Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Into the Mood

yuezhi's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Into the Mood

there's a ton of problems with your suggestion.
    a) This mod is based on the "Romance of the Three kingdoms" (i think) so the only major places where historical accuracy matters is the era and the overall ebb and flow of the war.
    b) -once again this is a romance. historical accuracy to the fullest is more of an afterthought.
    -Chinese government has always been different from western counterparts so i bet that one does not simply step into a chinese town and pacify everything.
    -merging crossbow training into a complex is a bit of a stretch since it was more or less up to the engineers and intellectuals than soldiers to know how to make and use them. crossbows were made for ease of access to untrained solders, not just another way to bring missiles to the battlefield.

sry for hijacking
    Last edited by yuezhi; September 09, 2012 at 02:52 PM.
    all hail the flying spaghetti monster!

Cronos Impera's Avatar Foederatus

When I read the Romance of the Three Kingdoms I saw that cities ware mostly controlled by gentry clans. When a city was conquered its main gentry clan risked slaughter. This is what happened at Pu Yang when Lu Bu was forced to flee. The gentry clan feared Cao Cao would slay them. Rebels wouldn't simply be eliminated, all their family faced extermination.
    This is why a warlord would need to establish a policy when conquering a city, either
    1st turn construction
    Punishment (massive negative population growth, negative income,massive boost in happiness and law)
    Mercy (small positive population growth, small boost in happiness, negative boost in law)
    2nd turn construction
    Restore order (removes all further buffs and allows construction of all buildings)
    Last edited by Gigantus; September 10, 2012 at 12:42 AM. Reason: multiple posting merged.
    "Daca voi nu ma vreti, eu va vreu" (Alexandru Lapusneanul)

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

There are 'gentry clan' buildings (original academic building tree and despotic law) already present in the mod - I just have to review their functioning. I still remember the 'initial pacifying' buildings when working on PDeR - they were needed before one could build anything in conquered settlements. They worked like a charm to prevent rapid expansion.

hey when i install this mode does it allowed me to playing other mod and vanilla aslo the kingdoms campaign ?

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

The map teaser will install into it's own folder as will the full mod once it is released.
    You can continue playing vanilla and kingdoms as usual.

ok thank you i love TK

Quote Originally Posted by Cronos Impera View Post
    Greetings from EB.
    Since historical accuracy is the ideology of EB, I would like to recommend you some ideas.
    a) Try and find artwork from the period (no movie reconstructions, no romanticized versions)
    Just speaking from personal experience here, but if the team takes this advice, finding period artwork might be one of the hardest goals to accomplish.

b) Implement realistic recruitment
    - Make elite units hard to find and recruit (low refresh rates)
    - Scrap a-historical units and units that ware rare or unique during the time-frame. I had to fight hordes of Sun Quan's clanswomen and flame throwing shamans in 1.9.
    I concur here. A good example of your first idea is Cao Cao's Tiger and Leopard Cavalry, which should be kept to only a handful of units at any one time. If I remember correctly, the Tiger and Leopard cavalry were Cao Cao's personal guard unit and his best cavalry.

For rare units like the clanswomen you could generate them via script instead. You could do this also to ZhongLu crossbows (tie them to Zhuge Liang deaths')
    Just one thing here I wanted to ask: By ZhongLu crossbows are you referring to the repeating crossbow supposedly invented by Zhuge? I thought those actually predated the Three Kingdoms.

- Use special "pacification" buildings gain control of a settlement. When your side gets control of a settlement officials must be changed, taxes must be collected, a garrison must be established. A special "building" can solve all this.
    - Merge barracks, stables and crossbow ranges into one military complex.
    - Use traditional music for the ambient. You could employ traditional music from all geographical areas.
    - Use the Teutonic campaign settings for some factions (Lu Bu, Li Jue).

Excellent job so far.
    Just wanted to say I agree with these suggestions too. I would have to get back to you on merging the military buildings (just the double-checker in me) but otherwise solid.
    Trust in Jesus, always!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12