Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast

Thread: TATW Realism+ /Final/ [TATW 3.2]

Default Re: Third Age TW 3.2 Realism+ 1.85 | Gameplay Tweaks plus Good vs Evil Balancing including a special ZoR/AoR

Turn number 61. It seems that Dale will be the next dead, followed by the Silvans. The Dwarves and High Elves are solid for now with military ranking close to mine; and I have about 2.5-3 stacks. I don't want to use "toggle_fow" so thats everything I know about the other factions. I am figuring a way to take Isengard and stop their mass elite unit production, and my other goal is to restore Arnor as soon as possible.

Well I know that every new version changes the AI development, but its too late to change stuff now. Next campaigh-new version

pp. I must admit that I changed dwarves stats before starting Eriador. Added about 2 armour for every unit- it just didn't feel fine for me thad Dwarven Warrions had seme armour as Dale Swordsmen

...keep up the good work Friend!

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Default Re: Third Age TW 3.2 Realism+ 1.9 | Gameplay Tweaks plus Good vs Evil Balancing including a special ZoR/AoR

V 1.9 uploaded. Changes etc. see 1st post.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Patrician Artifex

Default Re: Third Age TW 3.2 Realism+ 1.9 | Gameplay Tweaks plus Good vs Evil Balancing including a special ZoR/AoR

Kind of bugfix for v1.9: In 1.9 i provided most Elven bowunits with slight improved missile attack values, but forgot to apply it as well for the (rare) Elven AoR bowunits -this is fixed in the attached file, which you might drop into the TATW/data folder, overwite (saved game compatible).

Attachment (overhauled) removed.
    Last edited by DaVinci; August 31, 2012 at 02:15 PM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Liking this more and more DaVinci. Makes the game more Lore accurate and--tough! Never was much of an Elven player, but now I'm on a mission to take 12 settlements and hold them for at least 20 turns (my "victory" conditions for Silvan Elves) or bust! Not easy.

Going to move onto Eriador or Gondor after that and try to win oughtright.

Anyway, thanks for this--and thanks for increasing the Elves missle attack a little!

Patrician Artifex

Some day i'll play Silvan Elves as well as full campaign, as of yet only did some playtest turns ... oh, i forgot to mention that also some melee values are improved for Elves.

Btw., players should notice that good side factions are partly better setted now, with the recent version(s), and the whole gameplay is enriched with new campaign AI behaviour, ie. map movements, war/alliances etc. have actually changed while keeping the good vs evil side item.

---

Here is another small in-between update for the ones who wanna have it instantly.

This changes the both Eriador 'Merchant' units to 'Bree Heavy Militia' who are but only recruitable in Bree (as the submod offers now armored spearmen and swordsmen for Eriador outside of Bree). The new unit description does not totally negate that they might be merchants-folk of Breeland, but i found that "Merchants" name just unfitting.

Drop that unzipped file into the TATW/data folder, overwrite (technically saved game compatible) ... the file contains the former 1.91 file update from above.

Attachment (overhauled) removed.
    Last edited by DaVinci; August 31, 2012 at 02:14 PM.

Hey man, just thought I'd pop in and post something that just happened to me whilst playing Isengard. Idk whether this is random or what, but on the 4th/5th/6th turn, I got a mission to take Fangorn and receive 3 of the best military units possible. I did it, and next turn 3 Guards of Orthanc pop up. I just got damn near 6k worth of units for free. These fellows are elite. 9 attack, 21 def 10 armor, 5 defense skill, 6 shield and the standard 2 hp. I don't beleive this should happen. This means in my main army i have 1004 Guards of Orthanc.

Just a heads up though, idk if this was 100% luck and I should be thankful or what. But I really feel like this has made the start of my Isengard suuuper easy. Playing on vh/vh
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Rickilicious; August 27, 2012 at 06:12 PM.

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Rickilicious View Post
    Hey man, just thought I'd pop in and post something that just happened to me whilst playing Isengard. Idk whether this is random or what, but on the 4th/5th/6th turn, I got a mission to take Fangorn and receive 3 of the best military units possible. I did it, and next turn 3 Guards of Orthanc pop up. I just got damn near 6k worth of units for free. These fellows are elite. 9 attack, 21 def 10 armor, 5 defense skill, 6 shield and the standard 2 hp. I don't beleive this should happen. This means in my main army i have 1004 Guards of Orthanc.

Just a heads up though, idk if this was 100% luck and I should be thankful or what. But I really feel like this has made the start of my Isengard suuuper easy. Playing on vh/vh
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Those missions and rewards are M2TW vanilla based and here rather TATW vanilla based. And you are right, they are "annoying" when the game spawns elite units. I'll look into it, if it is possible to keep these rewards solely on money, not units, but i fear it isn't possible.

The only thing to balance that out by default, would be to spawn 3 elite units for every AI faction in the 1st turn per script ... that might be a feasable way for the balancing, and i probably do it, if i can't negate the (elite) unit rewards for missions.

EDIT
    I claim the contrary now in regard of unit rewards, i just checked out the according file, and it is very feasable to remove unit rewards. Unit reward content will be changed for the next update release, thanks to Rickilicious for the elite unit reward hint ... i probably never would have thought about the option to modify that part.
    Last edited by DaVinci; August 28, 2012 at 12:15 PM.

Patrician Artifex

Default Re: Third Age TW 3.2 Realism+ 1.95 | Gameplay Tweaks plus Good vs Evil Balancing including a special ZoR/AoR

Version 1.95 uploaded.

Patrician Artifex

Default Re: Third Age TW 3.2 Realism+ 1.95 | Gameplay Tweaks plus Good vs Evil Balancing including a special ZoR/AoR

In-between update (1.96 files):

- Elven and Dwarves pop-growth bonusses erased (except for Dwarves with mines, which remains). Hint: Some pop-growth bonus codes were first implemented with this submod.
    - Elven and Dwarves recruitment speed decreased (now all need 2 turns).

Increases once again the challenge to play with High Elves, Silvan Elves and Dwarves.
    Lore-background is the "fact" that these folks departed more and more from Middle-earth.

Installation: Requires 1.95 installed. Unzip the attached file and drop the two txt files into the TATW/data folder, overwrite.

Edit: Attachment removed
    Last edited by DaVinci; August 31, 2012 at 12:59 PM.

Patrician Artifex

Question: Stability campaign mode

The ones who have installed 1.95 and eventually 1.96 update files, do you have a stable game?

Point is i have modified a bit more in the meantime, it is now v1.97/1.98 internal, and i'm getting crashes without according log entry which could give me an idea (it is "unspecified error"). I'm currently getting a crash within the first 10 turns, mostly already with end_turn 1->2 when all factions are through right after Sauron/Rebels.
    I'm currently not sure what it is, which file or combination of files/codes/scripting.

I have deinstalled TATW and now completely reinstalled 3.2 vanilla. My Realism+ modfiles are saved and i plan to rebuild the thing entirely - but then of course it shall be 100 % stable, as it was all the time for me during the TATW Realism+ modifications, from v1.0 until at least 1.94/1.95 (i never had campaign mode crashes nor battle mode crashes, which would/could indicate submodding mistakes, but now i have since post-1.95/1.96 or perhaps already with 1.95/1.96?). As said above i'm unsure about the stability with the at last released update files, now including 1.95.

Users of v1.95 (or 1.96 files updated), do you get crashes within the first 10-20 turns? It would help a lot for the fixing-routine to know which version (files) are stable and which not, aka getting your user-experience.
    Last edited by DaVinci; August 31, 2012 at 09:05 AM.

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by DaVinci View Post
    Question: Stability campaign mode

The ones who have installed 1.95 and eventually 1.96 update files, do you have a stable game?

Point is i have modified a bit more in the meantime, it is now v1.97/1.98 internal, and i'm getting crashes without according log entry which could give me an idea (it is "unspecified error"). I'm currently getting a crash within the first 10 turns, mostly already with end_turn 1->2 when all factions are through right after Sauron/Rebels.
    I'm currently not sure what it is, which file or combination of files/codes/scripting.

I have deinstalled TATW and now completely reinstalled 3.2 vanilla. My Realism+ modfiles are saved and i plan to rebuild the thing entirely - but then of course it shall be 100 % stable, as it was all the time for me during the TATW Realism+ modifications, from v1.0 until at least 1.94/1.95 (i never had campaign mode crashes nor battle mode crashes, which would/could indicate submodding mistakes, but now i have since post-1.95/1.96 or perhaps already with 1.95/1.96?). As said above i'm unsure about the stability with the at last released update files, now including 1.95.

Users of v1.95 (or 1.96 files updated), do you get crashes within the first 10-20 turns? It would help a lot for the fixing-routine to know which version (files) are stable and which not, aka getting your user-experience.
    Rebuilt-report

So i did a step by step (modfile-testing) reinstallation of my internal version 1.97/1.98 on a fresh TATW 3.2, and everything runs smoothly, several campaign-testruns until ca. turn 5-10-15, no crash, nothing.

I assume the fresh installation did the trick, as i recently touched also some files which are obviously very sensible for the stability, but those files are not released nor in my 1.97/1.98 rebuild. All is good ... and TATW Realism+ modding can go on as usually

Edit: I hope nobody will now report (above described) crashes since he installed 1.95/1.96 (and i did have pure whatsoever "luck" during the testing)? If yes (crash), please report, because i did also some refining/optimation (between 1.96-1.97/1.98) for certain files which could have a possible potential of instability.
    Last edited by DaVinci; August 31, 2012 at 12:13 PM.

Yeah. 1.95 crashed at around turn 30. I.96 at about turn 3 to 4. I reinstalled 1.95 (since 1.96 was just 2 files) and got a crash at turn 30 something again. Tried the autosave which brought me back to the point it crashed, moved a couple of diplomats and it didn't crash. I'm at about turn 50 now.

Btw, I know having the Elves recruiting times slowed is "Lore appropriate", but I don't see how they can hold out long with 2 turns per unit--especially the SE. They get mobbed by both Mordor and the OoMM from the start as it is and their economy's almost non-existant for the 1st 15 or more turns (and slow after that). I'll give it a try though when the next version comes out.

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Aringtoit View Post
    Yeah. 1.95 crashed at around turn 30. I.96 at about turn 3 to 4. I reinstalled 1.95 (since 1.96 was just 2 files) and got a crash at turn 30 something again. Tried the autosave which brought me back to the point it crashed, moved a couple of diplomats and it didn't crash. I'm at about turn 50 now.

Btw, I know having the Elves recruiting times slowed is "Lore appropriate", but I don't see how they can hold out long with 2 turns per unit--especially the SE. They get mobbed by both Mordor and the OoMM from the start as it is and their economy's almost non-existant for the 1st 15 or more turns (and slow after that). I'll give it a try though when the next version comes out.
    Hm, the crash at around turn 30 could be a usual engine crash or indeed caused by TATW modding or my submodding, everything possible (more often save-game is indicated - now when i think about it, i had as well several campaign crashes in the later game even with TATW vanilla, and comicably then less or none of them with my submodding versions, i was able to play until turn 60-70-80 without a crash, and just stopped then).
    So you are now at about turn 50 with 1.95, please report any further crashes if they occur with 1.95, that would be actually relevant to encircle possible culprits.

The crash in turn 3-4 with 1.96 is probably caused by my submodding, as this reflects my recent experience of crashing in the first turns (i'll remove the above attached 1.96 update files).

As for SE recruitment 2 turns, yes, it's intention that these 3 factions (SE, HE, Dwarves) have big issues (for a bit more lore-realism) - it's the more the case as human player, as the enemy AI looks at you more, compared to other enemy AI's, the higher the campaign difficulty is set, also reason why i recommend M camp difficulty for a more "natural" AI camp behaviour (especially for this TATW submod) ... however, i'll observe their AI outcome when playtesting Eriador (deeper).

Edit

Tried the autosave which brought me back to the point it crashed, moved a couple of diplomats and it didn't crash.
    ...this means, that the auto-save-process crashes ... several culprits are possible, but mostly it is something with characters(ie. clone-characters)/traits/names or even a settlement-rebellion item. I need the info if you get "unspecified error" message or if the log folder delivers something that is not TATW 3.2 vanilla log entry, the latter is the case for one tech-tree db thing with several lines which describe the same and one last BAI entry which is a hint only, both things cause no trouble though (i guess at least).
    Last edited by DaVinci; August 31, 2012 at 05:45 PM.

Started a new game using 1.95. Got my 1st crash @ about turn 20. After that it crashed pretty much every other turn.

Good news is that it always autosaves from the point of the crash and continues to the next turn when reloaded. It's not a game stopper so far.

This is a good mod DaVinci. I can see you're putting a lot of thought into it. I'm looking forward to the next update!

Patrician Artifex

Started a new game using 1.95. Got my 1st crash @ about turn 20. After that it crashed pretty much every other turn.

Good news is that it always autosaves from the point of the crash and continues to the next turn when reloaded. It's not a game stopper so far.

This is a good mod DaVinci. I can see you're putting a lot of thought into it. I'm looking forward to the next update!
    Thanks for reporting. Please tell me also which kind of message you got/get, ie. is it "unspecified error"?

Wait ... for further playing. I'll upload the current 1.97 version for playtesting ... as obviously there has been something not properly done already in 1.95 which might be solved (or not) with my recent coding changes. Well, the point is i did/do some coding/scripting changes, which partly is kind of experimental (this is for example the missions file change and also some complex things about hidden_resources/tech-tree, recruitment/scripting, perhaps also trait changes and family-tree items), maybe i have to review those things in the sense or with the goal to get back a stable campaign, as said it was stable (for me) i think until v1.9. Edit: Perhaps it is even a simple thing like the recent Guild capability changes.

I can see you're putting a lot of thought into it. I'm looking forward to the next update!
    Yes, i always do that while modding, as i play and mod until the gameplay/balance has actually depth which satisfies me ... and then it happens sometimes that i know the gameplay/mod so good that i loose interest, lol, and go on to a next other project, but i don't leave an instable build.
    Last edited by DaVinci; August 31, 2012 at 03:43 PM.

Patrician Artifex

Default Re: Third Age TW 3.2 Realism+ 1.97 | Gameplay Tweaks plus Good vs Evil Balancing including a special ZoR/AoR

V 1.97 uploaded. I have to call that open-beta, see above
    Please report crashes, when they happen and which message you got, and if the reloading brings you back to the former pre-crash turn and ie. another move of a character (diplomat, spy or general) changes the crashing turn or even solves it (see also Aringtoit's report/s).
    Goal is to have a stable campaign (again) ... even if it goes on the cost of some extra features.

Edit: 1st post has now a TATW 3.2 'Backup' attachment (it contains all submodified files as TATW 3.2 vanilla), just to make it easier to uninstall the submod, you'll getting back original TATW 3.2 if you install this over the submod.
    Last edited by DaVinci; August 31, 2012 at 03:59 PM.

Emrys's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Third Age TW 3.2 Realism+ 1.97 | Gameplay Tweaks plus Good vs Evil Balancing including a special ZoR/AoR

No bugs so far. Turn 60.

I was getting an "unspecified error" message. Going to try 1.97 now.

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Emrys View Post
    No bugs so far. Turn 60.
    Thanks.

V 1.97? Faction?

I was getting an "unspecified error" message. Going to try 1.97 now.
    Yes, that is more senseful now for the playtesting, thanks.

(And important for playtesting/reporting is of course that no other submods are used).
    Last edited by DaVinci; August 31, 2012 at 05:37 PM.

Emrys's Avatar Primicerius

Sorry, Gondor in 1.97 and turn 76 is still running fine