Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Tenka Fubu

Default Re: The Tenka Fubu Campaign - New Version (1.0.3) Released!

Wow I love the Otomo leader's look

problem with the honganji castle pic
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    It's nice being able to play the honganji at a higher difficulty level.

Quote Originally Posted by wealthmonger View Post
    problem with the honganji castle pic
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    [...]
    Whoops
    Thanks for pointing that out

~ Click the image above to check out my mods ~
    Under the patronage of
    PikeStance

Lovely! Right when I started to feel bored with my current Otomo campaign, unmodded game is always boring

Btw the replaced Otomo clan in your mod still have long research times for their church tech but since I turned on Radius mod, I guess I have to report this to Radius board instead.

So here is a weird bug I have come across. When playing as any of the extra clans, i.e the ones in the tutorial campaign; It says you are the Baba clan. The daimyo is King George III and they start in I think North Shino (what ever is the top Takeda clan province. But your camera starts at the top of the map by Korea and none of the map is uncovered not even over their province. You can go into diplomacy just fine (that's how I knew the province and daimyo stuff.) and the skill and tax tabs. But when you end your turn nothing happens and when you go to the clan tab with the family tree and stuff the game crashes.

Here is a pic of what the diplomacy looks like if you want.
    steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=112429160

I checked and I don't have any other mods installed. So its not a conflict.

Nice update! When I started an Otomo campaign I noticed that I have a single fleet of at the start of the campaign. The problem is that the ship isn't usable because it's stuck in the FOW until you recruit another ship, then sail it to the location of the first fleet. Not game breaking but kind of annoying.
    Rome > Darthmod Med2:K > SS6.4, Rule_Brittania, Broken Crescent Empire > Empire Realism Napoleon > Darthmod Shogun 2 > True Samurai, [WIP] Mettle Blades and Skills

Tired of changing steam Launcher options for Med 2/Kingdoms mods? use Kingdoms App Launcher

Funniest Thread in Rome 2 history: The new "you got the sandals wrong" thread.

I remember a old mod that allowed you to play as all the clans in tutorial mode it it had this same deal, (besides the king george III part) have you tried opening your army tap and clicking to move your camera to your general and try moving him? This would solve the dilemma in the other mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixthdaemonfox View Post
    So here is a weird bug I have come across. When playing as any of the extra clans, i.e the ones in the tutorial campaign; It says you are the Baba clan. The daimyo is King George III and they start in I think North Shino (what ever is the top Takeda clan province. But your camera starts at the top of the map by Korea and none of the map is uncovered not even over their province. You can go into diplomacy just fine (that's how I knew the province and daimyo stuff.) and the skill and tax tabs. But when you end your turn nothing happens and when you go to the clan tab with the family tree and stuff the game crashes.

Here is a pic of what the diplomacy looks like if you want.
    steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=112429160

I checked and I don't have any other mods installed. So its not a conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by Castiel View Post
    Btw the replaced Otomo clan in your mod still have long research times for their church tech but since I turned on Radius mod, I guess I have to report this to Radius board instead.
    This is probably due to the Tenka Fubu Campaign itself. Version 1.0.3 is just a quick patch for comparability with the Otomo DLC, I haven't gotten around to reworking units and buildings yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorhaax View Post
    Nice update! When I started an Otomo campaign I noticed that I have a single fleet of at the start of the campaign. The problem is that the ship isn't usable because it's stuck in the FOW until you recruit another ship, then sail it to the location of the first fleet. Not game breaking but kind of annoying.
    Thanks for pointing that out. I'll be working on quite a bit of FOW stuff for the next version.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixthdaemonfox View Post
    Now that is extremely odd. I don't even know what to say to that
    Extra Campaigns worked fine for me... I'll have a look into the coding a bit more, thanks for pointing it out.

Under the patronage of
    PikeStance

Oy vey....I feel like a complete retard. So its not a bug. After checking to see if the normal tutorial campaign worked and it didn't, I started searching through the data folder and found a .pack file named after a clan. But not the Baba clan. So anyway I deleted that and checked the tutorial again and it worked. So then I loaded up Tenka Fubu and the extra clans worked again. Still don't know where that .pack file came from though never downloaded such a mod. But yea..... I'm really sorry for wasting your time trying to fix a nonexistent bug...

Crazyeyesreaper's Avatar Primicerius
    Citizen

interesting mod but suffers the same issues the base game has, overpowered archers and worthless teppo, just spam archer units = win

new clans but not a new experience, will be waiting to see how this develops.

Sekigahara seems to have unit balance almost right but its not quite there yet, this mod does a few things right namely unit numbers per tier and selection.
    Last edited by Crazyeyesreaper; December 11, 2012 at 12:16 AM.
    CPU: i7 3770K 4.6GHz / i7 4930K 4.4 GHz / i7 4770K 4.6 GHz
    CPU HSF: Thermaltake Water 2.0 Pro / Review Samples / Review Samples
    MOBO: Biostar TZ77XE4 / ASRock X79 Fatal1ty Champion / MSI Z87 GD65 Gaming
    RAM: Mushkin Redlines 2x4GB 1866 MHz / 4x4GB Gskill 2133 MHz / 2x4GB Kingston 2400 MHz
    GPU: Integrated / GTX 780 / HD 5450 Passive
    PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower Grand 1050w 80+ GOLD / NZXT Hale82 650w Modular / same
    CASE: Nanoxia DS1 / Nanoxia DS1 / Lian Li Test Bench
    HDD: 160 HDD / 512GB SSD + 120GB SSD + 5.5TB HDD / 60gb SSD

VENNONETES's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyeyesreaper View Post
    interesting mod but suffers the same issues the base game has, overpowered archers and worthless teppo, just spam archer units = win

new clans but not a new experience, will be waiting to see how this develops.

Sekigahara seems to have unit balance almost right but its not quite there yet, this mod does a few things right namely unit numbers per tier and selection.
    Well, think a little bit:
    1 tf is just at the 3rd version ^^
    2 seki has a bigger mod team

Won the POTW Gold medal at 15 years, 7 months, and 198 days on 25/12/2013 ^_^

Proudly one of the 5 who won the POTW silver medal! (won it at 14 years, 10 months and 24 days on 31/03/2013 at 03.03 PM GMT +1)

OLD SIG

Crazyeyesreaper's Avatar Primicerius
    Citizen

which is why i said both do things wrong and right,

Seki has better archer teppo balance vs typical units,

however Tenka Fubu does WAY better with unit numbers, namely certain units are utterly worthless

Seki example samurai units are like 60-90 men while ashigaru are 160-200 its just stupid, Tenka Fubu did it right with 100 = elite 160 = samurai 200 = ashigaru or something similar cant remember htem off the top of my head, anyway it made the top tier units WORTH using and paying the upkeep for,

thus why i said ill wait and see it certainly has a good start just needs some refinement. also gameplay seems a bit to fast to me in terms of tech and unit spam, seems Hojo every game within 2-3 years has 7-9 territories certain clans seem to always prevail and take giant swaths of land with 10-12 full stack armies. gameplay pace needs a bit of refinement in order to better balance it as right now being a cautious turtling player = death on higher difficulty have to just spam ashigaru take a huge swath of land and build nothing but troops at least in my gameplay experiences at very hard - legendary, also seems the AI will refuse to engage an army on a bridge even if they have me outnumbers with 3 stacks to my 1 they just tend to sit there dumbfounded now probably an AI issue but on easier difficulty settings they will attack if they have the superior local force.
    CPU: i7 3770K 4.6GHz / i7 4930K 4.4 GHz / i7 4770K 4.6 GHz
    CPU HSF: Thermaltake Water 2.0 Pro / Review Samples / Review Samples
    MOBO: Biostar TZ77XE4 / ASRock X79 Fatal1ty Champion / MSI Z87 GD65 Gaming
    RAM: Mushkin Redlines 2x4GB 1866 MHz / 4x4GB Gskill 2133 MHz / 2x4GB Kingston 2400 MHz
    GPU: Integrated / GTX 780 / HD 5450 Passive
    PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower Grand 1050w 80+ GOLD / NZXT Hale82 650w Modular / same
    CASE: Nanoxia DS1 / Nanoxia DS1 / Lian Li Test Bench
    HDD: 160 HDD / 512GB SSD + 120GB SSD + 5.5TB HDD / 60gb SSD

VENNONETES's Avatar Vicarius

Well, how many samurai were in japan? And how many ashigarus? ^^ Obvisouly samurais were the élite ^^ but they were a few

Won the POTW Gold medal at 15 years, 7 months, and 198 days on 25/12/2013 ^_^

Proudly one of the 5 who won the POTW silver medal! (won it at 14 years, 10 months and 24 days on 31/03/2013 at 03.03 PM GMT +1)

OLD SIG

Default Re: The Tenka Fubu Campaign - Version 1.0.3

Hi guys.

Just a quick update on what I've been working on for the Tenka Fubu Campaign, so that you don't think I've abandoned it for the Taiheiki Campaign. Firstly, a few bugs have been fixed. Namely the Honganji Daimyo Portrait and Unit Card, as well as the images for Osaka and Azuchi Castles. Thanks to Crazyeyesreaper, I've been adjusting the stats for projectiles, to try and make matchlock and artillery units more powerful and useful on the battlefield. Archers have also been weakened slightly. Finally, I've been thinking of changing the colours for some clans. For instance, I'm thinking of giving the Date a white mon on blue background, similar to what can be seen in the "Dokuganryu Masamune" drama. I'm also considering some slight changes to the Daimyo models to make them better. New faces or something...
    Last edited by Hayabusa Sushi; December 27, 2012 at 12:06 AM.

Under the patronage of
    PikeStance

Silius Saurus's Avatar Biarchus

I can't get it to run!! I installed it as you directed, but shogun insists upon running the vanilla campaign. Mod manager pops up, and I'm in vanilla.

Any suggestions? I'm going to try deleting the modmanager and see if that helps.
    Last edited by Silius Saurus; December 26, 2012 at 10:22 PM.
    "If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it properly". -- Nick Lappos

Erwin Rommel's Avatar EYE-PATCH FETISH

Quote Originally Posted by Hayabusa Sushi View Post
    Hi guys.

Just a quick update on what I've been working on for the Tenka Fubu Campaign, so that you don't think I've abandoned it for the Taiheiki Campaign. Firstly, a few bugs have been fixed. Namely the Honganji Daimyo Portrait and Unit Card, as well as the images for Osaka and Azuchi Castles. Thanks to Crazyeyesreaper, I've been adjusting the stats for projectiles, to try and make matchlock and artillery units more powerful and useful on the battlefield. Archers have also been weakened slightly. Finally, I've been thinking of changing the colours for some clans. For instance, I'm thinking of giving the Date a white mon on blue background, similar to what can be seen in the Dokuganryu Masamune drama. I'm also considering some slight changes to the Daimyo models to make them better. New faces or something...
    with beards. Lots of facial hair. Except for the Dokuganryu.

(Its clickable by the way....An S2 overhaul mod.)

Seriously. Click it. Its the only overhaul mod that's overhauling enough to bring out NEW clans
    Masaie. Retainer of Akaie|AntonIII

Silius Saurus's Avatar Biarchus

If I may make a suggestion....

Change the unit names to their proper Japanese ones. i.e. Matchlock Ashigaru to Teppo Ashigaru, Bow Samurai to Yumi Samurai, and so on.

One other suggestion- could unit limits be imposed based upon the #'s of the actual dojos the clan has? i.e. if a clan has built two stables, then their unit limit is, say, two light cavalry units per dojo, and they could field four. Kick the unit limit higher per castle/dojo for Ashigaru and you have a more realistic army composition, meaning more ashigaru.
    Last edited by Silius Saurus; January 01, 2013 at 04:59 PM.
    "If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it properly". -- Nick Lappos

awesome mod. i almost cry when i saw kanetsugu's helmet . cheers mate

Quote Originally Posted by Silius Saurus View Post
    If I may make a suggestion....

Change the unit names to their proper Japanese ones. i.e. Matchlock Ashigaru to Teppo Ashigaru, Bow Samurai to Yumi Samurai, and so on.

One other suggestion- could unit limits be imposed based upon the #'s of the actual dojos the clan has? i.e. if a clan has built two stables, then their unit limit is, say, two light cavalry units per dojo, and they could field four. Kick the unit limit higher per castle/dojo for Ashigaru and you have a more realistic army composition, meaning more ashigaru.
    1. Yes, that's a good idea. I'll add that to the options for a later version.
    2. I'm not too sure where to start in doing that, but I'll try to look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by vnth View Post
    awesome mod. i almost cry when i saw kanetsugu's helmet . cheers mate
    No problem, glad you like it

Also, if you've been following the Teiheiki Campaign you may have noticed that I've added unique bonuses and effects to the clans in it. I plan on doing the exact same thing for Tenka Fubu, a unique bonus for each clan. (improved tax income, more recruitment per turn, more movement per turn, better samurai units, etc.)
    I know that there was a brief discussion here about what each clan's effect should be before, but I'm stating another one.

So, what effect do you think suits the following clans so that they each play differently?:
    • Hashiba
    • Shimazu
    • Akechi
    • Ukita
    • Date
    • Oda
    • Takeda
    • Tokugawa
    • Uesugi
    • Shibata
    • Honganji
    • Otomo
    Last edited by Hayabusa Sushi; January 09, 2013 at 10:46 PM.

Under the patronage of
    PikeStance