Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Tsardoms Total War - FACTION PREVIEW: Banate of Bosnia

Hrobatos's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: Tsardoms Total War - FACTION PREVIEW: Banate of Bosnia

Neither you nor any one else is required to play Tsardoms.
    Either ignore us or read a bit about somthing called historical
    debate. While you are at it look up comparative historical method as well.
    Last edited by Hrobatos; March 01, 2014 at 03:24 PM.

Bladelok's Avatar Libertus

I'm just going to conquer them all with the Vasileia ton Rhomaion in my campaign, then they will all have the privilege of calling themselves "Rhomaioi" once again

And it won't matter if they were Bosnian, Croatian or Serbian, because they will be fighting the same enemies. Secundo Romae to the rescue!

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian_King View Post
    Bosnjanin certainly was not a teritorijal name but an ethnic/ political name if you ask me. Because belonging to a nation/people/ ethnicity in the late middle ages was nothing more than belonging to a certain political framework= state, kingdom etc.

I think that the text is quite good. Only I would approach the Bosnian church more from a political point of view rather than talking about Bogomils but OK. The maker of the text choose to take the more classical approach which is ok.

It would be better if also the "horion bosona" (land of Bosnia) from 950. was also short mentioned as the first mention of Bosnia. Because the banate of Bosnia did not fall from the heaven in the 12. century when the hungarians decided to do so; it was mentioned that a Bosnian principality (knezevina) existed in 950.
    false,bosnia vas caled turkish croatia after it felt to the turkish empire,exept those towns who acepted the ungaryc-croatian king!
    the bosnian king il find the quote later demanded that the priest asistants (whom he alowed to be scoled by his own priests) talk the languige of the people(narodni govor)but in the latin version it says lingua croaticum!!!

+ in BOBOVAC(FORT IN THE HILL OF THE CAPITAL CITY OF BOSNIAN KINGDOM) or kraljeva sutjeska(kings courthouse,the name of the actual tovn,it exists til todaj) there are people who have medieval costoms til today:wedings with the crown on the guys head,(the custom includes a guard on horses which folows the bride and the guy to the church(wich is the museum and the resting place of one bosnian king) the guard used to wear weapons 50,40 jears ago) those same people have the custome(vomen)of puting black scarfs in their hair on the day the last bosnian queen died. the same catholic people like many of the catholic people in bosnia tatoo them self with crosses,it is an medieval custom(when the ottomans captured bosnia they took chilldren from the local population and they took them to istanbull and there they islamized them to make janichari of them,many venetians claim later that croatian is a spoken languige in istambul,by the way)wich priests teached the cathlic population to do to their kids and joung women so the turks wont kidnap them! in the erliers years when the people didnt know the technikes of tatooing they used to cut of newborn babys fingers or hands just so the turkis soldies dont take them away from them!
    NOW PEOPLE FROM THAT TOWN ARE CROATS!!

PLEASE ANSWER SOMEONE! in medieval 2 all nations had rebels with their heretics who are in case of bosnia krstjani(so caled,there are historians who claim that they were similar or same as the katars in france) but vere oficialy christians or something else,in the case of medieval bosnia (which vas catholic officially) in this mod u created them as kristjani and not catholic,which is apsurd! so my question is why? bosnia was cathlic at that time and the bishop of bosnia vas actualy a bishop of zadar (croatian town).

i understand that u dont know bosnias history but i think that u were under smomeons (who is false) influenze!

OMG! not minoritys bosnia vas only a region in the croatian kingdom! the title BAN is actualy an croatian title for the viceking(croats had 10 or 12 bans wich chose the king after the king dies without no sucessors! this is what foreign historiany says! there vere serbs in the eastern bosnia but in all if u would count them like that(not in real number just a minoity) u can say that france had an german minority as well(and it had but like 5%) but no one says that france vas multietnich,only in case of bosnia vich sensitive to debate etnicitys,i think that this bosnian review is an
    conformist one and not rely historic but ii can understand that u want to stay neutral.
    so i would sugest that u just call them bosnian wich can be interpreted regional as well as etnical couse croats,serbs count that bosnians are just like dalmatians (an regional identification) and bosniakis(slavs who were islamized) interprete them as bosniakis(the term is oficialy recognized by the bosnian and herzegovinas goverment in 1993,before that the caled themsef Moslems vith a big m couse it vas like their etnicly name and moslems vith a smal m for they religion!

moslem nobels under the ottoman rule used too call them self croats in the 16. century as well there are lists of the turkish army which vas resembeld in bosnia and serbia,the list includes names of the soldiers,the land they came from and their ethnicitj those from bosnia are writen to be croats and i tinkh serbs in some smal numbers.

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Sorry but your posts are very hard to understand. What exactly are you complaining about?

Also, this preview was made by two Croatians so a bit hard to believe that Croatians were biased against their own. We try to be as objective as possible.

PS. Bosnian King has not been on this forum for a long time so don't bother replying to him.

sory my eng. is bad so i didnt want to write much and explain,i would be ready to contribute to the research but im not in contact with those people,so i would preciate if u could give me them to talk,by the way im one who is borne in bobovac0(today kraljeva sutjeska) i know what my people are,dude im baptized in the curch were bosnian kings were baptized my relatives surnames are those of bosnian nobles so please i think i could be useful couse i care for this and medieval 25 in general!!

THANKS! AND SORY!
    Last edited by Tango12345; June 16, 2014 at 04:19 PM.

Miszel's Avatar Domesticus

We have to make some simplifications, and its obvious that not everyone will be happy with the outcome. Our mod gives possibility to change state religion so i see no problem with that. Kristjani Bosnia gives interesting dynamics to the gameplay in this region.

Ghazi Warrior's Avatar Libertus

nice preview
    Does the Reserve bank practice a form of modern slavery??
    DEBT is the weapon used to conquer and enslave societies, and INTEREST is its prime ammunition.
    People have to work to pay off debt. as interest is compounded, people have to work harder to meet the debt payment over and above other payments. This keep the wage-dependent "SLAVE" in line, powering an empire that only benefits the elite at the top of the pyramid.

PHYSICAL SLAVERY requires people to be housed and fed. ECONOMIC SLAVERY requires people to feed and house themselves.it is one of the most ingenious scams for social manipulation ever created, and at its core, it is an invisible war against the population.

Being one of guys who was in charge of research, I can tell you that we have disscused in great deal all elements and came to what we considered to be most objective representation of historical reality.

Bosnia was not called Turkish Croatia like ever. That was called modern day area of North-western Bosnia, around Bihac, that was never part of Bosnian medieval state until Ottomans conquered it and joined it into Bosnian Eyalet.

Tango12345's Avatar Never mind the manoeuvres...
    Moderator Emeritus Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Lets stop the flame war now before it gets too bad shall we gents?

Quote Originally Posted by Hrobatos View Post
    Being one of guys who was in charge of research, I can tell you that we have disscused in great deal all elements and came to what we considered to be most objective representation of historical reality.

Bosnia was not called Turkish Croatia like ever. That was called modern day area of North-western Bosnia, around Bihac, that was never part of Bosnian medieval state until Ottomans conquered it and joined it into Bosnian Eyalet.
    ok if u can change it thats not so bad,but stil it think that those guys were etnicly croats+ in the eastern bosnia there vas not more serbs than minoritis in other countrys at that time, + some serbs acknowledge it,there were only 2 ortodox curches in bosnia!
    http://www.dejanlucic.net/Lat/zlo_velike_jetre.html this is a serbian site and a serb!
    i could say many more about this but ok! it is al ower now,and if i may ask how is the mod going? and do u have a profile on forum.hr

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix[illusion] View Post
    it's just a regional name, nothing more
    nationality as we know today does not exist in that time. so bosnian unit means they are originally from region of bosnia
    as for croatian and serbian mercs, we know about famous hrvatinic family, and spread of bosnia over serbian regions
    hrvatinics are born in bosnia,why are they called croats?they werent catholic,they had the same lilicum on their heraldy as the kotromanic later??? hrvoje vas born in kotor same as the father of kotromanics family!

Dude stop replying to posts from years ago from people that have not even logged on in years.

forum.hr
    Im Ar-Pharanzor over there.

The faction preview has now been refreshed as all the screenshots had dead links. Everything is back now.

Sorry, but according to the latest findings, Krstjani were not Bogomils, but Christians who, living in isolation in Bosnia, had no contact with the rest of Christianity, and their religion was simply an archaic form of Christianity, not a Bogomil heresy.

There are certainly different opinions on the subject. But to say that they had no contact with rest of Christianity while Bosnia was full of Ortodox and Catholic churches and monasteries is obviously not correct. It is also completel ignoring the fact that various reports both Catholic and Ortodox inform us that Bosnian bans gave shelter to Bogomils from Serbia and Bulgaria.

Stjepan Vukčić Kosača for example had both krstjani gost and ortodox priest as his advisors and kept good connections to Catholic church.
    Last edited by Hrobatos; October 04, 2021 at 05:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by doliwaq View Post
    Sorry, but according to the latest findings, Krstjani were not Bogomils, but Christians who, living in isolation in Bosnia, had no contact with the rest of Christianity, and their religion was simply an archaic form of Christianity, not a Bogomil heresy.
    They werent realy isolated.Its like saying katars were isolated.

There is alsov an acount of a high kristjani priest being at rome talking with the pope
    That shows that they werent even heretics
    Pope never had metings with heretics.

BTW
    They were a sheperd form of christianity like in jesus time.
    Bogumils are an lie of the yugoslavian(serbian) histography wich wanted to show them as a form of ortodoxity

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678