Page 7 of 175 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516173257107 ... LastLast

Thread: The Star Trek Thread

Default Re: The Star Trek Thread

Was it a latinum-plated bucket for him to sleep in?
    Cluny the Scourge's online Rome: Total War voice-commentated battle videos can be found here: http://uk.youtube.com/profile?user=C...e1&view=videos - View on High Quality only.

Cluny will roast you on a spit in your own juice...

Lord Rahl's Avatar Behold the Beard
    Content Emeritus

Well, not exactly. A gold-plated latinum bucket. They always like their latinum gold-plated!

Patron of: Ó Cathasaigh, Major. Stupidity, Kscott, Major König, Nationalist_Cause, Kleos, Rush Limbaugh, General_Curtis_LeMay, and NIKO_TWOW.RU | Patronized by: MadBurgerMaker
    Opifex, Civitate, ex-CdeC, Ex-Urbanis Legio, Ex-Quaestor, Ex-Helios Editor, Sig God, Skin Creator & Badge Forger
    I may be back... | @BeardedRiker

Solid latinum, except for the gold-pressing? That's one hell of a bucket. I have to admit, I'd be tempted to sleep in a bucket like that myself, if they could only make one large enough. And if latinum weren't a fictional material.
    Cluny the Scourge's online Rome: Total War voice-commentated battle videos can be found here: http://uk.youtube.com/profile?user=C...e1&view=videos - View on High Quality only.

krazykarl's Avatar Tech Monkey

If I recall correctly latinum is a liquid, thats why its gold plated, as you have to put it inside something...why not gold.
    -There is no Overkill
    -Apathy causes the least amount of conflict with stupid people

Check out my Guide to creating webpages
    Under the patronage of Incinerate_IV

Content Emeritus

Gentlemen,

http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Latinum

Latinum is a rare silver liquid used as currency by the Ferengi Alliance and many other worlds. It cannot be replicated. For ease of transaction, latinum is usually suspended within gold to produce "gold-pressed" latinum.
    So, it is liquid in its original form.

Patron of: Ó Cathasaigh, Major. Stupidity, Kscott, Major König, Nationalist_Cause, Kleos, Rush Limbaugh, General_Curtis_LeMay, and NIKO_TWOW.RU | Patronized by: MadBurgerMaker
    Opifex, Civitate, ex-CdeC, Ex-Urbanis Legio, Ex-Quaestor, Ex-Helios Editor, Sig God, Skin Creator & Badge Forger

I know that there is going to be an online recreation of star trek that is being made right now, I don't think it will be out though for a very long time.

Content Emeritus

It sounds like a cool idea. I just don't know how they can make such a complex universe into an online game.

In other news, the remastered TOS episodes will be coming out on DVD/HD-DVD at the end of the year, supposedly.

Rhah's Avatar S'eer of Fnords

Chances are that they wont be showing them anytime soon on British TV (except maybe SKY, but i refuse to contribute money to that scumbag Murdoch) so I might have to invest in the DVD's.

Back to the random Star Trek questions....

Name 2 actresses that have had roles in both TOS and TNG.
    "Moral indignation is jealousy with a Halo" - H.G. Wells.

Sig crafted by Bulgaroctonus, Member of S.I.N., Proud Spurs fan
    Son of Valus, Brother to Mimirswell and Proximus
    Patron of Shaun, Eventhorizen, Beowulf47
    and Rob_the_celt

Majel Barrett - that's an easy one - I haven't a clue who the other might be.

Content Emeritus

I've got the same problem. Give me sometime.

Warmaster's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Rhah View Post
    Chances are that they wont be showing them anytime soon on British TV (except maybe SKY, but i refuse to contribute money to that scumbag Murdoch) so I might have to invest in the DVD's.

Back to the random Star Trek questions....

Name 2 actresses that have had roles in both TOS and TNG.
    Majel Barrett and Diana Muldaur. The spelling on both of those might be wrong.

EDIT: For those of you who dont know, Muldaur played Doctor Pulaski in TNG and also played 2 different characters in the TOS episodes Is There in Truth No Beauty?, and Return to Tomorrow.

EDIT #2: I'll assume i'm right with my answer, so i'll put out my question now:

What was the first episode made that had a reference to the borg. HINT: It did not actually contain them, and was NOT 'Q Who?'.
    Last edited by Warmaster; January 29, 2007 at 10:44 PM.

Rhah's Avatar S'eer of Fnords

Quote Originally Posted by Warmaster View Post
    Majel Barrett and Diana Muldaur. The spelling on both of those might be wrong.

EDIT: For those of you who dont know, Muldaur played Doctor Pulaski in TNG and also played 2 different characters in the TOS episodes Is There in Truth No Beauty?, and Return to Tomorrow.

EDIT #2: I'll assume i'm right with my answer, so i'll put out my question now:

What was the first episode made that had a reference to the borg. HINT: It did not actually contain them, and was NOT 'Q Who?'.

You are spot on with your answer.

And the answer to your question is, I think, is "The neutral zone". The episode where Enterprise responds to a distress call from some outposts near the Neutral zone, and picks up some annoying 20th century humans on the way.

I'll let someone else ask the next question...
    "Moral indignation is jealousy with a Halo" - H.G. Wells.

Sig crafted by Bulgaroctonus, Member of S.I.N., Proud Spurs fan
    Son of Valus, Brother to Mimirswell and Proximus
    Patron of Shaun, Eventhorizen, Beowulf47
    and Rob_the_celt

Content Emeritus

You nerds!

This one is easy, I think. Why does Q give Riker the powers of the Q? What was the overall reason for that episode?

Warmaster's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Rhah View Post
    And the answer to your question is, I think, is "The neutral zone". The episode where Enterprise responds to a distress call from some outposts near the Neutral zone, and picks up some annoying 20th century humans on the way.
    Correct

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Rahl View Post
    You nerds!

This one is easy, I think. Why does Q give Riker the powers of the Q? What was the overall reason for that episode?
    I saw Hide and Q the other day, but im not too sure exactly what answer you're looking for here. So i'll bow out and let someone else answer this one.

Absurdly and unbelievably, Q did it because he wanted a human to bring to the Continuum humanity's unique qualities of inquisitiveness, ceaseless curiosity to explore the unknown, and unlimited potential for advancement.

Talk about ego-stroking. Those episodes from Season 1 where Roddenberry was still in charge are ludicrous. Hey, we humans, we're so special that immortal demi-gods want to be like us.

And just as ludicrously, Riker ABANDONED these powers. Everything that man has every yearned for in his wildest fantasies - immortality, unlimited power, understanding of the deepest esoteric mysteries of the universe - and this joker actually gives it up for some half-baked pseudo-philosophy jabbered by his envious captain.

Content Emeritus

CORRECT! It was weird that Riker seemed to enjoy his Q powers but at the same time didn't want them. It was an interesting plot but I think the writers got in over their heads. I mean, Picard would really be nothing without his strapping, confident, and aggressive second in command sitting next to him!

Content Emeritus

Icon2 Re: The Star Trek Thread

Content Emeritus

Icon2 Re: The Star Trek Thread

Some interesting quizzes. I suck on the first one though! I've always told people I'm not a Trekkie, I'm just a big fan. It was the DS9, Voyager, and especially the ENT questions that got me.

Your Score Summary: 587

Listed as 10 times your percentage correct.

Random luck gets you this far. You are an Ensign, a lowly Ensign.

You're a Cardassian! Intelligent and devious, you're a bit of an enigma to those around you and scientific to the core.

http://www.quizilla.com/users/RikaCM...0Are%20You%3F/

Ah...Cardassians are pretty cool.

You are
    Star Trek V: The Final Frontier

You suck...really suck.
    What the hell were you thinking?
    Everybody hates you.

http://www.quizilla.com/users/BarqMu...0are%20you%3F/

I never liked that one very much.

You scored as a puzzle solver, which makes you most like Spock! You love analyzing and coming up with theories. Names and terminology don't mean as much to you as HOW and WHY things work. You love to ponder.

http://www.quizilla.com/users/conduc...ng%20style%3F/

Yeah! Spock!

You are highly diplomatic and well-respected. You are rational but can get down and dirty if you need to. You are a true hero!

http://www.youthink.com/quiz.asp?act...e&quiz_id=1042

No! I want to be Riker! Picard is too diplomatic!

Have fun with them!

Heh heh, heh heh, - looks like I'm better than you at the only thing that really matters to you in life, Rahl. Heh heh heh.

Your Score Summary

Listed as 10 times your percentage correct.

Lieutenant Commander. Great work, but some room for improvement. Read up on your Star Trek.
    Last edited by Cluny the Scourge; March 05, 2007 at 11:48 AM.

Yeah, cool thread.

I don't like much Star Trek (perhaps because it isn't just my generation). All the episodes I watched seemed so old, uninspiring stuff... I think the Star Wars Saga is way much better...
    But, Star Wars is inspired in Star Trek, ain't it? Correct me if I'm wrong.
    emptyemptyemptyemptyemptyemptyemptyemptyemptyemptyemptyemptyemptyemptyemptyempty
    or not?