Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ... 6314647484950515253545556
Results 1,101 to 1,112 of 1112

Thread: Writers' Study Duels: Commentary, discussing, trash talking - ALL HERE!

Default Re: Writers' Study Duels: Commentary, discussing, trash talking - ALL HERE!

Quote Originally Posted by Cookiegod View Post
    Who gets custody for Kilo? :O
    Well, this is kind of awkward...

I thought you knew...

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Skotos already adopted me.
    | Community Creative Writing
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources
    | My Nabataean AAR for EBII
    | My Ongoing Creative Writing

Campidoctor

Default Re: Writers' Study Duels: Commentary, discussing, trash talking - ALL HERE!

Human Rights Watch is for Humans. Sure you don't mean PETA?
    To tell them there's a dorky wolf straying about? Yeah, should do that.

This sunday is fine. Or do you mean next sunday? Would also be fine.
    Next week. But since you already started something, that was a fools question.
    Had an ace in your sleeve, just as I did, huh? Evil fella.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilo11 View Post
    Skotos already adopted me.
    Lucky you. I was about to suggest the orphanage. No alcohol allowed there.

Caillagh de Bodemloze's Avatar to rede I me delyte
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Cookiegod and Derc, you clearly haven't read the rules for WS Duels, which I linked to on the last page. You both need to do that before you post anything else here.

Let me also repeat my instruction from the last page, which you have both ignored:
    Quote Originally Posted by Caillagh de Bodemloze View Post
    This is also the wrong place for you and Derc to decide whether or not you're going to duel. Do that by PM, please. Then WS staff need to hear from both of you by PM confirming that you've agreed to duel.
    In addition to that, let me point out that the rules require that the terms of any WS Duel must be checked - and approved - by WS Staff before the Duel can start.

In this case, I can tell you immediately that your terms will not be approved by WS Staff. WS Duels involve each participant writing a piece designed specially for the duel, and submitting that piece to WS Staff so that it can be posted anonymously and then voted on by TWC members who choose to participate. We will also not agree to any WS Duel where the winner can change the loser's name, avatar, sig, or anything similar to that, because it would be far too easy for a winner to abuse that.

If you wish to compete over who can finish their next AAR most quickly, that's absolutely fine, but it will need to be an unofficial contest. You must not post anything relating to that contest on this thread - please use your own AAR threads. Any further posts on this thread that relate to your AAR-writing contest will be considered off-topic.

Caillagh de Bodemloze
    WS Deputy Director

Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Caillagh de Bodemloze View Post
    If you wish to compete over who can finish their next AAR most quickly, that's absolutely fine, but it will need to be an unofficial contest.
    That's exactly what I meant with
    Quote Originally Posted by Derc View Post
    We'll do this our way.
    Tbh I don't even know what'd be the benefit of doing an "official" duel except getting a stamp in the HoF and maybe some rep.

Whatever, all's well. I think we are set. Rest can be discussed in private.

Cookiegod's Avatar CIVUS DIVUS EX CLIBANO
    Citizen

Yep, our duel is unofficial.
    Quote Originally Posted by Derc View Post
    Rest can be discussed in private.
    Yes! Duel 2.0: Who can badmouth the other behind his back (=in PMs) best!

From Socrates over Jesus to me it has always been the lot of any true visionary to be rejected by the reactionary bourgeoisie
    Qualis noncives pereo! #justiceforcookie #egalitéfraternitécookié #CLM

Caillagh de Bodemloze's Avatar to rede I me delyte
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

I'm closing this thread. When it is needed for a WS Duel, it will be re-opened.

Turkafinwë's Avatar The Sick Baby Jester
    Content Emeritus

After a short hiatus we return to the duel between Swaeft and King Athelstan! Now hear my words and listen carefully for I present you with the Official Reading of the Terms of the Duel!

The Duelists, Swaeft and King Athelstan, have agreed that they will each produce a Piece of Writing conforming to the following Description:
    It shall contain no more than Two Hundred (200) Words as measured by this Word-Counting Device.
    It shall contain the keywords "Ice" and "Potato". (Tenses of verbs may be changed; nouns may be changed from singular to plural or vice versa; capitalisation may be removed; no other changes to these words are permitted.)
    It shall be submitted to the Duel Referee (Turkafinwë) before the end of the 9th day of June in this year of 2019, as measured by Coordinated Universal Time +2 (UTC +2).

Once more honoured duelists, sharpen your quills and hasten to your Writing-Desks!

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

I wish Swaeft the best of luck, he will need it
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Cookiegod's Avatar CIVUS DIVUS EX CLIBANO
    Citizen

I wish you both inspiration. If you thirst for some ideas this might help.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

No gluten means it must be healthy!

Godspeed to both of ye, and by that I don't mean my speed, because that'd be horrible.

From Socrates over Jesus to me it has always been the lot of any true visionary to be rejected by the reactionary bourgeoisie
    Qualis noncives pereo! #justiceforcookie #egalitéfraternitécookié #CLM

Swaeft's Avatar Drama King
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

I wish you the best of luck, KA...in actually submitting your entry this time

That's some funny alcohol right there CG, maybe we should get Kilo11 to try it and review it

Swaeft's Scribblings (Library)| Swaeft's Snaps (Gallery)| My Blog (The Lensation)

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

It's submitted
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Quote Originally Posted by Swaeft View Post
    That's some funny alcohol right there CG, maybe we should get Kilo11 to try it and review it

Not happening.
    | Community Creative Writing
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources
    | My Nabataean AAR for EBII
    | My Ongoing Creative Writing