Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast

Thread: TATW Realism+ /Final/ [TATW 3.2]

Default Re: Third Age TW 3.2 Realism+ 1.99.7 | Gameplay Tweaks plus Good vs Evil Balancing including a special ZoR/AoR

Quote Originally Posted by DaVinci View Post
    V 1.99.7 uploaded, as always changelog in 1st post (recruitment balancing, adds also 2 units to the game which were formerly not accessable for factions).

Edit:
    A mistake in the tech-tree of that version needs correction: Paste the attached file (unzipped) into the Third_Age_3/data folder, overwrite.
    For a short while valid, i'll update soon to 1.99.8.
    Did you make any changes to the edu? I want to know, because I want to make some incremental changes to my personally modded version of this mod.

I should've just waited with it untill you completed this thing, my bad lol.

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Default Re: Third Age TW 3.2 Realism+ 1.99.8 | Gameplay Tweaks plus Good vs Evil Balancing including a special ZoR/AoR

Yes, edu changes are valid with nearly every update.

---

V 1.99.8 uploaded, changelog 1st post.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Default Re: Third Age TW 3.2 Realism+ 1.99.8 | Gameplay Tweaks plus Good vs Evil Balancing including a special ZoR/AoR

Whats the difference between the THIRD AGE and FELLOWSHIP campigns??????????? What one more follows the flow of the movies?????????

Thanks

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Wolskyj View Post
    Whats the difference between the THIRD AGE and FELLOWSHIP campigns??????????? What one more follows the flow of the movies?????????

Thanks
    Wrong thread? Please check 1st post for the content of this TATW submod.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Been busy and couldn't give an update.

Really liking the Eriador campaign. On about turn 80, the OoG have been slaughtered and I'm ready to become Arnor. 1st time going up against Isengard and it's a whole new ballgame. Their units are MUCH tougher. It's hard to stand up to them with Eriador units which is good imo. You really have to become Arnor. The High Elves are helping out even though they've lost Imladris and Elrond's dead.

Most of the rest of the good guys are having a tough time--Rohan's down to a few settlements, Dale lost it's captal and its king, the Dwarves are laying low (probably because of Rhun) Minas Tirith is taken by Mordor and have lost 2 Stewards. The High Elves are hanging in and the Silvan Elves might be in trouble. This is the way I like it! It's true to Lore. The good guys faced overwhelming odds. The OoMM are attacking me too.

Only critique I have is that it seems to take a little too long for conquered settlements to be able to recruit (recruiting Sentinels and Beornings in Ost-in-Edhel takes about 75 turns for example), and recruiting times in general are a little too long imo--not much!--a little.

No ctds except for the vanilla reinforcing armies siege bug.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the next installment.

Patrician Artifex

Thanks Aringtoit. Yes, crashes due to this submod are gone, this theme is fixed.

Which version is this above from your experience-report?

I myself played Eriador with recent v1.99.8 until ca. turn 70, and had have a hard time on M/M.
    At war pretty quick with all evil bordering factions OoG, OoMM and Isengard. Regions which i conquered have been lost again, partly, back and forth war of regions ... it's not easy to keep conquered regions. Also, what you mentioned with too much low units from OoG etc. is not the case in my campaign, they send pretty quick their mid-heavy units including Wargs and Trolls ... my men fight and die heroic after ie. the 3rd wave OoG settlement-attackers, i'm far, far away from bringing OoG down to their knees, and not speaking of OoMM and Isengard.
    Annuminas is going on city level between around turn 65-70 here (if you avoid a prior recruitment from this settlement), but had have issues to get enough money for a) the walls-upgrade and then especially b) the Kingshouse, and to getting/holding the according regions for turning into Arnor ... however maybe i would have come to this Arnor status at about turn 85 or latest turn 100, if i played further.
    Else, other good side factions with this version make it a bit better until this campaign turn compared to older versions (my impression at least), have a quite stable region count, but that might change then, because evil side factions getting stronger with the time (with every decade).

Only critique I have is that it seems to take a little too long for conquered settlements to be able to recruit (recruiting Sentinels and Beornings in Ost-in-Edhel takes about 75 turns for example), and recruiting times in general are a little too long imo--not much!--a little.
    I'll take a look at this point. However, i think if Eriador can field more and quicker its units, the right idea to turning into Arnor would loose quite something of its attraction, so my thought is that i look primarily at Arnor's recruitment to make it a bit more comfortable - and yes, the whole idea of this submod is, that the good side player shall be the savior of Middle-earth, but not as easy walk in the park.

---
    I'll have finished 1.99.9 very soon, and will upload then, today. It'll have in particular a new startsetting for fellowship characters (thus it is not saved game compatible), making it a bit more interesting from on 1st turn.
    Last edited by DaVinci; September 19, 2012 at 04:20 AM.

Patrician Artifex

Default Re: Third Age TW 3.2 Realism+ 1.99.9 | Gameplay Tweaks plus Good vs Evil Balancing including a special ZoR/AoR

V 1.99.9 uploaded, changelog 1st post.

Extract
    - Startsetting, Elrond's council happened, some old good side pacts are forged, fellowship characters went out of Moria, Saruman's true goals are revealed ...
    SE, Eriador, Dwarves and Gondor player: check the area for Legolas, Gandalf and Aragorn, Gimli and Boromir.
    The fellowship company just broke and the heroes go their ways, Gandalf appears in Fangorn, bold: ...here is meant, that the according player looks for its respective character/s ( not for all listed ).

Edit: The AI will move its characters back into secure home regions, as player you shall decide what you want to do, ie. do it as well as AI, or help your allies, ie. Rohan or Gondor ... or whatever.
    Last edited by DaVinci; September 19, 2012 at 10:50 AM.

Default Re: Third Age TW 3.2 Realism+ 1.99.9 | Gameplay Tweaks plus Good vs Evil Balancing including a special ZoR/AoR

I'm having no problems with this campaign or the mod. I think the mod makes it much more crucial that the player does well because Middle Earth really does depend on him/her.

As Eriador you really have to take out the OoG as quickly as possible before all hell breaks loose. Becoming Arnor is a must because Isengard's units are tough. The archers are effective without being "machine gun" uber archers as they are in vanilla.

Right now Dale is dead, Rohan's in serious trouble, Gondor's lost it's capital and 2 stewards, the dwarves are fighting for their lives, the Silvan Elves are hanging in barely and the High Elves are making a bit of a comeback--probably because I'm taking on Isengard (I retook Imladris btw). I'm about to become Arnor and make a big push.

Again, the only thing I might change a little is recruitment times. It takes forever to be able to convert Carn Dum for example to 66% Northmen so that units can be recruited there. I wouldn't change it a lot, just somewhat--maybe 50 or 55% Northmen instead of 66%.

IIt's a eally good mod and I look forward to the future installments. I'm playing the latest version on M/H btw. I'm on about turn 90.

Patrician Artifex

I'm playing the latest version
    ... you mean the 2nd-latest version then, 1.99.8, as 1.99.9 is the latest now.

1.99.8. Didn't know the new one was up.

Patrician Artifex

Default Re: Third Age TW Realism+ 2.0 (created for TATW 3.2)

Final edition TATW Realism+, v2.0 uploaded. Changelog as always in 1st post.

I wish a lot of fun with this alternative and unique TATW gameplay ... try your best to be a good 'Servant of the Light'
    Last edited by DaVinci; September 22, 2012 at 09:47 AM.

Heptagenia's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by DaVinci View Post
    Final edition TATW Realism+, v2.0 uploaded. Changelog as always in 1st post.

I wish a lot of fun with this alternative and unique TATW gameplay ... try your best to be a good 'Servant of the Light'
    Great work

yay

Patrician Artifex

Hey guys, please keep me informed with your campaign experience reports (or even create AAR's).

Been very busy so haven't responded for awhile.

My Eriador campaign's going well and I'm enjoying it. With 2.0 the OoG and the OoMM seem more aggresive although I'm winning a lot of lopsided battles against them (2000 casualties against like 35 for me). When I go up against Isengard, things get much tougher. Their units are tough. I haven't really encountered Mordor yet but I expect them to be tough too. This is the way it should be imo. Isengard and Mordor were the main enemies.

No ctd's or any other problems. The only "problem" I have is still the recruitment times in conquered settlements. Maybe it's just my personal taste though. If I knew how to mod it I'd bring them down a little myself.

This is a good mod though and deserves more attention imo.

DaVinci, getting an AI ctd when the computer hits Rebels after I knocked out the OoG and their settlements all went rebel. Tried starting from a save before they were destroyed, but when I knocked them out again it happened again within 2 or 3 turns. I'm playing 2.0.

Patrician Artifex

DaVinci, getting an AI ctd when the computer hits Rebels after I knocked out the OoG and their settlements all went rebel. Tried starting from a save before they were destroyed, but when I knocked them out again it happened again within 2 or 3 turns. I'm playing 2.0.
    Hello Aringtoit, please give bit more specific info (i don't understand fully what you mean above) in the following form:

Ctd turn:
    Description, prior to ctd (exactly please):
    Kind of ctd (ie. end_turn? or within the turn ie. within or after battle):
    End_turn ctd* (which faction is displayed then?):
    Message text:
    Log txt file (entry? path: ...\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\logs):

(end_turn ctd = when you have dropped the button for next turn, and the faction-icons roll through ... observe exactly at which faction the campaign crashes)

This said, i (Eriador) got myself an end_turn ctd "unspecified error" with turn 72->73, after a battle where OoG assaulted Amon Sul (which works flawless ... battle mode is stable at least), this crash is persistent (repeats always in the same manner after the pre-crash-save reload, also when i changed certain codes of suspicion, anyway that means, the save-file contains the error).
    It is one of the diffuse types of campaign crashes, i'm working already on possible solutions ie. changing the codes for the at last new enabled unit entries (ie. enabled merc pool units now will get separate entries for campaign recruitment), and other by me changed things in recent versions which might make the campaign bit of fragile, we will see.
    However, a patch for 2.0 is very soon due.
    Last edited by DaVinci; September 25, 2012 at 07:36 AM.

It's an end turn ctd. It happened the 1st time after I killed the OoG's last chieftan and their settlements all went rebel, however, it happened again before they were destroyed as a faction also. I believe it was after a battle. When it 1st happened (after the OoG were destroyed) it happened about 2 turns later during the AI's turn when the icons got to Rebels. The 2nd time, I'm not sure. It was an end turn Unspecified Error though and it was after a battle against the OoG. The 2nd one was from the same game. I was trying to see if it would happen again, so I started from a save prior to the OoG being destroyed as a faction.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Aringtoit; September 25, 2012 at 11:22 AM.

Patrician Artifex

Ok thanks, understood halfway now

Please next time always use this short form for every single ctd (this form ensures, that i get the according necessary info).

Ctd turn: ?
    Description, prior to ctd (exactly please):
    Kind of ctd (ie. end_turn, or within the turn ie. within or after battle):
    End_turn ctd* (which faction is displayed then):
    Message text:
    Log txt file (entry? path: ...\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\logs): entry, only if not unspecified error
    So open is still the campaign turn or the turns for the two (?) ctd's, but doesn't matter now

The relevant info is, that obviously with v2.0 new, factions (or certain factions) tend to go rebel, and that the game cannot handle it properly - i assume that has simply to do with 2.0 merc-pool unit campaign-activation without using separate edu-entries (which is fixed with the mentiopned patch), as this is the only significant change with relevance in this regard, between pre-2.0 and 2.0. Another thing with 2.0 might be (perhaps additionally), that evil side characters might got (too) many bad traits (lack of loyalty and obedience), so they become rebel aka no heir/leader can be assigned (which is also fixed now with the patch, i hope).
    Important: Did you encounter such a ctd-type with former versions as well, ever?

I'll load up patch version 2.1 soon ... which needs playtesting again.
    Last edited by DaVinci; September 26, 2012 at 01:56 AM.

Patrician Artifex

Default Re: Third Age TW Realism+ 2.1 (created for TATW 3.2)

TATW Realism+ 2.1 (patch) uploaded. Changelog 1st post.