Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: EB2 Dev Blog & Sneak Peek - The comments section

Default Re: EB2 Dev Blog & Sneak Peek - The comments section

Now, when a tribe goes extinct, does that mean units associated with that tribe are no longer available too?

For example, as the Romani, I sack the Chatti settlement and destroy its "building". Does that remove the Chatti clubmen from AOR?

jmrc's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastScythian View Post
    So about the tribal system, it is stated that it will be for the Aedui, Sweboz, and Lugia.
    Will it also be for the Arverni, or do they have a more centralized system since they have a king rather than an
    elected ruler?
    I intended to say that the work being done until now was on those 3 factions and not that they would be the only ones. All Celtic and Germanic and some of the nomadic factions will have this tribal system, although each faction will have a specific "flavour" based on how it worked in reality. So, there will be cases where the leader gets elected (we'll speak of this in future Blog Devs).

Quote Originally Posted by Gemellus View Post
    Now, when a tribe goes extinct, does that mean units associated with that tribe are no longer available too?

For example, as the Romani, I sack the Chatti settlement and destroy its "building". Does that remove the Chatti clubmen from AOR?
    Yes, they become unavailable. One more reason to protect them well. Note that this extinction only occurs to the player, so he has the intelligence to know when the tribe is in danger of getting extinct and protect that settlement until expanding the tribe to somewhere else.

EDIT: just to clear up things: in your example, the human player is the Romans, so the extinction would not occur. But, if you played as the Sweboz, and you let the Roman AI player conquer the settlement with the last Chatti tribal building (the scripting will automatically destroy that building for the AI), then they will be extinct.
    Last edited by jmrc; August 11, 2012 at 03:10 AM.

"Death Smiles at Us All,all a Man Can Do Is Smile Back."
    Maximvs Decimvs Meridivs, Commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, Iberian Gladiator.

I saw those pictures where Arche Seleukeia aided Pergamom in their war against Bithynia, but how does the Arche Seleukeia aid Pergamom?

Miszel's Avatar Domesticus

Do other, not tribal factions have/will have that interesting mechanics? Maybe between ethnicities in Arche Seleukea, or families/senate in Rome?

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Most interesting mechanism ever!!! CA woul not even imagine to try to think the possibility of starting to consider making an innovative project like that. Congrats!!

Petroniu's Avatar Domesticus

Well, we've got some sweet infos and pics in the Dev Blog and Sneak Peek threads so far and by the fans reactions, you guys (devs) better keep 'em coming!
    RTWRM - back to basics

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by jmrc View Post
    I

Yes, they become unavailable. One more reason to protect them well. Note that this extinction only occurs to the player, so he has the intelligence to know when the tribe is in danger of getting extinct and protect that settlement until expanding the tribe to somewhere else.

brilliant feature.

The tribal feature sounds very good - it will surely add a lot of depth to the gameplay! And an interesting update on the progress in general. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Xoxoman View Post
    I saw those pictures where Arche Seleukeia aided Pergamom in their war against Bithynia, but how does the Arche Seleukeia aid Pergamom?
    Doesn't it say they'll dispatch an army against Bithynia? I guess that might be done by simply scripting/spawning an AS army.

Quote Originally Posted by Miszel View Post
    Do other, not tribal factions have/will have that interesting mechanics? Maybe between ethnicities in Arche Seleukea, or families/senate in Rome?
    A few months ago bobbin mentioned there might be political parties (or the like) for some factions like e.g. the Romans -> here.
    He also sayed that the Teutonic family system might be used for the Romani and perhaps other factions -> here.

But those statements are quite old by now, so the team might have other plans for non-tribal factions.

Visarion's Avatar Alexandros
    Artifex

love the sneak pics! thx jmrc!

Sneak Peeks -> Sauromatae in action!

Nize!!

Who are they fighting against: Bosphorus kingdom?
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Some faction with Macedonian phalanxes as it seems to show in the post...
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Most likely Bosporos - regarding they're the nearest Hellenic faction?! But it could be any faction with Macedonian phalanxes. As it's perhaps a custom battle...

Campidoctor

EB never fails to render me in awe. That tribal system sounds fantastic, I am currently experiencing high levels of arousal after reading the preview. The day it's finally released will be the day I disappear for many moons.

My thoughts as well - but your even better words!

Rhaegar1's Avatar Campidoctor

Guys all this previews and screenshots and stuff is giving me the creeps, really awesome. This is gonna be so good when it comes out. And I will be glad when I can finally help you a bit with your work (open beta testing) I'm really a programming noob so except for playing and reporting things that are wrong I'm afraid I can't do much.

Anyway keep up the good work and I hope you guys still enjoy this marvelous work you are performing. Thank you.
    'I'll be damned ' Marcellus Wallis

Shigawire's Avatar VOXIFEX MAXIMVS

Wow. I'm in awe of the work the head honchos are doing on EB2!
    ------------------------------VOXIFEX MAXIMVS-------------------------------
    ------PROUD PARENT OF THE EUROPA BARBARORUM VOICEMOD-------

"To know a thing well, know its limits. Only when pushed beyond its tolerances will its true nature be seen." -The Amtal Rule, DUNE

Phalanx300's Avatar Protector Domesticus

The tribal system sounds great actually. So they will also influence the rebels spawning there? Or a leader turning into a rebel?

Beautiful preview as well as the 'Tribal' script. That tribal scripting is so impressive.
    Marcus Claudius Aurelius

Phalanx300's Avatar Protector Domesticus

And also multiple tribes in a single region I gues?

As of yet ive seen only brilliant features in EB2, certainly its going to be the best total war game ever (propably much better than the upcoming Rome total war 2).
    But in the Romans fighting against Aedui sneak peek, despite the very beatiful units, the Romans look more Africans than Romans. The french (aedui) arent that different from the romans.

I have a good grasp on human genetics and would like to point out that very distinguishable traits between the french and the Romans are not sustainable from a historic perspective.
    Please i do not wish to be disrespectful and i considered EB2 to be the most impressive work on the total war platform.

Ty
    Last edited by Lucio Domicio Aureliano; August 22, 2012 at 09:24 PM.