Thread: CTD after End turn

Default CTD after End turn

Hello again
    I've been having a crash after ending the 148 B.C turn. I cannot advance beyond that.
    It happens when its the Romans A.I turn to move (After I click end turn)

All my settlements are content, no rebellions.
    I cancelled all buildings that are currently being built, and canceled recruitments as well, no luck.

And my PC doesn't have a problem running this game, so its not that.

Here is the errors report:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: RomeTW.exe
    Application Version: 1.0.0.0
    Application Timestamp: 438afb5a
    Fault Module Name: RomeTW.exe
    Fault Module Version: 1.0.0.0
    Fault Module Timestamp: 438afb5a
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 004d5969
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 05df
    Additional Information 2: 05df6ed422dc4e1fb77fc8b8da810699
    Additional Information 3: d44c
    Additional Information 4: d44c06c10c403a49161509e9e9947c3e

Default Re: CTD after End turn

hi,

i've played countless hours with very few "end turn" ctd problems (have had many ctd during battles when i left fast forward on as the battle ended)... however, last week, my game started ctd in 250b.c. at end turn. i tried lots of little changes like you described, also tried moving a character or ship etc...

no help.

what finally did work: i loaded a totally different old campaign save. did end turn, which worked.... went back to my present game, and i successfully completed the end turn.

so give that a try.

good luck.

what finally did work: i loaded a totally different old campaign save. did end turn, which worked.... went back to my present game, and i successfully completed the end turn.
    this will do more harm then good, for one thing it will most likely mess up ur settlements goverment building or even corrupt ur save, which is why it is always advised to exit the game before loading a new save.

well since its happening at the roman ai turn, check to see if any of their settlements is rebelling, toggle_fow will reveal map, to reveal settlement and unit informations, press F1 then the question mark button on the upper right, then the green button below the advior. also check here for ways to bypass crashes, another thing, if u cant find a solution in there, then ending that turn without activating the script might work, though i would keep that as a final solution.
    Last edited by sinner; August 10, 2012 at 03:52 PM.

KINGS AND PAWNS, EMPERORS AND FOOLS...

@Perdiccas: That didn't work

this will do more harm then good, for one thing it will most likely mess up ur settlements goverment building or even corrupt ur save, which is why it is always advised to exit the game before loading a new save.

well since its happening at the roman ai turn, check to see if any of their settlements is rebelling, toggle_fow will reveal map, to reveal settlement and unit informations, press F1 then the question mark button on the upper right, then the green button below the advior. also check here for ways to bypass crashes, another thing, if u cant find a solution in there, then ending that turn without activating the script might work, though i would keep that as a final solution.
    I did what you said, it appears there is a revolting roman settlement... I tried reducing the population in the console command, but there is a problem... the settlement's name is Gawjam~Kimbroz... it has a "~" in its title, meaning when I write the settlement's name in the console, I have to press "~" which closes down the console. :/

I added my save file if anyone wants to help!

sorry

the "~" should be written as an underscore in the console ex. Gawjam_Kimbroz, anycase checked ur save and reducing the population won't work so i just fixed it for u, u should be able to pass the turn now.

Thanks a bunch sinner!
    Can you tell me how you fixed it, incase I encounter the same problem later?

took control of the city via force diplomacy, used process_cq cheat to build up public order, increased population a bit so that when I gave it back to the romans hopefully they will build the next governor palace and thus reduce the cultural penalty, finally gave the saba back the money spent. another better method, that i just remembered, is taking complete control of the faction in question, that way u can build up the city using the factions culture rather than ur own as in the previous method, that way u can be assured that no rebellion will occur again, I've mentioned how to do it a couple of times in this forum, a quick search should show u the threads.

edit: Modify eb/data/scripts/show_me/generic_script.txt to include a line console_command control troublesome faction between script and end script.
    run the save, activate background script, press F1 then show me how button- and once it reaches the targeted faction's turn, it will place it under ur control.
    To revert back to ur own faction, replace faction name, repeat steps, then just remove the line. remember also to back up the file and use notepad++.

faction's internal name:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

seleucid = Romani (roman)
    armenia = Sauromatae (nomad)
    pontus = Saka (nomad)
    scythia = Arveni (barbarian)
    britons = Casse (barbarian)
    spain = Lusotannan (barbarian)
    dacia = Getai (barbarian)
    germans = Sweboz (barbarian)
    gauls = Aedui (barbarian)
    carthage = Pontos (eastern)
    romans_scipii = Hayasdan (eastern)
    parthia = Pahlava (eastern)
    egypt = Qarthadastim (carthaginian)
    saba = Saba (carthaginian)
    romans_brutii = Baktria (egyptian)
    numidia = Ptolemaioi (egyptian)
    romans_julii = Arche Seleukeia (egyptian)
    greek_cities = Koinon Hellenon (greek)
    macedon = Makedonia (greek)
    thrace = Epeiros (greek)
    slave = Eleutheroi (greek)
    Last edited by sinner; September 15, 2012 at 12:31 PM.

I'm glad that sinner was able to fix your problem.

I also find that just about any crash can be avoided by re-loading your autosave and not enabling the EB Script for one turn. Not a very elegant solution, but it rarely fails me.

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Revan The Great View Post
    I'm glad that sinner was able to fix your problem.

I also find that just about any crash can be avoided by re-loading your autosave and not enabling the EB Script for one turn. Not a very elegant solution, but it rarely fails me.
    Really? Haven't seen anyone else mention this. Thanks Revan (assuming it works, heh-heh).

Quote Originally Posted by Jive View Post
    Really? Haven't seen anyone else mention this. Thanks Revan (assuming it works, heh-heh).
    I actually mentioned it on post 3 in this very thread, it usually works, but should only be used as a last resort.

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by sinner View Post
    I actually mentioned it on post 3 in this very thread, it usually works, but should only be used as a last resort.
    You're right sinner, so you did. Sorry about the omission. Actually it should hardly make any difference if you reload the auto-save instead of your own. What matters is leaving the script de-activated. I've done that fairly often and it usually worked. Unfortunately it didn't help in 175 BCE. Thank the God of Battles for that BI execute!

Laetus

I have a similar request, I play EB 1.1, and my game crashes after the Seleucids attack a Ptolemaian army besieging a seleucid city (I play as the Romani), I've tried 3 times to play it, but it still crashes. Any ideas how to fix this?

E.B 1.1 is buggy, u should update to E.B 1.2 and apply all the fixes, but it won't be save game compatible, if u insist on continuing your campaign, then i guess u can use the move_character cheat and distance the seleucids army away from the ptolemaian one.