Page 3 of 175 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853103 ... LastLast

Thread: The Star Trek Thread

Lord Rahl's Avatar Behold the Beard
    Content Emeritus

Default Re: The Star Trek Thread

That is correct!

You now receive a medal,

Yours is the, Cochrane Medal of Excellence!

http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Coch..._of_Excellence

Next question,

What ship held, Khan Noonien Singh and his fellow super humans, until the Enterprise discovered it (bad idea).

Patron of: Ó Cathasaigh, Major. Stupidity, Kscott, Major König, Nationalist_Cause, Kleos, Rush Limbaugh, General_Curtis_LeMay, and NIKO_TWOW.RU | Patronized by: MadBurgerMaker
    Opifex, Civitate, ex-CdeC, Ex-Urbanis Legio, Ex-Quaestor, Ex-Helios Editor, Sig God, Skin Creator & Badge Forger
    I may be back... | @BeardedRiker

vizi's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by Gogoas
    2,005 !!!!(right?)
    The man is smart! Q that is! That is correct. Q is one of my favorite characters. Needless to say Riker's IQ is 2,006 but at least Q tried

The ship is Botany Bay methinks

Content Emeritus

What warp speed are starships not allowed to pass because if this speed is passed sub-space tears?

Patron of: Ó Cathasaigh, Major. Stupidity, Kscott, Major König, Nationalist_Cause, Kleos, Rush Limbaugh, General_Curtis_LeMay, and NIKO_TWOW.RU | Patronized by: MadBurgerMaker
    Opifex, Civitate, ex-CdeC, Ex-Urbanis Legio, Ex-Quaestor, Ex-Helios Editor, Sig God, Skin Creator & Badge Forger

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Rahl
    What warp speed are starships not allowed to pass because if this speed is passed sub-space tears?
    Warp 5! But can't the new designs let them go faster? (ie. Voyager?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Honor&Glory inspired by Archer
    How much will I pay to sit in front of a TV and chase polygons?

Content Emeritus

You ****ing nerd!

http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Hekaras_Corridor

Ok, this one should be impossible!

What did the Enterprise crew try to do with the, Ilia probe, in The Orignal Motion Picture to make her/it easier to communicate with, at least on a more human level?

That nerdy guy who was going to be Captain before Kirk pushed in, Decker or Deckard or whatever it was, he gave her a tour and tried to get her to play a game in the recreation room - and she looked at the piece for the game and puzzled over it for a second before saying 'This has no purpose' or some *****y crap like that). And Decker boffed her hard at the end, which certainly must have facilitated human-level communication.
    Cluny the Scourge's online Rome: Total War voice-commentated battle videos can be found here: http://uk.youtube.com/profile?user=C...e1&view=videos - View on High Quality only.

Cluny will roast you on a spit in your own juice...

Content Emeritus

I now deem Cluny the nerdiest of them all! Good one my friend! Now I must think of another one.

How does Dr. Crusher claim she knows Riker is bluffing?

That one is easy...I think...you mean that episode, I don't know its name in english, where the enterprise is in this time loop?
    If yes...she had the feeling riker was going to bluff due to the repeating effects of the loop (I think Dr. Crusher was first to really discover it, before data pulled his trick "Three" later...made her appear really smart. I wonder why Data didn't get it.)

Hope I am right?
    From the pride and arrogance of the Romans nothing is sacred. But the vindictive gods are now at hand. On this spot we must either conquer, or die with glory (Boudiccas Speech, Tacitus, Annals, XIV, 35)

under Patronage of Emperor Dimitricus, Granddaughter of the Black Prince.

Content Emeritus

You are right...to a point.

The episode, I believe, is called, "Cause and Effect". It is one of my favorites. Especially because you see everyone die within a minute in and you're all like, "wtf?!". Crazy!

Your answer, although right...is wrong. The answer I'm looking for occurs before the event which you described. I'll give you a hint. Riker says something along the lines of, How did you know I was bluffing? Crusher then asnwers by saying, Because you ______________ when you bluff. When Riker hears that he seems very surprised, exposed, and embarrassed and Crusher only smiles.

I know you can figure this out!

ehem...if I remember it right Dr. Crusher always said that she "felt" he was bluffing, even in the first point. She then added something about the way Cdr. Rikers eybrow was moving...and then smiled....I don't remember more. It has been a while since I last saw this episode. It is one of my favorite ones, just as it seems to be for you though it has a certain "repeating effect".

If I am wrong this time, the "All hands abandon ship" will have to suffice for me....I am going on a holiday to France tomorrow and wont have time for another attempt. I am sorry I just recognized the thread. I love Star Trek!!!
    From the pride and arrogance of the Romans nothing is sacred. But the vindictive gods are now at hand. On this spot we must either conquer, or die with glory (Boudiccas Speech, Tacitus, Annals, XIV, 35)

under Patronage of Emperor Dimitricus, Granddaughter of the Black Prince.

lol I didn't read much of this thread so forgive me if it was posted but i'm still laughing at this IMDB entry that has Matt Damon as Kirk in the next star trek movie.

I know they need a new movie or series soon to do well or else the "execs" will lose interest in the franchise completely though. I hope this isn't their choice even though I know Damon's name could sell movie tickets.
    Last edited by Amalith; October 12, 2006 at 04:22 PM.

Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Boudicca
    ehem...if I remember it right Dr. Crusher always said that she "felt" he was bluffing, even in the first point. She then added something about the way Cdr. Rikers eybrow was moving...and then smiled....I don't remember more. It has been a while since I last saw this episode. It is one of my favorite ones, just as it seems to be for you though it has a certain "repeating effect".

If I am wrong this time, the "All hands abandon ship" will have to suffice for me....I am going on a holiday to France tomorrow and wont have time for another attempt. I am sorry I just recognized the thread. I love Star Trek!!!
    If we still had rep I'd give you some! Crusher says that his left, I think, eyebrow raises when he is bluffing.

Next question,

What is this?

Gold pressed Latinum! a ferengis, uh favorite thing.

Rhah's Avatar S'eer of Fnords

Lord Rahl, is that clip in your avatar from the new CGI update of the original series? If so, have you seen anyone of them (assuming they have been released) and whats your verdict?
    "Moral indignation is jealousy with a Halo" - H.G. Wells.

Sig crafted by Bulgaroctonus, Member of S.I.N., Proud Spurs fan
    Son of Valus, Brother to Mimirswell and Proximus
    Patron of Shaun, Eventhorizen, Beowulf47
    and Rob_the_celt

Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Alittlelonely
    Gold pressed Latinum! a ferengis, uh favorite thing.
    Oh, nice one!

Rhah, I haven't seen the new ones yet I'm afraid. Me and my roommates don't have a TV (because we choose not to). I want to see them though. TOS in 5.1?! **** YEAH!

I don't think the clip in my avatar is from the new TOS. I think it is from DS9 but it could also be from Enterprise as well. I'll get back to you on that.

EDIT: Question added!

What is this?

Last edited by Lord Rahl; October 13, 2006 at 03:11 PM.

That's the Omega Particle, the ultimate sub-atomic particle that defines cosmic-organisation, outlawed by the Federation because research into it can cause destruction of sub-space, and highly sought-after by the Borg for its symbolic representation of perfection.
    Cluny the Scourge's online Rome: Total War voice-commentated battle videos can be found here: http://uk.youtube.com/profile?user=C...e1&view=videos - View on High Quality only.

Content Emeritus

You're good Cluny.

Next!

What is that?

Its not V'ger is it? Or something to do with Species 8471? (is that the right species number?)

Ok, a fairly easy question: What is the ideal matter-antimatter intermix ratio for a starship travelling 200 light years at Warp 7.5?

and Rob_the_celt

The intermix ratio is easy - it's a trick question, as Wesley Crusher divined with such contemptuous ease - there can only be one intermix ratio for matter-antimatter - 1:1.

I think that picture is a Species 8472 warship, though it's hard to make out clearly.

Yep, t'was a fairly easy one.

and seems I was only one digit out with the Species 8471/8472 guess., although looking at the pic again it reminds of something from Babylon 5

and Rob_the_celt