Thread: Can generals be made recruitable?

General Maximus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Can generals be made recruitable?

Hi,

Are generals recruitable? Because I haven't seen so till yet, after years of playing DM. I think this question has been asked many times by now, so please excuse me if I am repeating it.

Can they be made recruitable, if editing the export_descr_units and made the general's bodyguard recruitable?

Can you give a small submod for this? I can't, for the life of me, figure out how I used to assign buildings to the units to make them recruitable, and I remember it was a small thing, but I cannot remember the procedure.

Years ago, before I joined TWC, I used to make tonnes of new units for my personal use, though not polished but enough for personal game. Roman chariots, swordsmen for every faction, scythe hoplites for Greeks etc. That time I knew modding. But I have forgotten that after years of no modding activity.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
    सार्वभौम सम्राट चत्रवर्ती - भारतवर्ष
    स्वर्गपुत्र पीतसम्राट - चीन
    महाराजानाभ्याम महाराजा - पारसिक

The Border Reiver's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: Can generals be made recruitable?

Yes generals can be made recruitable by adding the following lines to the EDB on whatever building you want to recruit them from. In my submod I have them recruitable at the Academy as such:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

building academic
    {
    levels academy scriptorium ludus_magnus
    {
    academy requires factions { carthaginian, eastern, parthia, egyptian, greek, roman, } and building_present_min_level market market
    {
    capability
    {
    recruit "roman generals guard cavalry early" 2 requires factions { roman, } and building_present_min_level provincial_citizenship provincial_citizenship and not marian_reforms
    recruit "roman generals guard cavalry" 2 requires factions { roman, } and building_present_min_level provincial_citizenship provincial_citizenship and marian_reforms
    recruit "roman generals guard cavalry early" 2 requires factions { roman, } and building_present_min_level citizenship citizenship and not marian_reforms
    recruit "roman generals guard cavalry" 2 requires factions { roman, } and building_present_min_level citizenship citizenship and marian_reforms
    recruit "carthaginian general's cavalry early" 2 requires factions { carthage, } and not marian_reforms
    recruit "carthaginian general's cavalry" 2 requires factions { carthage, } and marian_reforms
    recruit "east generals cavalry early" 2 requires factions { eastern, } and not marian_reforms
    recruit "east generals cavalry" 2 requires factions { eastern, } and marian_reforms
    recruit "egyptian general's bodyguard early" 2 requires factions { egyptian, } and not marian_reforms
    recruit "Ptolemaic early General" 2 requires factions { egyptian, } and not marian_reforms
    recruit "Ptolemaic late General" 2 requires factions { egyptian, } and not marian_reforms
    recruit "greek general's guard cavalry early" 2 requires factions { greek, } and not marian_reforms
    recruit "greek general's guard cavalry early2" 2 requires factions { greek, } and not marian_reforms
    recruit "greek general's guard cavalry3" 2 requires factions { greek, } and marian_reforms
    recruit "greek general's guard cavalry4" 2 requires factions { greek, } and marian_reforms
    }

General Maximus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Thanks and +rep.

And it works!
    सार्वभौम सम्राट चत्रवर्ती - भारतवर्ष
    स्वर्गपुत्र पीतसम्राट - चीन
    महाराजानाभ्याम महाराजा - पारसिक

The Border Reiver's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Glad to help out