Page 55 of 56 FirstFirst ... 530454647484950515253545556 LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1112

Thread: Writers' Study Duels: Commentary, discussing, trash talking - ALL HERE!

Default Re: Writers' Study Duels: Commentary, challenging, discussing, trash talking - ALL HERE!

I wonder if they are gonna go for modern smack-talk, or for something from an earlier era... Anyway, I love this movie, and am so glad it's playing in theaters again
    | Community Creative Writing
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources
    | My Nabataean AAR for EBII
    | My Ongoing Creative Writing

Swaeft's Avatar Drama King
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: Writers' Study Duels: Commentary, challenging, discussing, trash talking - ALL HERE!

Modern smack talk? I don't know what you're talking about...come out from behind your castle, false King!

What kind of a keyword is 'potato'?

Swaeft's Scribblings (Library)| Swaeft's Snaps (Gallery)| My Blog (The Lensation)

Quote Originally Posted by Swaeft View Post
    What kind of a keyword is 'potato'?
    Hahaha.

I think it's meant to be the kind of keyword that makes you ask exactly that question, and thus Athelstan gets into your head!
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

You're out here dueling, while I'm playing 6d-chess. On a potato.
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

NorseThing's Avatar Primicerius

From Wiki: The potato is a starchy, tuberous crop from the perennial nightshade Solanum tuberosum.

I was hoping for a keyword such as nightshade so I could simply throw a tomato at the false front movie set castles being erected for the duel.

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

I'd duel given an interesting subject.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

Skotos of Sinope's Avatar Macstre Gaposal

Quote Originally Posted by Swaeft View Post
    Modern smack talk? I don't know what you're talking about...come out from behind your castle, false King!
    You hear that? Swaeft means to seize the Potato Throne!

Swaeft's Avatar Drama King
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Ahh, what a work of art that is...IT'S MINE NOW! In the name of King Swaeft McDonald, of House Fries, I sentence you to...

Swaeft's Scribblings (Library)| Swaeft's Snaps (Gallery)| My Blog (The Lensation)

Hey you ninnies, it's been ten days since any mud flew! You lot need to get your trash talking together! I want to see some wit before the vote is underway!
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources

NorseThing's Avatar Primicerius

The internet is forever. Ten days is a drop in the forever bucket.

Cookiegod's Avatar CIVUS DIVUS EX CLIBANO
    Citizen

Hear hear! Ye good folk, gather around!
    Now that Derc is done with another AAR and probably plotting his next one, and as a revenge for him besmudging my honour, I shall challenge him to a different kind of duel! He who finishes his AAR first, gets to change the other's username for a month!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    I actually didn't talk with him about it prior so if you guys could talk him into it that'd be great.
    Shame him if you must!

Who will win? The fast and fuhrerious Blitzposter, or the master of retardation? PM him, and ye shall find out!

Quote Originally Posted by Cookiegod View Post
    From Socrates over Jesus to me it has always been the lot of any true visionary to be rejected by the reactionary bourgeoisie
    Qualis noncives pereo! #justiceforcookie #egalitéfraternitécookié #CLM

Caillagh de Bodemloze's Avatar to rede I me delyte
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Cookiegod, please don't ask other people to try and persuade Derc (or anyone else) into doing things. That sounds very much like asking people to harass Derc for you, and harassment (as I've said before) is against the ToS. If you want to duel against Derc, then you should be the one to talk to Derc about it. This is also the wrong place for you and Derc to decide whether or not you're going to duel. Do that by PM, please. Then WS staff need to hear from both of you by PM confirming that you've agreed to duel.

You should also bear in mind that it's up to Hex whether or not to change someone's username - and whether or not to change it back, later.

Citizen

So that's how dreams die.
    In my defense: This thread has "Challenging" & "Trash talk" in the title.

From Socrates over Jesus to me it has always been the lot of any true visionary to be rejected by the reactionary bourgeoisie

Caillagh de Bodemloze's Avatar to rede I me delyte
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Yeah, fair point, we should probably remove the 'challenging' from the thread title. (That's left over from the old system, when there were many more duels, so the thread was always open.)

Here are the current rules for Duels. Feel free to PM Derc and get something going - I can tell Kilo11's desperate for an opportunity to throw shade in as many directions as possible.

Edit: Thread title changed. I hope that'll be a bit less confusing for everyone!
    Last edited by Caillagh de Bodemloze; May 16, 2019 at 10:50 AM.

Campidoctor

If you want to challenge me, I'm open to it ... at least if it isn't a Hotseat, a TW-Battle or something else nervewrecking and time consuming. What, almost everything on the planet is just that? Well, too bad then.
    Finishing my next campaign vs finishing your next chapter sounds about fair, not considering that you could end a chapter at any time and my next campaign is still off (and god damn long).

Forget names. The loser may put Onkel Reje as his new avatar. The only problem is that it'd not really be a punishment but a great thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookiegod
    Who will win? The fast and fuhrerious Blitzposter, or the master of retardation? PM him, and ye shall find out!
    Who's who?

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Derc View Post
    If you want to challenge me, I'm open to it ... at least if it isn't a Hotseat, a TW-Battle or something else nervewrecking and time consuming. What, almost everything on the planet is just that?
    paper.io isn't nervewrecking and time consuming. What? You'd rather have something else? Well, too bad then. Just kidding. Let's leave it at AAR's.
    Finishing my next campaign vs finishing your next chapter sounds about fair, not considering that you could end a chapter at any time and my next campaign is still off (and god damn long).
    I count each of your campaigns as an AAR. Whoever finishes his AAR first wins. But you'll have time.
    Forget names.
    I always do... ... Zerc?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerc View Post
    The loser may put Onkel Reje as his new avatar. The only problem is that it'd not really be a punishment but a great thing.
    Which is why the winner will choose the losers avatar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerc View Post
    Who's who?
    Well if we knew it we'd know who'd win, wouldn't we?! Jeez Zerc. I really need to explain everything to you.

Default Re: Writers' Study Duels: Commentary, discussing, trash talking - ALL HERE!

I love that the trash-talking and general rowdiness has been hijacked by two people not remotely involved in the actual duel. Cook and Zerc (We are just going with the new name, right?), you two are gems! And I must say, I would love you guys dueling one another, if for no other reason than to see the lead-up here
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources

Citizen

Default Re: Writers' Study Duels: Commentary, discussing, trash talking - ALL HERE!

The irony being that I chose to do it here so I wouldn't hijack your thread. I mean Zerc is ok sometimes, but he has those moments where he really goes too far. Me? Slow?!

So Derzerc, how's sunday as a start date for you? You ready for a multiplayer battle of wits with something worse than AI? You ready for a clash of titans without the titans?

Campidoctor

If you want both your duel and to call me with 'Z', then let's go for Starcraft. You can have your Zercrush there. Problem is that I don't own this game. And I don't intend to. I'm no Korean after all (being North Korean at heart doesn't count).

AAR duelling is fine. Sunday is fine too. No TW battles, however. We'll do this our way. Don't get what you want with Clash of Titans.

Yet, no matter if I win or loose, I demand a divorce. I will keep the pictures. You can have the paragraphs.

paper.io isn't nervewrecking
    Is sure damn is.

Which is why the winner will choose the losers avatar.
    Without dictating it, but finding a consent. I want no weird face of yours as an avatar, even though I would be glad to have a pic that looks even more like a bum as my current one does.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilo11
    I love that the trash-talking and general rowdiness has been hijacked by two people not remotely involved in the actual duel.
    I didn't hijack anything. I had to defend myself. The Humans Rights Watch would cry out.

Citizen

Human Rights Watch is for Humans. Sure you don't mean PETA?

This sunday is fine. Or do you mean next sunday? Would also be fine.

I consent to the divorce, but we both need letters and pictures, so I say we split them right through the middle.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Who gets custody for Kilo? :O