Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Buildings

Jakeford's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: Buildings

I know that you can grab malon but on more group doesn't really fix that problem :/ How do you put more units in the campaign? if I can't figure it out I will just have to wait for the next update to get cavelry

HerofTime's Avatar Tiro

First you need to go into this directory: "C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Hyrule\data". Then open up the file "export_descr_buildings (do note, always back up your files that to mod incase you want to revert back to the original). After that you have to decide on the unit you want to add to the campaign (crossing units between factions they aren't made for will usually make them have the mercenary silver unit glitch, so it's not recommended). So in this case, you want to add Mounted Hyrulean Knights. Now heres an example on where I'd put them: they fit best in the Animal Ranch (note you can put them anywhere, I just try to make it as realistic as possible). KoH already can use this building so you don't have to add it to them. For this example, you want to search for this line: "levels animal_ranch" (the quotes are only used to divide, don't add them to the search). So this is what you should find:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

building ranch
    {
    levels animal_ranch
    {
    animal_ranch requires factions { hylian, gerudo, ordona, lanayru, moblin, lizalfos, }
    {
    capability
    {
    recruit_pool "Mounted Marauders" 1 0.2 2 0 requires factions { gerudo, }
    recruit_pool "Ordona Horsemen" 1 0.2 2 0 requires factions { ordona, }
    recruit_pool "Boar Riders" 1 0.2 2 0 requires factions { moblin, }
    recruit_pool "Mounted Dune Archers" 1 0.2 2 0 requires factions { gerudo, }
    recruit_pool "Coast Riders" 1 0.2 2 0 requires factions { lanayru, }
    recruit_pool "Helmasaur Riders" 1 0.2 2 0 requires factions { lizalfos, }
    trade_base_income_bonus bonus 1

Now you need to copy and paste one of the "recruit_pool" lines into a notepad, then edit it so it looks like this:
    recruit_pool "Mounted Hyrulean Knights" 1 0.2 2 0 requires factions { hylian, }
    Now add that line to the list of the others so it looks something like this:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

building ranch
    {
    levels animal_ranch
    {
    animal_ranch requires factions { hylian, gerudo, ordona, lanayru, moblin, lizalfos, }
    {
    capability
    {
    recruit_pool "Mounted Hyrulean Knights" 1 0.2 2 0 requires factions { hylian, }
    recruit_pool "Mounted Marauders" 1 0.2 2 0 requires factions { gerudo, }
    recruit_pool "Ordona Horsemen" 1 0.2 2 0 requires factions { ordona, }
    recruit_pool "Boar Riders" 1 0.2 2 0 requires factions { moblin, }
    recruit_pool "Mounted Dune Archers" 1 0.2 2 0 requires factions { gerudo, }
    recruit_pool "Coast Riders" 1 0.2 2 0 requires factions { lanayru, }
    recruit_pool "Helmasaur Riders" 1 0.2 2 0 requires factions { lizalfos, }
    trade_base_income_bonus bonus 1

Now save it and put it into that data folder listed above and you are done! Do note that you need to copy the file to the desktop or somethign so you can edit it, you shouldn't be able to edit it in its data folder. Again, make sure you always back up files you edit. This can be used for any unit in custom battle that is missing from its faction in the campaign. There r some here and there that don't work and it varies. Again if you try to mix units with factions they aren't made for and mess their unit appearance up so do so at your own risk. I have found it to be a trial and error process if you do that. Hope this also helps anyone else, enjoy!
    Last edited by HerofTime; April 17, 2013 at 07:08 PM.

"Metsu Ryū Ōgi...! Gōma Tetsu Jin Ken!!!" -Gajeel Redfox

thanks for that! but man those text coding are just chaos! it doesn't make any sense!

HerofTime's Avatar Tiro

Well, do know that this is some of the easier stuff compared to other things!

Quote Originally Posted by HerofTime View Post
    Well, do know that this is some of the easier stuff compared to other things!
    you should make a thread of the main hyrule total war page on how to do that!

HerofTime's Avatar Tiro

Besides this I got a post lying around someone on how to add in units into recruitment rosters and such . The basic method I found on an older link on here but most of it was me just experimenting. I think every campaign I've played has rosters or buildings editted somehow, has made every campaign since that much more fun. I'm no expert on the subject but I can help with these two basic things mainly .
    Last edited by HerofTime; April 20, 2013 at 02:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DiddlyDark View Post
    Possibly the theatre as well, because they do seem to have an abundance of brass, right?
    lol no, the labranna regime they have an abundance of BRONZE because they probably don't go into battle with weak brass swords and armor (if you played a brass instrument you would know how soft brass is trust me I do) well they might wear brass stuff but if they do there kind of stupid

Laetus

I feel like some of the unique and religious buildings should be changed. Like Labrynnas factory could reduce construction times instead of costs; Gorons deep mine could provide a bonus mining income instead of replacing the normal mine/mining complex as far as income; Ordonas plantation could provide a farming bonus instead of setting it to +5 (defeats point of building farms, unless that was the point of units spawning from them), etc.

As for religious buildings, I've been trying out different methods for who can build what building. Aside from a standard "each faction can only build its religious buildings", I found I could also make it so that factions could only build their own religious buildings or any religion with 25% sway already present (magic of "or"). Only downside was I couldn't add a "not" statement afterwards (without buginess) to prevent majora and strict worship from coexisting, (so it became possible to have settlements with both oddly enough).

The Satlfos should have a building that recruits stalkin and reduces population growth, as a way to fight factions which do not have a stalfos equivalent yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Warlord View Post
    The Satlfos should have a building that recruits stalkin and reduces population growth, as a way to fight factions which do not have a stalfos equivalent yet.
    Was it necessary to post the exact same thing in two different threads?

Well it was related to both threads. If the stalfos are already fine and don't need the building, I would get information on that faster from the stalfos thread. If there is a already maxed out building limit or something similar, I would hear about it more quickly in the building thread. If I have broken some written or unwritten rule of the forum I apologize

Apani's Avatar Senator

For Labrynna's Factory: "construction_cost_bonus_wood bonus 20" has to be corrected into "construction_cost_bonus_wooden bonus 20". Also, it seems I can't build Fine Roads in Castles due to a missing "c_fine_roads" upgrades string.

Are there any religious buildings for no diety worship? I can only build diety statues as Labrynna. If not is there a way to help spread no diety worship?

Apani's Avatar Senator

Not so far.

Would it be possible to make all settlements to automatically make "No Worship" when the place has no religious building of any sort? as well as nullifying it when a religious building gets built?

When I was reading up on the moblin page, I noticed that two of the buildings they can construct at settlements are bars and bazaars. For some reason this seems a bit too organized/cultured for moblins, especial when compared to the names the rest of structures they can build. Might I offer some suggestions?

For the bar, perhaps call it a "Grog House", and as for the bazaar, perhaps call it a "Shiny Rock Swap Shop!"

Nice touch with the name changes.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234