Thread: Location/Name Stratmap Corrections

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

Default Location/Name Stratmap Corrections

Overall the stratmap is pretty good, with most important locations represented. However I have found a few errors, such as spelling, location, and renames, and have put them here for Gigantus.

1) Ji Ying moved north and renamed to Dong Jun
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Dong Jun was the capital of Yan province and was the stronghold of Cao Cao for many years after he expanded from Chen Liu, was also where Lu Bu and Chen Gong took headquarters after they took Yan from Cao Cao.

2) Hu Lao Guan renamed to Si Shui Guan
    Although Hu Lao Guan was the site of an important battle in the novel, it was not at all fortified until the Tang dynasty nor was it the site of any historic battle during this era. Si Shui Guan, which is nearby to Hu Lao Guan, was the site of an important battle between Sun Jian of the coalition and Hua Xiong of Dong Zhuo's army.

3) REDACTED

4) Jian Ye renamed to Mo Ling
    Mo Ling was the name of the city in 194. It was not until much later, under the reign of Sun Quan, that the city was renamed to Jian Ye, so Mo Ling would be the correct name.

5) Jiang Xian moved east; addition of Hu Ling
    Jiang Xian was much further east than it is on the map, so it need to be moved east (RIGHT X).
    As that would create a big gap on the strat map, the city of Hu Ling (LEFT X) could be added for balance.

6) Xing Ye renamed to Xin Ye
    Incorrect spelling of Xin Ye

7) Hong Long renamed to Hong Nong
    Incorrect spelling of Hong Nong

8) Liang Zhou renamed to Wu Wei
    Liang Zhou is the provincial name, not the city. Wu Wei would be the correct name

9) Remove Yong An; Rename Zi Gui to Yong An; replace new Yong An info with old Yong An info
    Yong An, also known as Bai Di Cheng, was Liu Zhang's (and later Liu Bei's) eastern-most stronghold and was literally the gateway to Shu from Jing. It is in the incorrect position and needs to be moved east and replace Zi Gui (which will be removed)

10) Rename Liang Zhong to Ba Xi; Rename Yan Qu to Sui Ding; Rename Dian Jiang to Yan Qu; Remove Jiang Zhou; Rename Jiang Yang to Jiang Zhou (transfer old Jiang Zhou info to new Jiang Zhou); Move Jian Wei northwest
    There was a ton of issues with the Yizhou/Ba-Shu area, so I decided to do them all on one screenshot.
    Liang Zhong is incorrectly named. It should be Ba Xi, with Lang Zhong as an alternate name.
    Yan Qu is much to far north and occupies where Sui Ding was.
    Dian Jiang occupies where Dang Qu (Yang Qu) was located.
    Where Jiang Zhou currently is was not occupied by any significant settlement, so the settlement should be removed.
    Where Jiang Yang is at is actually where Jiang Zhou is supposed to be, so Jiang Yang should be renamed to Jiang Zhou.
    Jian Wei was much further to the northwest than it is on the map.

11) Rename Mo Yang to Lei Yang
    I've never even heard of Mo Yang, however it does occupy the position of the more important town of Lei Yang.

12) He Pei renamed to He Fei
    Incorrect spelling of He Fei.

13) Lu Jiang moved slightly North-Northwest
    Lu Jiang was not close to the Yangtze, its position should be a bit further away to the north-northwest.

14) HuKou Guan renamed to Gu Guan
    The pass that occupied this position was named Gu Guan.

15) Tai Yuan renamed to Jin Yang
    Tai Yuan is the modern day name, however the correct name for this era should be Jin Yang.

16) Fan Cheng moved slightly east across river; have SLAVE resource take Fan Cheng's current position; move settlement border slightly north-east and east
    Fan Cheng is currently on the south bank of the Han River, however it is supposed to be situated on the north bank slightly east of it's current location. Problem is, because of the slave resource and river crossing and settlement border, a simple move isn't possible. I'd say to move the slave resource (ORANGE) to the west on the other side of the river and have Fan Cheng (RED) occupy the spot indicated (just above river crossing), then slightly extend the settlements border (YELLOW) to the north-east and east.

17) Yun Nan, Jian Ning, and Zang Ke moved north; add Lake Kunming

Due to the location of the rivers, these cities were all out of place.
    Due to the cities being out of place, Lake Kunming was missing. The oblong shape between Yun Nan and Jian Ning is roughly where Lake Kunming should be located.

18) Zhu Ti and Yue Xi moved north
    Same as #19
    Last edited by Seether; October 02, 2012 at 01:19 AM.
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Location/Name Stratmap Corrections

Marvelous input! Changing the names is pretty easy, moving and\or adding new settlements isn't difficult either. I just had a request, can you indicate what level of development you think is appropriate for the new settlements? If you are not familiar with buildngs, then simply name an existing city that comes closest.

FYI, added more corrections in #19 and #20.

As far as the new settlements (I think I only suggested 2?), I would say that Bo Hai should be similar to Xiang Cheng, while Hu Ling should be similar to Jiang Xian except it should also have a Fishing Village on the Yangtze.

In addition to this, I would suggest dropping the wall levels of Nan Pi and Ping Yuan down one level (which also reduces their city size?). Nan Pi should have Brick Wall and Ping Yuan should have Wooden Wall.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

The wall levels are tied to the population size (pop can't exceed max number for wall level, see data\descr_settlement_mechanics), it would require adjusting those as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    The wall levels are tied to the population size (pop can't exceed max number for wall level, see data\descr_settlement_mechanics), it would require adjusting those as well.
    Figured that was the case. Nan Pi and Ping Yuan are too large, especially Nan Pi. I'd suggest changing the population of Nan Pi to 6200 (city w/ stone_wall) and Ping Yuan to 3800 (large_town w/ wooden_wall) in descr_strat.
    Last edited by Seether; August 18, 2012 at 11:02 PM.

i found this.
    Last edited by Gigantus; November 05, 2012 at 07:16 PM. Reason: added spoiler

Remove Jiang Zhou; Rename Jiang Yang to Jiang Zhou (transfer old Jiang Zhou info to new Jiang Zhou)
    Where Jiang Zhou currently is was not occupied by any significant settlement, so the settlement should be removed.
    Source please? Jiang Zhou is Ba Jun, it's quite famous in our country Why should we remove it?

Due to the location of the rivers, these cities were all out of place.
    Due to the cities being out of place, Lake Kunming was missing. The oblong shape between Yun Nan and Jian Ning is roughly where Lake Kunming should be located.
    The map show on the original mod is a crop map, Lake Kuming wasn't missing, it's south of Yunnam, it's just not being showed on the "crop map"

Quote Originally Posted by Minn View Post
    Source please? Jiang Zhou is Ba Jun, it's quite famous in our country Why should we remove it?
    Please reread that. I suggest renaming Jiangyang to Jiangzhou, then removing the former Jiangzhou entry.

The map show on the original mod is a crop map, Lake Kuming wasn't missing, it's south of Yunnam, it's just not being showed on the "crop map"
    Lake Kunming isn't missing because it is a "cropped map", it is missing because Zangke, Yunnan, and Jianning are too far south in the original mod. If those settlements are in their proper location, much further north, then Lake Kunming will need to be added.
    Last edited by Seether; October 31, 2012 at 04:38 PM.