Page 5 of 175 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055105 ... LastLast

Thread: The Star Trek Thread

Lord Rahl's Avatar Behold the Beard
    Content Emeritus

Default Re: The Star Trek Thread

Oh, was he the engineer ensign that got assimilated (or so is assumed) when he goes in the Jeffery's Tube (sp?)? Then that chick goes after him. Right?

Patron of: Ó Cathasaigh, Major. Stupidity, Kscott, Major König, Nationalist_Cause, Kleos, Rush Limbaugh, General_Curtis_LeMay, and NIKO_TWOW.RU | Patronized by: MadBurgerMaker
    Opifex, Civitate, ex-CdeC, Ex-Urbanis Legio, Ex-Quaestor, Ex-Helios Editor, Sig God, Skin Creator & Badge Forger
    I may be back... | @BeardedRiker

Rhah's Avatar S'eer of Fnords

Best sig ever. If I was American, I'd vote for that ticket even if they were Republican! (which they wouldn't be, obviously)
    Hmmm, I wonder who would win in a Picard/Riker vs Kirk/Spock election....

As for the question, is Paul the ensign that gets assimilated in engineering (thanks Rahl), Picard then machine guns the drone version to death in the holodeck, only to find out it was one of his own crew. (after picking through the gibs)
    "Moral indignation is jealousy with a Halo" - H.G. Wells.

Sig crafted by Bulgaroctonus, Member of S.I.N., Proud Spurs fan
    Son of Valus, Brother to Mimirswell and Proximus
    Patron of Shaun, Eventhorizen, Beowulf47
    and Rob_the_celt

Content Emeritus

Yeah!

I love that part. "I'm looking for Nicky the Nose".

Rhah, you should see the shirt I made with that. It pwns too much.

Here are some questions,

What song does Cochrane put on while him, Riker, and Geordi are in the Pheonix?

How many quantum torpedoes does Data fire at the Pheonix?

What does Data say when the torpedoes miss?

After Data says that, what does he do to destroy the borg (that plan had been devised earlier in the movie)?

Patron of: Ó Cathasaigh, Major. Stupidity, Kscott, Major König, Nationalist_Cause, Kleos, Rush Limbaugh, General_Curtis_LeMay, and NIKO_TWOW.RU | Patronized by: MadBurgerMaker
    Opifex, Civitate, ex-CdeC, Ex-Urbanis Legio, Ex-Quaestor, Ex-Helios Editor, Sig God, Skin Creator & Badge Forger

krazykarl's Avatar Tech Monkey

Steppen wolf -Magic Carpet ride

"resistance is futile"
    -There is no Overkill
    -Apathy causes the least amount of conflict with stupid people

Check out my Guide to creating webpages
    Under the patronage of Incinerate_IV

The answer to my question is correct. He was that engineer.
    From the pride and arrogance of the Romans nothing is sacred. But the vindictive gods are now at hand. On this spot we must either conquer, or die with glory (Boudiccas Speech, Tacitus, Annals, XIV, 35)

under Patronage of Emperor Dimitricus, Granddaughter of the Black Prince.

Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by krazykarl
    Steppen wolf -Magic Carpet ride

"resistance is futile"
    I could have sworn it was three. Let me think...

You got the others right though. Now all we need is the last answer. :hmmm:

Matt Damon: Kirk

discuss.

Lol.... when I saw that on imdb's entry for star trek XI i was thinking they wanted to kill star trek on purpose. Thank god its off now and its no longer a rumor.... unless Damon wont play kirk unless affleck can get the role of spock.

Content Emeritus

You mean this?

Early reports and media speculation

Star Trek XI is the working title of the planned eleventh entry in the Star Trek film series, based upon Gene Roddenberry's famous science fiction franchise. The film received extensive coverage in the entertainment press during 2005-2006. In April 2006, after several years of rumor and speculation, Paramount Pictures announced that the movie will be produced by Lost co-creators J. J. Abrams (who is being given the option to direct the film as well) and Damon Lindelof, while Bryan Burk, Roberto Orci, and Alex Kurtzman—all of whom worked with Abrams and Lindelof on Lost—will be executive producers. Orci and Kurtzman are writing the screenplay. The release date is expected to be in 2008; however, neither an official release date nor a title has been announced. ...

Production

On April 20, 2006, the Associated Press reported that the eleventh Star Trek movie was officially in production. Citing sources at Paramount Pictures, the AP claimed that the untitled new movie would be directed and produced by J. J. Abrams, best known as the creator and executive producer of Lost and as the producer/director of Mission: Impossible III. Most of this information was later confirmed by Paramount, with the exception that, while he has been offered the role of director, Abrams has not yet confirmed his acceptance of the position. (He has confirmed that he will produce.) Longtime Abrams collaborators Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman have since independently confirmed that they will be writing the movie, with fellow Abrams alumnus Damon Lindelof co-producing. Kurtzman, Orci, and the final member of Abrams' production company, Bryan Burk, are all executive producers. The film is expected to be released in 2008, based on multiple reports and the recently released promotional poster, although Paramount Pictures has (as of September 2006) yet to make an official release date announcement. ...

Cast

No roles have been confirmed for Star Trek XI, nor is there any credible information definitely pointing to any actor or actress in any part in the movie. There have been a number of rumors and some well-sourced speculation, however.

Much of this points to Matt Damon playing Captain James T. Kirk. The rumor was widely reported as true after Marc Malkin of The Insider Online reported that J. J. Abrams had contacted William Shatner to get the former Kirk's permission to recast Damon in his place. Shatner's approving comments to USA Today seemed to confirm these rumors. The official Star Trek website later denied that Shatner had been contacted in any way. Writer Tony Pascale of The Trek Movie Report has launched an investigation of the matter, with some success, reporting that both Malkin and StarTrek.com stand by their stories. He speculates that both may be true: "Shatner may be acquiescing to the cloak of secrecy that J.J. Abrams has imposed." ...

Storyline

Producer J. J. Abrams has stated repeatedly that "it is infinitely too early to be talking about the plot" of Star Trek XI. A number of sources, however, including Variety magazine, an interview with Abrams' childhood friend Greg Grunberg, and, most notably, a promotional poster released by Paramount and StarTrek.com, indicate a prequel movie, spotlighting James T. Kirk and Mr. Spock in their years before Kirk took command of the Starship Enterprise. Though the early report from Variety pointed to a story taking place at Starfleet Academy, with Kirk and Spock in their late teens or early twenties, Abrams specifically referred to those reports as being "premature" and "not entirely accurate." Abrams insists that, "We've made a pact not to discuss any specifics," though, so confirmed information is not forthcoming. ... On July 22, at the Comic-Con convention in San Diego, Paramount Pictures began circulating a Star Trek XI promotional poster, believed to have been designed by J. J. Abrams. It bears the gold and blue colors of command and science & medical uniforms, respectively, from Kirk's era, and a 2008 release date etched in the lower left-hand corner. Dominating the image is a Starfleet badge of Kirk's era; however, the exact meaning of this badge is unclear. The badge seen in the poster was originally the command emblem for the Enterprise of Kirk's era. At that time, all ships, star bases, and even colonies expressed their own sense of community by creating and wearing such emblems, and the familiar delta shield design belonged exclusively to the USS Enterprise. Beginning in Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, however, the symbol was adopted as the logo for all of Starfleet, and thereafter was used in marketing collateral as a universal symbol of the entire Star Trek franchise.

I think Matt Damon could play Kirk. I have no idea who would play Spock though. My granddad looked almost exactly like Mr. Nimoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Rahl
    I could have sworn it was three. Let me think...

You got the others right though. Now all we need is the last answer. :hmmm:

oops I didnt even see the 4th question, he rips the coolant line out, and floods engineering with toxic greenish gas, picard then has to climb up the snakey things to escape the flesh-melting coolant. the skin that was grafted onto data is now gone, the coolant is then evacuated and picard snaps the convulsing cyborg-leftover neckpiece of the queen.

I was not sure if it was 3 or 4, so I went with 4.
    -There is no Overkill

Yes...those poorly manufactured Borg implants really produce skin irritation. Especially when coming into contact with that green whatsoever. Just as krazykarl said! Who has the next question?
    From the pride and arrogance of the Romans nothing is sacred. But the vindictive gods are now at hand. On this spot we must either conquer, or die with glory (Boudiccas Speech, Tacitus, Annals, XIV, 35)

under Patronage of Emperor Dimitricus, Granddaughter of the Black Prince.

Content Emeritus

You got it!

He hits the coolant which they say destroys tissue so when the Borg Queen falls in it she just dissolves into only the skull and spine. That is also why Data has some of "his" human skin off and you can see his little lights.

I'm not sure if I've asked this before but,

What song does Commander Riker hear Data whistle in "Encounter at Farpoint"?

Matt Damon could be an okay young Kirk. Anyone here seen 'The Departed'? That was a surprisingly good movie, and he was good in it.
    Cluny the Scourge's online Rome: Total War voice-commentated battle videos can be found here: http://uk.youtube.com/profile?user=C...e1&view=videos - View on High Quality only.

Cluny will roast you on a spit in your own juice...

Rhah's Avatar S'eer of Fnords

Answer to Rahl's question is "If I only had a brain" from the Wizard of Oz (I think)

Matt Damon as Kirk could work, but Ben Affleck as Spock is really not a good idea..

On a somewhat related note, me and a mate had a really good idea for a website. He's in Iraq at the moment with the Signals, and one of the pictures he sent back was him pulling a "full Riker" on the bumper of an Iraqi police car.
    A "full Riker" is an act whereupon the person raises their knee and rests their foot on top of something, much like Riker was prone to doing on the edge of the two front consoles of the Enterprise bridge whenever a tense situation arose. (and especially when there was a woman sitting in the chair next to him).
    Anyway, we were in the pub when he was on leave, and I bet him a full weekend's drinking for free if he could send back a picture of him pulling a full Riker on either an Abrams tank, or an Apache helicopter (not sure how it could have worked with the Apache, but thats besides the point)

Anyway, the website idea was to encourage people to send pictures of them pulling "Full Rikers" in the most humourous, unexpected, or dangerous places. It really did sound like a good idea at the time, but now I think about it (without the aid of Beer), perhaps not...
    Last edited by Rhah; October 27, 2006 at 08:49 AM.
    "Moral indignation is jealousy with a Halo" - H.G. Wells.

Sig crafted by Bulgaroctonus, Member of S.I.N., Proud Spurs fan
    Son of Valus, Brother to Mimirswell and Proximus
    Patron of Shaun, Eventhorizen, Beowulf47
    and Rob_the_celt

Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Rhah
    Answer to Rahl's question is "If I only had a brain" from the Wizard of Oz (I think)
    That is incorrect, sir. Maybe someone else will be a bigger nerd and know?!

Matt Damon as Kirk could work, but Ben Affleck as Spock is really not a good idea..
    I agree. I don't know if anyone can play or SHOULD play Spock.

On a somewhat related note, me and a mate had a really good idea for a website. He's in Iraq at the moment with the Signals, and one of the pictures he sent back was him pulling a "full Riker" on the bumper of an Iraqi police car.
    A "full Riker" is an act whereupon the person raises their knee and rests their foot on top of something, much like Riker was prone to doing on the edge of the two front consoles of the Enterprise bridge whenever a tense situation arose. (and especially when there was a woman sitting in the chair next to him).
    Anyway, we were in the pub when he was on leave, and I bet him a full weekend's drinking for free if he could send back a picture of him pulling a full Riker on either an Abrams tank, or an Apache helicopter (not sure how it could have worked with the Apache, but thats besides the point)

Anyway, the website idea was to encourage people to send pictures of them pulling "Full Rikers" in the most humourous, unexpected, or dangerous places. It really did sound like a good idea at the time, but now I think about it (without the aid of Beer), perhaps not...
    Oh my God. I think that might be the greatest thing I've heard in awhile. If you get that website set up then PLEASE tell me or my life will be forfeit! PLEASE! I'll send as many pictures as I can send.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Rahl
    That is incorrect, sir. Maybe someone else will be a bigger nerd and know?!
    Blue skies!!! its rikers favorite song?

Content Emeritus

That is incorrect as well!

A sorta hint, it is a childish song. It could have something to do with a ferret...but not really.

according to my internet research, the song is "Pop Goes the Weasel"

Here is a question for you.. What is the major physical abnormallity of datas cat (hint, they didnt write this in on purpose, or aknowlege it at all really.)
    -There is no Overkill

I know that one - Spot has kittens, even though it's stated earlier to be male.
    Cluny the Scourge's online Rome: Total War voice-commentated battle videos can be found here: http://uk.youtube.com/profile?user=C...e1&view=videos - View on High Quality only.

Cluny will roast you on a spit in your own juice...

Correct. Somewhere between when he first got the cat, and the episode where everyone de-evolved spot had a sexchange.
    -There is no Overkill

here is another question for you guys: When was the only time an english curse word (one of the big 3) has been used in the history of startrek, to my knowlege there has only been one.
    -There is no Overkill