13,835

    Default Re: Submod Campaign

    Midwest nearly done. Gotta do the South and the territories, then I can throw in a Canada region and a Mexico region and get to work on terraforming.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Submod Campaign

    sounds very good so far. i'm awaiting the first release version! plz go on with your work, Agamemnon, and good luck ;-)

  7. #7
    Agamemnon's Avatar Comes Limitis
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    The United States of America
    Posts
    13,835

    Default Re: Submod Campaign

    Well, I completely finished the Union states, and after saving and trying to launch the game won't start. -_-

    Absolutely no reason for it to break...

  8. #8
    GRANTO's Avatar Domesticus
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    glastonbury uk
    Posts
    2,192

    Default Re: Submod Campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
    Well, I completely finished the Union states, and after saving and trying to launch the game won't start. -_-

    Absolutely no reason for it to break...
    what do you mean wont start? how far does it load ? are there any error messages and have you any done descr_strat work? if so there is likely an error in that file

  9. #9
    Agamemnon's Avatar Comes Limitis
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    The United States of America
    Posts
    13,835

    Default Re: Submod Campaign

    Kicks to menu after selecting "start campaign", no error message, yes I have because there's no other way to do so, the problem is likely port-related.

  10. #10
    GRANTO's Avatar Domesticus
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    glastonbury uk
    Posts
    2,192

    Default Re: Submod Campaign

    this is a classic error when descr strat is not correct , trouble is it can be one spelling mistake that causes it

  11. #11
    Agamemnon's Avatar Comes Limitis
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    The United States of America
    Posts
    13,835

    Default Re: Submod Campaign

    It wasn't descr_strat per se, it was a misplaced port. No clue which misplaced port, but I'll figure it out. The point is that it works and the Union states are complete. I don't yet know, however, how to go about adding territories. Same as states, but bigger and less developed? Maybe all castles there to represent forts? Perhaps cattle resources later?


    EDIT: Working AFAIK, South about half done. Expect screens tomorrow or the day after.
    Last edited by Agamemnon; September 11, 2012 at 10:06 PM.

  12. #12
    Crociato78's Avatar Domesticus
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ferrara, Italy
    Posts
    2,052

    Default Re: Submod Campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
    It wasn't descr_strat per se, it was a misplaced port. No clue which misplaced port, but I'll figure it out. The point is that it works and the Union states are complete. I don't yet know, however, how to go about adding territories. Same as states, but bigger and less developed? Maybe all castles there to represent forts? Perhaps cattle resources later?


    EDIT: Working AFAIK, South about half done. Expect screens tomorrow or the day after.

    You did the map?

    If so, you can show it?

  13. #13
    Agamemnon's Avatar Comes Limitis
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    The United States of America
    Posts
    13,835

    Default Re: Submod Campaign

    Soon.

  14. #14
    Crociato78's Avatar Domesticus
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ferrara, Italy
    Posts
    2,052

    Default Re: Submod Campaign

    Ok!

    Keep us updated!

    ;-)

  15. #15
    Agamemnon's Avatar Comes Limitis
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    The United States of America
    Posts
    13,835

    Default Re: Submod Campaign

    Got it working again, North is done, South is in the works, got a lot of work left to do but my own work is nigh on done. I took screens but they disappeared, so ya'll will have to live without. Still need strat models if ya can find a mod'ler. Still need ta make cities proper-like and add armies an' such. An' yes, ya'll were supposed ta read this ta a beat an' in a Southern accent, I'm list'nin' ta Country while I mod.

  16. #16
    yuezhi's Avatar Senator
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Cell 42
    Posts
    1,175

    Default Re: Submod Campaign

    on a mission from god i see.
    all hail the flying spaghetti monster!

  17. #17

    Default Re: Submod Campaign

    Hello guys !
    Just a message to say Im' not dead ! But full busy in real life...(two little childrens, cute girls but it's need a lot of work)

    I will follow your work and if you need something, I can adapt my models.

    The only problem is that I'm french and it's hard for me to translate my ideas in english...
    In Secession CivilWar we trust

  18. #18
    Agamemnon's Avatar Comes Limitis
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    The United States of America
    Posts
    13,835

    Default Re: Submod Campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by yuezhi View Post
    on a mission from god i see.
    *God
    Quote Originally Posted by Raph_VR View Post
    Hello guys !
    Just a message to say Im' not dead ! But full busy in real life...(two little childrens, cute girls but it's need a lot of work)

    I will follow your work and if you need something, I can adapt my models.

    The only problem is that I'm french and it's hard for me to translate my ideas in english...
    Well, thank you very much for your blessing! My only questions are about strat models. Were any ever made? I need generals and city/castle models (yes, I'm keeping castles - forts).


    EDIT: Oh, and you didn't by any chance put the ACW units in into export_descr_buildings already, did you?

  19. #19

    Default Re: Submod Campaign

    sorry, I have no strat_models, If it's easy, I will convert a battle officer model in strat officer model.

    And I never use the export_descr_buildings...
    In Secession CivilWar we trust

  20. #20
    Nirnaeth Arnoediad's Avatar Vive l'Empereur !
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    In the greatest civilization
    Posts
    807

    Default Re: Submod Campaign

    Great work ! I want to see the map screen. It's a great idea to create the campaign, it's something we would have liked to do, but our time is running out. Continue your great work !

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •