Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: *NEW RELEASE* 2.4.3 (Full Download) + Patches *NEW 3/10/14 - Steam/Kingdoms compatable files added

Default *NEW RELEASE* 2.4.3 (Full Download) + Patches *NEW 3/10/14 - Steam/Kingdoms compatable files added

Full Download (no previous versions required) - a small update from 2.4.2 really

Changes :-
    There is now a choice between 2tpy or 4tpy in the single player menu (mod has been configured for 2tpy!)

No more perfect relations from trade agreements or the lets all ally syndrome as reported in threads. AI have been given some additional assistance

Added some unused strat models from vanilla M2 inc muslim assassins & good ol blue
    + My little mod by riczu74
    some new ones also, check out the viking longboats.

A kind of winter attrition has been added (during the winter turn - the human generals will suffer -30% from movement and a slight unit moral loss!

dearmads "heir_orb" has been activated and the "change/pick your next heir" should work (in theory! ive not fully tested)

Halberdiers unit icons should now be showing for all factions.

Some slight map changes! (fleets should not appear in lakes) bridge added to Ireland, and you can now walk straight across the african & eastern deserts

please report any errors/bugs etc in the ***********BUG REPORTS & INSTALLATION PROBLEMS | POST HERE!!!*********** thread

You can download Here

2.4.3 Patch A: Released 26/08/12
    changes:
    Small unit sizes on the 4tpy Campaign problem fixed (4tpy option now directs to custom campaign menu)
    Generals/Captains Silver skins corrected
    Generals will now auto upgrade bodyguard (marian reforms)
    Fixed character positions (Sicily & Venice Generals)
    Given Durazzo to Byzantium
    Given settlements to Turks (Caesarea & Adana)
    Removed Push/Punch animations

Download 2.4.3 Patch_A HERE and extract "the_long_road" folder to the Medieval II Total War folder - Overwriting all
    Battle CTD fix required after patch A Here

STEAM USERS UPDATE :- Steam users with the kingdoms DLC will require the files here
    to start the mod with steam, you will need to set launch option as follows @The_Long_Road\The_Long_Road.cfg
    or --features.mod=The_Long_Road

** please note that setting the launch options to --features.mod=The_Long_Road will use the default medieval2.preference.cfg and not The_Long_Road.cfg

To set the launch options, goto medieval 2 in your steam library, right click and select properties. On the generals tab you will see "set launch options" click on this and add @The_Long_Road\The_Long_Road.cfg

Those without the steam version of Kingdoms will need to change The_Long_Road.bat file to point to the kingdoms.exe

Installation (not required for steam version) :
    Once Installed I recommend running the "2.4.2_finalise.bat" file
    It will add TLR to the launcher/registry
    It will remove previous registry enteries if you already had the mod
    listed, and it will remove the now redundant .bat .cfg files if not already removed by the installer
    *** The "2.4.2_finalise.bat" file will delete the .reg files and itself once run!!! ***

** Extract patch A to your Medieval II Total War folder

Unistallation :
    First double click the "UNRegister TLR mod with launcher" ("UNRegister TLR mod with launcher 64-bit" (Vista/Win7 Users))
    to remove from the registry and Launcher!
    You can run the "Uninstall_The_Long_Road" but "The_Long_Road" folder and files may remain, so manual deletion may be required
    Last edited by Keogh; October 06, 2014 at 03:29 PM. Reason: steam upgrade added
    RESISTITE USQUE AD SANQUINEM

Big Dogg's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: *NEW RELEASE* 2.4.3 (Full Download)

Nice job keogh

edit: ph poppycock, you edited the main download thread before me!

Thanks Keogh,
    now playing 2.4.3 and loving it, I particularly like the way this mod makes me slow down and get to know the characters better, making the game an (even) more immersive experience.

Thank you to all who have worked on 'the long road'.

Default hello

hello, this mod is awesome, but a have a issue.
    when play the campaing in 4 turn for year, the scale of my unit is small, but my in options a set it in huge, and the preference.cfg (mtw2 cfg and TLW cfg) have the line unit_size = huge.
    BUT in the campaing 2 turn for year everything is fine.

can you see what go wrong

hmmm the only thing that i can think of is that its due to using the norman_campaign (the tutorial) i didnt think that one through huh

Maybe the easier fix for now is to move it to a custom campaign. Im going to upload a patch later and will fix or add a workaround

I ran into the same issue as karnaza_black when trying to play the 4tpy option.

After digging around in the files for a time I found a simple solution. To work around this I simply moved the campaign_script and desc_strat files from the "norman_camp" directory into the "imperial_camp" directory. Then when launching the game I choose the 2tpy option but it runs as 4tpy.

For me its a simple fix until patched.

Awesome job everyone who has ever worked on this mod, I really enjoy the additions and tweaks made to it, and the latest version is as great as the previous ones. The ability to choose my faction heir now is a real seller. No more having to kill off family members that may or may not be good characters just so I can have the "right" person become King.

Default Re: *NEW RELEASE* 2.4.3 (Full Download) + Patch added 26/8/12

Thanks for all the support!!! and glad your all enjoying the mod

Updated 1st post with Patch A

I intend on making more changes so keep your eyes open for further updates/patches - please, do continue to report any bugs/errors

Big Dogg's Avatar Semisalis

Nice work, I'll have to have a little play round now I'm back from my perambulations abroad

small problem with the number of merchants created in campaign! (spamming ) see below link for quick fix - *this will limit the number of merchants available through the market chain

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...6#post11954976

How do I get this to work with steam?

Irishmafia2020's Avatar Senator

Wow! I remember that this was the original mod I got into back in 2007! I'm glad that TLR still lives, and I am saddened to see the original modders drift away - but proud that this mod's quality has been recognized by a new generation of players. Seriously, this mod was competeing to be the best when MTW2 came out, and I personally thought that it was! When Tornight and Acegogo left and became inactive in the forums, I figured this mod was dead... congratulations on the new patch! This mod is still alive! That is awesome! Good luck with this mod...

nice mod and all, thanks for spending the time. There is one thing that annoys me greatly though. Ive downloaded the 2.4.3 setup dozens of times, but apperently it contains 2.4.2!!
    I am looking for "2.4.3_finalise.bat", but I can only find e "2.4.2_finalise.bat".

No previous versions, even tried installing to desktop just to check the files, downloaded "The_Long_Road_2_4_3.exe" several times now.

just played this mod and I gotta say it wasn't much fun. I know you guys work hard on this and i love modders cuz vanilla got old quick, so plz just take this as constructive criticism.

The eras thing sounds good but in practice it just means that the only troops available early are crap except bodyguards which are insanely OP, all I would have to do is keep charging every unit in the enemy army and I could kill a full stack with a couple of bodyguards, not even spearmen are capable of standing up to the souped up charges (general's body guards can obliterate them with a frontal charge without taking any casualties) this coupled with the massive movement points means one can take one settlement per turn (two if no walls) in the early game but the battles are uninspiring because of the lack of challenge.

The movement points are also too high in my opinion, it takes away any need for considering where and how to move because you have so many points that the next settlement is always one turn away even if you have to go around obstacles, to me i might as well type `move_character x,y`.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1Ac...JJRzJXaDg/edit

Thats what i get .I cant down anything there ,anyone help ?

75Antons's Avatar Foederatus

This is fine, click on Herunterladen (download)

Then it tells you

Leider können wir diese Datei nicht auf Viren scannen. Die Datei übersteigt die von uns gescannte Höchstgröße (Unfortunately we can not scan this file for viruses. The file exceeds the maximum size scanned by us)

Click on Trotzdem herunterladen (still download)

Bingo!!

Well, mt google page comes out in German, but I live in Germany, so perhaps that is why

I too agree with some of the sentiment by Larrythexii, armies move far too far.. here is an interesting article to have a look at

http://www.hyw.com/books/history/Logistic.htm

Maybe adding a logistics trait line/tree would be useful (and advantageous to foster). Ofc diplomats and such are not as limited in their movements and can employ a succession of fast horses to carry messages back and forth (again a trait that could be increased).. Things to look at I guess

Stripped out my install and went for a clean re-install, all good so far. Play test on Milan for 12 turns, by turn 10 the Pope had taken Spoleto and Naples and now on turn 12 3 full Papal armies erupted from the south to take on the Byzantines by land by going over Venice... sigh.. with them came 5 merchants.. double sigh

I too got the half armies when attempting the 4tpy option, so didn't play it.

Troops in cities make no change to the population's happiness and I have had to wipe out Marseille 3 times so far (let it go barbarian) and still the 200odd people that are left are not happy and will rebel, strange one that. The population is currently outnumbered 5-1 by my soldiers and my troops still cannot maintain any control of them!

When I start my Scotland campaign all of the icons at the bottom of the screen are blank. The graphics are otherwise fine, although the main menu when I press ESC is also white. Essentially I can´t play as I can´t access my units etc. I tried running the 2.4.3_finalise.bat file but the download only contained the 2.4.2_finalise.bat file. Any help? What am I missing here?

Quote Originally Posted by Keogh View Post
    Full Download (no previous versions required) - a small update from 2.4.2 really

Changes :-
    There is now a choice between 2tpy or 4tpy in the single player menu (mod has been configured for 2tpy!)

No more perfect relations from trade agreements or the lets all ally syndrome as reported n threads. AI have been given some additional assistance

Added some unused strat models from vanilla M2 inc muslim assassins & good ol blue
    + My little mod by riczu74
    some new ones also, check out the viking longboats.

A kind of winter attrition has been added (during the winter turn - the human generals will suffer -30% from movement and a slight unit moral loss!

dearmads "heir_orb" has been activated and the "change/pick your next heir" should work (in theory! ive not fully tested)

Halberdiers unit icons should now be showing for all factions.

Some slight map changes! (fleets should not appear in lakes) bridge added to Ireland, and you can now walk straight across the african & eastern deserts

please report any errors/bugs etc in the ***********BUG REPORTS & INSTALLATION PROBLEMS | POST HERE!!!*********** thread

You can download Here Il upload to other locations soon!

2.4.3 Patch A: Released 26/08/12
    changes:
    Small unit sizes on the 4tpy Campaign problem fixed (4tpy option now directs to custom campaign menu)
    Generals/Captains Silver skins corrected
    Generals will now auto upgrade bodyguard (marian reforms)
    Fixed character positions (Sicily & Venice Generals)
    Given Durazzo to Byzantium
    Given settlements to Turks (Caesarea & Adana)
    Removed Push/Punch animations

Download 2.4.3 Patch_A HERE and extract "the_long_road" folder to the Medieval II Total War folder - Overwriting all

Installation :
    Once Installed I recommend running the "2.4.3_finalise.bat" file
    It will add TLR to the launcher/registry (maybe required if you own the game on Steam),
    It will remove previous registry enteries if you already had the mod
    listed, and it will remove the now redundant .bat .cfg files if not already removed by the installer
    *** The "2.4.3_finalise.bat" file will delete the .reg files and itself once run!!! ***

** Extract patch A to your Medieval II Total War folder

Unistallation :
    First double click the "UNRegister TLR mod with launcher" ("UNRegister TLR mod with launcher 64-bit" (Vista/Win7 Users))
    to remove from the registry and Launcher!
    You can run the "Uninstall_The_Long_Road" but "The_Long_Road" folder and files may remain, so manual deletion may be required

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast