Thread: Finding a copy

Default Finding a copy

Anyone know where to find a free Copy of Shogun and Medieval total war? I love Rome Total war I hear alot of people like the older games more. I got into the series kinda late and would like to see what the older games where like.

Ussaid the Hashshashin's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: Finding a copy

You have to buy it.
    The Face of Murder

"Have any of you ever felt your imagination going wild reading ancient lore?"

Shea O'Gorath's Avatar Primicerius

Its not freeware. Its not expensive either.

Shogun:Total War (Gold Edition)[£2.99]: http://tinyurl.com/cbvpqez
    Medieval: Total War ( Gold Edition)[£5.27]: http://tinyurl.com/cf77sdn

All in all its £8.26/$12.96/€10.50. Hardly going to break the bank.

I have returned

Thank you all I bought one from the UK hopefully it wont come with a British accent lol

It was little over $5 for me not including shipping little more then I would of liked for it

But still not that much money.

Hope you will have some fun with these games. The graphics suck and the controls are also somewhat unwieldy but the gameplay itself is quite good. When only knowing the newer games you will need some time getting used to it. But once you get into these games they offer some good features and gameplay-elements missing in the later games (and vica versa).
    This is also one of the bad things of the whole TW series, they have unique distinctive features in each game, but many do not make it to the following games of the series. On the other hand it makes the each title an unique experience.
    Last edited by Xerrop; August 17, 2012 at 03:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xerrop View Post
    But still not that much money.

Hope you will have some fun with these games. The graphics suck and the controls are also somewhat unwieldy but the gameplay itself is quite good. When only knowing the newer games you will need some time getting used to it. But once you get into these games they offer some good features and gameplay-elements missing in the later games (and vica versa).
    This is also one of the bad things of the whole TW series, they have unique distinctive features in each game, but many do not make it to the following games of the series. On the other hand it makes the each title an unique experience.
    This is what concerns me about Rome 2. I love the first one! I love playing as Carthage Greeks and the Germanic hordes and fighting Rome. This new game seems to focus ALOT more on Rome and I hope other factions arnt neglected. However I am thoroughly excited for the navel battles.

Im defiantly excited for Shogun Total war. That is my friends favorite. In some ways he likes it more then shogun 2. What gets him is climbing up the sides of castle walls which you couldnt do in the first. Sounds like sieges are going to be much harder. He also really misses his kensai lol

Well actually Sieges are really dull and simple in Shogun1. Not much different from normal field-battles only with a bottleneck maybe favoring the defender a bit. You will see it, when the game arrives. Only in Medieval1 they are realistic fights over a fortress.

Shogun1:TW is very basic in some aspects as it lacks many features of following games. But it has, amongst other interesting things, superb cinematic features. Like the ingame videos (mostly assassinations) and the Throneroom. Two good features that Medieval1 and Rome lacked. While the first ones were reintroduced with Medieval2, the second did not make any return to this day sadly.

p.s. what TW games have you played so far?
    Only Rome or some of the newer ones also?