Thread: Is it possible to Empire

Default Is it possible to Empire

How to Make us to be able to recruit the regiment Dew-Pont exercises without learning technologies with a new type of bayonets?
    But how to do that you can recruit for any political system?
    Is it possible to make the square was shooting in Napoleon: Total War?
    Please excuse me for english google translator

Default Re: Is it possible to Empire

Quote Originally Posted by Fox777 View Post
    How to Make us to be able to recruit the regiment eua_royal_deux_ponts exercises without learning technologies with a new type of bayonets?

Quote Originally Posted by Fox777 View Post
    How to Make us to be able to recruit the regiment Dew-Pont exercises without learning technologies with a new type of bayonets?
    I'm not sure of what you want to do, but I think you need DBEditor. What I have understood is that you want to get new firing effects without researching technologies. I don't think you can do it this way. I can think of two ways as a workaround. You can simply add the effects to another technology (easy way; set magnitude to 1), you will still have them in a few turns. This is done in technology_effects_junction_tables. Or, you can create a new technology that you could research in 1 turn. This is the long (and harder) way. Once one of the two ways completed, there is a last optionnal step. For this, you can use esfeditor (see esf total editor, old AND new versions of esf editor are both useful when working with esf). I have never tried to mod technologies there, but I assume you will find in startpos.esf, CAMPAIGN_ENV/CAMPAIGN_MODEL/WORLD/FACTION_ARRAY/FACTION_TECHNOLOGY_MANAGER a way to unlock a technology right from the start.

I have never tried it either. This is likely done in units_to_gov_type_permissions (DBE). Simply setting status to enabled everywhere should do it.

I don't think you can. You can not edit much formations.

How to reduce by half the distance of movement of the armies on the strategic map?

Here again, I can think of two ways. You can edit speed on road in campaign_variables_tables. I think there is also a table somewhere that lists movement points for each unit type, which is probably what you would really want, but I don't remember where it is. Interesting idea by the way; that makes me want to add it to my custom mod features

Quote Originally Posted by Hasefrexx View Post
    Here again, I can think of two ways. You can edit speed on road in campaign_variables_tables. I think there is also a table somewhere that lists movement points for each unit type, which is probably what you would really want, but I don't remember where it is. Interesting idea by the way; that makes me want to add it to my custom mod features
    Thanks for the info! If you find more specific information let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Hasefrexx View Post
    db/units_tables/units tenth column