Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: EB2 Graphic Enhancement mod

alin's Avatar Campidoctor

Default EB2 Graphic Enhancement mod

This is a graphic enhancement mod for M2:TW that is planned to be released together with Eb2 as an optional side-mod.

For now the current features are HDR, Vignette Effect and other post-processing effects to give a more stylish look.
    In future releases more graphical features are planned to added and to deal with the noticeable performance drops that the current release does.

Also note that you can disable Bloom at run-time by pressing Shift + F11 keys.

Before downloading and using this please read the Readme to get acknowledged with the usage, installation and other important aspects:
    Code:
    Graphic Enhancements for M2:TW
    Copyright (C) 2014  Alin L. <tux_alin@yahoo.com> of The Europa Barbarorum Team.

This is mainly based on the ENB Series created by:
    http://enbdev.com/index_en.html
    Copyright (c) 2008 Vorontsov Boris (ENB developer)

Description of ENBSeries on the web page may not be equal to version in downloaded mod archive (installer).
    v0.21 - 3/05/2015 - Increased sharpness and other small tweaks.
    v0.2 - 25/08/2014 - New version with improved post-processing.
    v0.1b - 02/08/2012 - After some in-house testing released as Open Beta.
    v0.1a - 08/04/2012 - First alpha version.
    ----------------------------------------------
    Instalation and Usage 
    Simply copy the contents of the archive in the M2:TW folder.

The enhancements are activated from the start howewer they can be deactivated or activated using Shift + F12 keys.
    The HDR effect is activated/deactivated using the Shift + F9 keys.

To disable or tune the settings first read the ENBSeries README and modify the enbseries.ini.

To uninstall the application simply delete the following file from the M2TW folder:
    d3d9.dll

Files that are redundant afterwards:
    effect.txt
    enbpalette.bmp
    enbseries.ini
    Readme.txt

Features
    The current features are HDR, Vignette Effect and other post-processing effects to give a more stylish look.

ENBSeries README
    SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:
    Videocard with support of Shader Model 2.0 or better. Videocards in the list below may fit:
    GeForce 6100, 6150, 6200, 6600, 6800, 7300, 7600, 7800, 7900, 8500, 8600, 8800;
    Radeon 9500, 9550, 9600, 9700, 9800, 300, 600, 700, 800, 850, 1300, 1600, 1800, 1900, 1950, 2400, 2600, 2900, 3850, 3870.
    I can't guarantee that mod will work on all of them by many reasons (different drivers, hardware reduced versions and just because not tested myself). ENBSeries (current version) will not run at all or will not work properly if hardware by any reason not support minimal requirements of the mod. Videocards with lower shader versions capable to work in theory, but they are too slow, no sense. Videocards of new generation (DirectX10 compatible) in common cases works much faster in this mod, than their performance equivalents in DirectX9 games.
    The requirements to videomemory size are very high, depends from screen resolution and antialiasing, for example without antialiasing in a mode 1024*768 it cost 64 Mb of videomemory, and for 1280*1024 106 Mb are necessary. Operative memory and processor play an insignificant role, though all should be balanced.

INSTALLING:
    Extract files from archive in to the game directory or where game execution file exist (.exe). For some games it is in the directories named system, bin, bin32. Warning, some games needs root game directory for mod even if .exe file is not there.

STARTING:
    After game start the mod deactivated by default, to activate it use key combination (for GTASA shift+f12 by default).

SETUP:
    After first game start with the mod, configuration file enbseries.ini will be created, use it to modify mod setting. Warning, if configuration file will be corrupted in any way, remove it and run mod again.

SETTING DESCRIPTION:

[PROXY]
    EnableProxyLibrary=(0,1) load 3rd party library by the mod at game start. Helps to solve problem with multiple d3d9.dll files.
    InitProxyFunctions=(0,1) connect to functions of 3rd party library.
    ProxyLibrary=(filename) file name of 3rd party library.

[GLOBAL]
    UseEffect=(0,1) activate mod at start. In some situations HUD or startup movies may be corrupted visually because of this parameter enabled.
    AlternativeDepth=(0,1) increase performance of some effects, but not all videocards can use this mode at full precision, if you see large lines on the objects, disable this parameter.
    AllowAntialias=(0,1) enables antialiasing setting from game to be used in the mod effects. (antialiasing, multisampling, fsaa, in other words).
    BugFixMode=(0..5) every value fixes it's own unsopported feature or bug in driver or hardware. For drivers 169.xx and 171.xx do not set this parameter to 1. Values from 0 to 5 actually HDR texture formats: 0 (R32G32F)-high quality and middle performance, 1 (R32F)-high quality and fast, 2 (A32R32G32B32F)-high quality and very slow, 3 (R16F)-low quality and fastest, 4 (R16G16F)-low quality and fast, 5 (A16R16G16B16F)-low quality and middle performance.
    SkipShaderOptimization=(0,1) disables optimization when compiling shader, may help to elliminate bugs.

[EFFECT]
    EnableBloom=(0,1) enables bloom effect (bright areas blurred) with time dependent adaptation. Works only if mod activated already (by key combination).
    EnableOcclusion=(0,1) enables ambient occlusions (ssao) and some other effects (mod version dependent).
    EnableReflection=(0,1) reflection of vehicles.
    EnableMotionBlur=(0,1) blurring image in fast motion of camera. Temporary disabled.
    EnableWater=(0,1) enable water effects
    EnableShadow=(0,1) enable shadow effects
    DepthBias=(0..1000) for scene depth rendering, offset of geometry relative camera viewpoint. For some videocards may be useful to remove flickering and hiding of ambient occlusions.

[BLOOM]
    BloomPowerDay=(0..100) power of bloom at day time, dependent from screen brightness.
    BloomFadeTime=(0..100000) time of bloom adaptation to screen brightness change, in milliseconds.
    BloomConstantDay=(0..100) power of bloom at day time, independent from adaptation time between screen brightness change.
    BloomQuality=(0..2) bloom effect quality, 0 means maximal quality.
    BloomScreenLevelDay=(0..100) level of screen brightness in percents, that determined as day time.
    BloomCurveDay=(-10..10) gamma correction of bloom at day time. negative values increases halftone brightness (smoggy look), positive values decrease halftones brightness (contrast, intensive image).
    BloomPowerNight=(0..100) power of bloom at night time, dependent from screen brightness.
    BloomConstantNight=(0..100) power of bloom at night time, independent from adaptation time between screen brightness change.
    BloomCurveNight=(-10..10) gamma correction of bloom at night time. negative values increases halftone brightness (smoggy look), positive values decrease halftones brightness (contrast, intensive image).
    BloomScreenLevelNight=(0..100) level of screen brightness in percents, that determined as night time.
    BloomAdaptationScreenLevel=(0..100) level of screen brightness in percents, over which bloom deactivating. It's desirable that this parameter will be greater than BloomScreenLevelDay.
    BloomAdaptationMultiplier=(0..100) percent of day time bloom brightness, that will be used when screen brightness will be greater than BloomAdaptationScreenLevel. Value 100 disable adaptation
    BloomAllowOversaturation=(0,1) if 0, bloom softly applied to screen and bright areas not become too oversaturated.
    Credits.
    Main credit goes to Vorontsov Boris, creator of ENBSeries., without him and his Graphic Mod this wouldn't have been possible.
    As I've only modified, set-up the tool and created a new HLSL shader.

Preview.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Preview on the campaign map:

Before:

After:

More pictures:

Or you can download it from our ModDB page.

Comments, criticism, improvements and bug reports are welcome. Regards,
    Alin
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by alin; June 03, 2015 at 12:49 AM. Reason: new update

Alkimachos's Avatar EoR Modeller

Default Re: EB2 Graphic Enhancement side-mod(Open Beta)

Thank you Alin about this... Very kind from part..

East of Rome Co - Leader / Modeller of Asia ton Barbaron / Ex beta tester of Roma Surrectum

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Wow

Excellent....Soon enough I'm getting a new pc, now this.
    Stay Scheming. #Raptors

Great work - I am curious what the guys in the screenshot are. I assume Boii or Celts, or are they Dacians?

I already gave my opinion in an other thread concerning this work.
    It's really awesome, i look forward to see it in action on EB II

Skyn0s
    EBII fan appeal: The Europa Barbarorum II team [M2TW] is in dire need of YOUR HELP RIGHT NOW! - Dear modders, please get in touch HERE!

Col. Tartleton's Avatar Comes Limitis

I can't really see a difference, but I'm sure there's a difference...
    The Earth is inhabited by billions of idiots.
    The search for intelligent life continues...

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ahiga View Post
    Great work - I am curious what the guys in the screenshot are. I assume Boii or Celts, or are they Dacians?
    I believe the guys in the comparison images are Dacians, while the units in the last image of the "more pics" bunch are Celts.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Thanks for releasing this. Could anybody upload it somewhere else, pls or maybe as an attachment since it is a small file. The current link requires some kind of registration. Thanks in advance.

This side-mod really improves the visuals (looks more more "gritty", "real"). Will it be implemented in EBII?... as you say it's: "planned to be released together with Eb2 as an optional side-mod."

Quote Originally Posted by Col. Tartleton View Post
    I can't really see a difference
    Really?

Quote Originally Posted by paradamed View Post
    Thanks for releasing this. Could anybody upload it somewhere else, pls or maybe as an attachment since it is a small file. The current link requires some kind of registration. Thanks in advance.
    Sorry about that, didn't knew that 4shared requires a user account. Links updated.

Quote Originally Posted by Col. Tartleton View Post
    I can't really see a difference, but I'm sure there's a difference...
    Hum... oK.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Tactician View Post
    This side-mod really improves the visuals (looks more more "gritty", "real"). Will it be implemented in EBII?... as you say it's: "planned to be released together with Eb2 as an optional side-mod."
    Yes, optional in the installer.

Thanks for the quick reply, alin!

... (a little) off-topic: Are there any 'help-tools' for players - similar to the 'Recruitment Viewer' or 'Unit (Compare) List' from EB1 - planned? Or perhaps even extra unit infos (as morale, bow-range, amount of ammo etc.) in the in-game unit info cards?

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Thank you very much Alin!

Good job on y'alls part for releasing this to the community early!

Imho, I much prefer the Before shots. Don't think I will implement this side mod. Just a preference. I prefer crisp, clear colors over the washed out desaturation on the units. The HDR looks pretty good on the campaign map though.
    Heir to Noble Savage in the Imperial House of Wilpuri

Quote Originally Posted by Future Filmmaker View Post
    Good job on y'alls part for releasing this to the community early!

Imho, I much prefer the Before shots. Don't think I will implement this side mod. Just a preference. I prefer crisp, clear colors over the washed out desaturation on the units. The HDR looks pretty good on the campaign map though.
    Exactly that's why it'll be optional in the installer.

You can't notice HDR there:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_dynamic_range_imaging

You mainly see the custom shader which applies the de-saturation and vignette effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Tactician View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply, alin!

... (a little) off-topic: Are there any 'help-tools' for players - similar to the 'Recruitment Viewer' or 'Unit (Compare) List' from EB1 - planned? Or perhaps even extra unit infos (as morale, bow-range, amount of ammo etc.) in the in-game unit info cards?
    Welcome!

Quite off-topic since this isn't something I will be working on, nor something important for the first release.
    Extra unit infos, iirc is something that bobbin did so he knows if we will.

Looks good. I broke my MTW2 install or I would give it a go, but I will for sure be using with EB2.

A little off topic but speaking in terms of graphical improvement; is there a way to update grass/trees/terrain in MTW2, sort of like RS2 did for Rome? It's not that bad really, but just the quality of the unit textures (from what i can tell in the screens) makes it stand out to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasic View Post
    Looks good. I broke my MTW2 install or I would give it a go, but I will for sure be using with EB2.

A little off topic but speaking in terms of graphical improvement; is there a way to update grass/trees/terrain in MTW2, sort of like RS2 did for Rome? It's not that bad really, but just the quality of the unit textures (from what i can tell in the screens) makes it stand out to me.
    Yes.

Yes? Can you be a little more specific on this question? The vegetation of Rome Surrectum 2 is fantastic and something similar would be good to MTW2 engine.

Sorry my bad english.

Quote Originally Posted by Thormes View Post
    Yes? Can you be a little more specific on this question? The vegetation of Rome Surrectum 2 is fantastic and something similar would be good to MTW2 engine.

Sorry my bad english.
    Yes it, vegetation, can be changed. No, we haven't planned changing it.
    Last edited by alin; August 13, 2012 at 09:11 AM.

Thanks for the reply Alin.

Great news here, still believed that this was not possible, because I have not seen anything about it anywhere.

XD...I hope my message to be understandable.

Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast