Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Map A)

15 53.57%
  • Map b)

13 46.43%
Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ... 6314647484950515253545556
Results 1,101 to 1,116 of 1116

Thread: End of Antiquity Campaign: The First Crusade (612 - 710)

Default Re: End of Antiquity Campaign: The First Crusade (612 - 710)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    With models the Justinian Main Campaign could be released. It has this campaign as a part of it but it's just an empty map.

If the Justinian Campaign is released moving the same models to it would be easy.

So it's just the models missing for quite a few factions.
    Will you release a custom battle only beta with factions that are playable?

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Quote Originally Posted by The_Duluthian View Post
    Will you release a custom battle only beta with factions that are playable?
    Nope. Most rosters are horribly outdated and the good ones are only worthy of a release together with the campaign.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Nope. Most rosters are horribly outdated and the good ones are only worthy of a release together with the campaign.
    Ah. I remember you mentioning that you'll release it when the Great Conflicts mod team to finish their mod. Are you going to use models from that mod to fix the outdated rosters? Also, are the Sassanids and Romans the only factions with good unit rosters?

Ah. I remember you mentioning that you'll release it when the Great Conflicts mod team to finish their mod. Are you going to use models from that mod to fix the outdated rosters? Also, are the Sassanids and Romans the only factions with good unit rosters?
    Hello, I am not certain what will happen but as long as TGC hasn't released the real release I can't use their models - and they would fit certain factions. There were another Italian mod with models suitable for the time period but I'm not sure if it's released at all.

All the factions from the Danube Limes beta have great models, and the Romans and the Sassanids have it as well from other eras. The Justinian era unfortunately has RTW-models.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

Hello, I am not certain what will happen but as long as TGC hasn't released the real release I can't use their models - and they would fit certain factions. There were another Italian mod with models suitable for the time period but I'm not sure if it's released at all.

All the factions from the Danube Limes beta have great models, and the Romans and the Sassanids have it as well from other eras. The Justinian era unfortunately has RTW-models.
    Ah. Will you still release EoR even if the Italian mod isn't released? Is there work being done on the Justinian era roster. Also, will you release an update for Danube Limes that allows people to use the Heraclian and Thematic units along with the Sassanids in custom battles?

Ah. Will you still release EoR even if the Italian mod isn't released? Is there work being done on the Justinian era roster. Also, will you release an update for Danube Limes that allows people to use the Heraclian and Thematic units along with the Sassanids in custom battles?
    The current build of the East of Rome: Main Justinian Campaign is stable on the map, but certain factions have no working units in battle - so it's not possible to enjoy the campaign in real-time-battle. I will not release an update to Danube Limes, even though the main release has both the smaller campaigns as custom campaigns built into it. If it's going to be improved it will be improved as a part of the bigger mod.

I was adding Hun-models from De Bello Mundi and I might decide to continue to add models from other mods if I get the drift to do so.

There were a guy working on the Justinian Roman roster but he disappeared in the summer of 2020 and never sent me any of his work. He did send me pictures that I recall previewing..

I have another folder full of suitable models for the Justinian era that were provided by someone. They're made for this time period and are as I know unused in other mods. But besides the Romans we need models for a bunch of other factions.

- The Havamal

Has there been any progress on the mod?

Has there been any progress on the mod?
    I did receive a WIP this year with all the new models that were made for the Justinian Roman faction back in like 2019/2020 or so..

So I do have a slightly better build with the new models.

But I'm still lacking models for many factions - the new Roman units are saved.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; December 13, 2022 at 08:09 AM.

- The Havamal

This is the official beta 0.9 of East of Rome (EoR) which was only ever available to developers of the mod until the developer's forum got removed over at TWC.

Back in 2017 I worked on re-enabling many of the units for custom battle - as they were not working due to faulty lines in the BMMDB-file and had to be corrected in order to work properly in battle. Expect to be able to play custom battles with more factions than in the 2014 Danube Limes Beta.

What about the campaign?

In this version of the mod you'd get a slightly more developed version of the Danube Limes Campaign that should be more stable, and there are a bunch of remade units for the Romans made in 2020 by Komatozz, so I've also been doing a bit of fixing for the mod.

The End of Antiquity Campaign is not developed enough to be playable, and the Justinian Campaign has a weird crash to desktop where whenever you select Sassanid-styled cities the mod will crash - but sometimes it won't. It's not far from being playable.

I don't seem to be able to fix the crash and will release this version as is, if anyone wants to pick it up and try their hands at fixing the bug in the Justinian campaign be my guest.

If you want units just be sure to credit the East of Rome team as that's what the developers said.

I gave up on fixing the Justinian Campaign, but the mod should still be better off than the prior upload - and I still put effort into enabling the rosters in custom battle even if the Main Campaign still isn't playable due to said bug and the fact certain factions (in the campaign) will need new units as the units have been lost. I did remove all those factions from the custom battles but they're still in the Justinian Main campaign - every faction/unit of the factions available in custom should work but not the others available in the grand campaign.

Credits to the East of Rome Development Team for most of the work on this beta, I just fixed it up a bit from its state in 2017 - which still took me some work mostly done in 2017 and in 2019.

Download-link to East of Rome V. 0.9 BETA:

https://www.moddb.com/mods/east-of-r...es-is-playable

- The Havamal

I cutted three factions: Hephthalites, Sassanids rebels and Roman rebels and Justinian's campaign became quite stable. Played until 562.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	f_HrK7bLbw0.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	862.2 KB 
ID:	368874

I slaughtered three factions: Hephthalites, Sassanids and Romans and Justinian's campaign became quite stable. Played until 562.

Sorry for bad posting, I cannot edit it. The crashes dissapeared after I cutting the romanrebels\sasanidrebels and hephtalites factions from Justinian campaign.
    Last edited by Maximinus Thrax; March 29, 2023 at 04:34 AM. Reason: posts merged

Quote Originally Posted by egich View Post
    I cutted three factions: Hephthalites, Sassanids rebels and Roman rebels and Justinian's campaign became quite stable. Played until 562.Click image for larger version. 

I slaughtered three factions: Hephthalites, Sassanids and Romans and Justinian's campaign became quite stable. Played until 562.

Sorry for bad posting, I cannot edit it. The crashes dissapeared after I cutting the romanrebels\sasanidrebels and hephtalites factions from Justinian campaign.
    Have you tried fixing the issue that causes a CTD when starting a campaign as an Arab faction after adding an army?

OskarEriksson's Avatar Foederatus

Do you need a beta tester guys? Old invasio barbarorum and late roman player here, at least by 15 years. If i can be to help, to you, i will be glad. And i'm very curious to test the first crusade. I have now a 4 months holiday from university, so i'm plating intensively in this weeks. I have much time.

Really?! That's awesome news man! I did delete the mod after uploading it but with your feedback I will re-download it and take another look at the mod.

I do remember reading in the past that additional "rebel"-factions or "shadow factions" can indeed cause crashes! Good to know.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; October 14, 2023 at 02:43 PM.

- The Havamal

Have you tried fixing the issue that causes a CTD when starting a campaign as an Arab faction after adding an army?
    Many battles are going to crash in the Justinian campaign in real-time-battles before the battle starts because many of the playable factions do not have any unit models. Only the factions in the custom battle selection do have available units, while the other factions seem to have units due to having all their unit-entries in the export_descr_unit-file - but the actual models are lost and will need to be replaced by new models. I was doing that work of adding new models borrowed from other mods but stopped when I had this crash that egich claims to have solved.

So I would think if every unit model is added for every unit then the mod won't crash when trying to start battles- it CTD because of missing models I believe.

- The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by OskarEriksson View Post
    Do you need a beta tester guys? Old invasio barbarorum and late roman player here, at least by 15 years. If i can be to help, to you, i will be glad. And i'm very curious to test the first crusade. I have now a 4 months holiday from university, so i'm plating intensively in this weeks. I have much time.
    Unfortunately the End of Antiquity-campaign only has a map and two factions placed out.. It would be the last campaign made playable out of the three.. The Justinian Main campaign/Restoration of Rome Campaign is the one that is almost ready, it will just need models for all the units that lack models and of course the fix mentioned above to solve an annoying CTD when clicking on Sassanid-cities, or when the enemy attacks Sassanid-cities - so that crash was due to the Sassanid-rebels most likely.

Yeah, I'll pick up the mod again but the Justinian Campaign is the focus- not the End of Antiquity campaign - the later one would be easy to add after the other one is ready though - as that would mean we have the models for both. But unlike the Justinian Campaign the other one is hardly worked on.. The Justinian one has family members, cities, traits, ancillaries, events - everything is ready except the models.

- The Havamal

The Imperio Restauratio (Justinian campaign) still crashed for me after doing this whenever I double-clicked on the Sassanid settlements.

So I still can't and won't continue this project.

- The Havamal