Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [ACW] SteamShip MOD [Rel]

Icon1 [ACW] SteamShip MOD [Rel]

NOTE THIS IS THE OLD VERSION OF THE SHIP MOD WHICH IS NO LONGER NEEDED
    DOWNLOAD ZOR 3.5 WHERE STEAM SHIP MOD IS INTEGRATED NOW!
    THANKS FOR SUPPORT AND FIGHT WELL!

[NC]MASTER

awarded by Minas Moth, January 12, 2013.

Screenshots:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

THANKS TO Shokh for the help and for his already nicely made CSA naval flag and of course for the whole ACW MOD! LOVE IT!

Last edited by [NC]Master; March 16, 2013 at 05:38 AM.

Default Re: [Rel] SteamShip MOD

wow man this is awesome, downloading now

Default Re: [ACW] SteamShip MOD [Rel]

One can only wish the original designers had made a steam ship model closer to the most common 19th century designs (flush deck, less pronounced or absent stern galleries, reinforced side wheels structure).

Chieftain John K.'s Avatar Tiro

Icon1 Re: [ACW] SteamShip MOD [Rel]

Hi,

After start launcher Empire crash.

I play with Patch 3.4.1 and Warpath and all works fine before.
    After Install the SteamShip MOD my Empire crash when start the launcher
    The Mod was correctly installed and i have update the user script.

i wil look at it tomorrow but it is dificult for me to find the problem with this small explonation of your problem

I have uninstall ACW and delete all ACW Folders, bg packs, user script. Then reinstall over ACW_3_4_setup and test the launcher again. Mod start without problems. Then install the SteamShip MOD with the same result. After launcher Empire Crash.
    Last edited by Chieftain John K.; July 30, 2012 at 02:47 PM.

Good now i see the problem the problem is that the launcher has the order to start up the steamship mod but the steamship mod is not in your data folder in the following your game is going to crash! so in this case the easiest way is to start up launcher (please first update to 3.4.1) and then when the launcher is open to move and overwrite the pack files with my ones then it should work

Quote Originally Posted by [NC]Master View Post
    Good now i see the problem the problem is that the launcher has the order to start up the steamship mod but the steamship mod is not in your data folder in the following your game is going to crash! so in this case the easiest way is to start up launcher (please first update to 3.4.1) and then when the launcher is open to move and overwrite the pack files with my ones then it should work
    I follow your instructions because the launcher and overwrite the pack files. Now, i can start ACW 3.4.1 Warpath sucessfull.
    Steamship is in the Trading Ports. I dont have time to play the mod because my real life and will give u an report next week because this submod.
    Thanks for help.

It will be good for us while waiting ACW 3.5 ships
    ------ An American Civil War Modification for Total War : Shogun 2 ------

Quote Originally Posted by Murat ÖZCAN View Post
    It will be good for us while waiting ACW 3.5 ships
    i don't think that you can expect a new ship type in the new version maybe shokh will edit some db files and the range of the ships but its not possible to bring in new ships thats the tatus since 3 years

BUT maybe shokh will surprise us if so i would definitely love it

hi i can't get the mod to work and all the unit icons are gone. need help please.

Icon2 Re: [ACW] SteamShip MOD [Rel]

Change log V 1.0
    >Navy Flags for both nations

My opinion:
    A good submod. Love it.

My result:
    *ACW 3.1.4 Warpath us flag is wrong (both)*
    *ACW 3.1.4 Warpath cs flag is wrong (one)*
    *Ships without sail have too much speed. Though clear it is a steamship. But a little could be already slower than a ship with sailings (Chain balls make no effect)*
    *The exactness of the hits is a little bit too low*
    *The range of the cannons for all ammunition should be raised*
    Last edited by Chieftain John K.; July 29, 2012 at 03:20 AM.

I'm getting the same problem as Chieftain John K.- Confederate navy is using british flag and us navy is using confederate bonnie blue flag. How can this be fixed, I do have pack file manager.
    Host of the Napoleon Total War AMERICAN CIVIL WAR 2.1 MOD Discord Server - https://discord.gg/6JWWBQq "TUNNELSSSS....ARE USELESS, so why bother anyway!" - Captain Henry Wirz

i don't think that you can expect a new ship type in the new version maybe shokh will edit some db files and the range of the ships but its not possible to bring in new ships thats the tatus since 3 years

BUT maybe shokh will surprise us if so i would definitely love it
    I saw a screenshot with ironclads But I don't know how much longer they will work on it.And I saw a reply from shokh,3.5 will have ships http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=552326
    Last edited by Murat ÖZCAN; July 29, 2012 at 10:08 AM.

Hinkel's Avatar Commander in Chief

Quote Originally Posted by Murat ÖZCAN View Post
    I saw a screenshot with ironclads But I don't know how much longer they will work on it.And I saw a reply from shokh,3.5 will have ships http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=552326
    There wont be any new ship models, cause its not possible. The ironclads were fake.
    3.5 will be shortened very much, cause it would be a huge work, when we would finish all the stuff we would like to do.
    So 3.5 will be not so detailed, as we would like to do.
    --------------------------- The American Civil War for Total War ------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Chieftain John K. View Post
    Change log V 1.0
    >Navy Flags for both nations

My opinion:
    A good submod. Love it.

My result:
    *ACW 3.1.4 Warpath us flag is wrong (both)*
    *ACW 3.1.4 Warpath cs flag is wrong (one)*
    *Ships without sail have too much speed. Though clear it is a steamship. But a little could be already slower than a ship with sailings (Chain balls make no effect)*
    *The exactness of the hits is a little bit too low*
    *The range of the cannons for all ammunition should be raised*

Okay first i have no idea why your flags are such wrong i think you have forgotten to overwrite the both warpath packs which i gave you or you are playing without the warpath addon. Which is what i think it is!!

FOR ALL THIS MOD IS AT THE MOMENT ONLY FOR WARPATH OWNERS OTHERWAYS YOU WILL HAVE THE WRONG FLAGS !!!!!

i would like to change the range of the ships but its dificult because in the db files there it is a number which is marked unknown if anyone knows which unknow i have to change i am glad but i will not test all out to find you which number i need to change! I will see to the accuracy thanks for your post and i am glad you like it i will do what i can to improve this mod

Okay first i have no idea why your flags are such wrong i think you have forgotten to overwrite the both warpath packs which i gave you or you are playing without the warpath addon. Which is what i think it is!!

[B]FOR ALL THIS MOD IS AT THE MOMENT ONLY FOR WARPATH OWNERS OTHERWAYS YOU WILL HAVE THE WRONG FLAGS !!!!!
    Now as the first thanks for the answer.
    The files were integrated 1:1 of submod and I play only with warpath.
    This is the strange one.
    I wish furthermore a lot of success.
    I will write for the moment the translation.

Good job, +rep

I am gonna make an addition to ACW launcher so players can enable/disable it with one click. Is it going to be only for warpath? I can see only warpath us and cs packs.

Soon I'll send you a test version. I will not mess with your packs at all. The only thing that will change for you is the location that you will ask for your mod files to be installed by the players (you'll be informed later about the path).
    Last edited by husserlTW; July 30, 2012 at 05:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinkel View Post
    There wont be any new ship models, cause its not possible. The ironclads were fake.
    3.5 will be shortened very much, cause it would be a huge work, when we would finish all the stuff we would like to do.
    So 3.5 will be not so detailed, as we would like to do.
    I heard they had been fake from primergy At least try the zouave model which I mentioned before of course if it is possible.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast