Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: General Skill Tree Mod - Completely New Skill Set (Shogun 2) - updated to 1.3

Default Re: General Skill Tree Mod - Completely New Skill Set (Shogun 2) - updated to 1.3

Quote Originally Posted by zhiphius View Post
    just wondering, im using aum-sho unit pack and your general talent/skill mods.
    I fought against a stack of ikko ashigaru, having ashigaru from that mod myself.

He had 2 rank 4 generals and a rank 3, i had a rank 3 and a rank 2 general. All generals had the +3 melee talent.

Just noticed that his "vanilla" ashigaru seemed to kill my "aum-sho" units like knife through butter, even my loan swords lost badly toward his ikko yari ashi's. none of his or mine had vet levels or upgrades aside from general bonuses.

does your mod affect custom mod units? or just vanilla? thats my question =) would be sad if only vanilla units got the general skill bonuses

ps: love your general skills mods btw =)
    edit: I can pretty much confirm that atleast aum-sho unit pack units is unaffected by the new general skills like +def and + melee after playing a full campaign (and beyond) testing. Vanilla units (inc. dlc units) get the effects. But mod units does not apparently. Might be a issue with the unit mod though and not your mod. But figured i'd post that here anyway.

Black_Watch42's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: General Skill Tree Mod - Completely New Skill Set (Shogun 2) - updated to 1.3

does anyone know if this is compatible with the update?

Love this tree Vagros, much better than the vanilla one. I was wondering if you considered adding this and your other mod to steam workshop for using with the mod manager rather then keep moving things around manually?
    Rome > Darthmod Med2:K > SS6.4, Rule_Brittania, Broken Crescent Empire > Empire Realism Napoleon > Darthmod Shogun 2 > True Samurai, [WIP] Mettle Blades and Skills

Tired of changing steam Launcher options for Med 2/Kingdoms mods? use Kingdoms App Launcher

Funniest Thread in Rome 2 history: The new "you got the sandals wrong" thread.

It would be great if you could do an overhaul of the FOTS tree?
    Rome > Darthmod Med2:K > SS6.4, Rule_Brittania, Broken Crescent Empire > Empire Realism Napoleon > Darthmod Shogun 2 > True Samurai, [WIP] Mettle Blades and Skills

Tired of changing steam Launcher options for Med 2/Kingdoms mods? use Kingdoms App Launcher

Funniest Thread in Rome 2 history: The new "you got the sandals wrong" thread.

I like this tree, but is this mod compatible with darthmod ?

Quote Originally Posted by NiKuTa View Post
    I like this tree, but is this mod compatible with darthmod ?
    By my experience it is. Since darth didn't touch the general skills.
    Now if there would be FOTS version of this.. it could be more or less the same. Maybe swap religion tree to traditionalist general tree that gives bonuses to traditional units and then current strategist would be on middle ground at start and then modern in later stages.

Naval improvements could have bit accuracy / reload rate boosts. Aside that, don't see much changes that would be required to make it work..
    *Edit*
    Also I would like to point out that this mod doesn't seem to affect units now at all. Morale bonuses, melee attacks etc. No effect.
    Only ones that seem to work are the movement range bonuses, research rate bonuses, religious tree and ambushing along with general specific buffs.

Army / Navy wide ones don't work. I guess this could need an update someday.
    Last edited by W4lt3r; October 11, 2012 at 08:23 AM.

I would like to do a small bump on this thread.
    And try to inquire about a new version for this mod. Since I've previously stated, the melee attack / defense related general buffs don't seem to affect your troops at all. Same with naval melee attack when boarding skill trait.

McCarronXLD's Avatar Senator

Would be great to get an update to this awesome mod!
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."

Is vragos no longer updating this wonderful mod?

this mod work no more, with new patches. vragos can you update it ?

Not playing Shogun 2 at the moment, or modding it. Been busy modding and playing skyrim. I'll update it when I return to Shogun 2.

I am having problem uploading file.

I modded vragos's skill tree.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Auspanda, the +melee to all units under this man's command bonuses don't seem to work for some reason. At least, the increment does not show under the unit stats when you mouse over.

I have a series of mods that have made my game almost exactly as I want. Two things are missing. This for the Ikko Ikki and a province specialty chooser mechanic or at least switching the Ikko Ikki starting province specialties. If you could update this for Ikko Ikki, or even tell me how to do it myself I would be extremely grateful. I tried to do it myself by copying the table set for regular generals and changing everything to Ikko Ikki General and ikko_ikki respectively, but it didn't work. Just my lack of understanding.

how to download it.?

Where can i download this?I don't see a link anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Livin La Vida Loca View Post
    Where can i download this?I don't see a link anywhere.

hey by luck I have found the file in another mod so here it is : https://mega.nz/#!Wlhj3TRI!tGAoz25-kVHSPP-oy9YQmqs0b-CyCN-DCSKUfsE-sx0

by the way this mod seems to be a bit buggy, some skills do not work ( + melee attacks for units doesn't work but defense does ) aswell as the increased bodyguard size. Basically if you put one point in guardian and reset it you'll still have the 25% bonus... I haven't tested it all but I'm not sure if I'll keep the mod in my next campaign.
    Last edited by Senryakku; April 17, 2016 at 10:54 AM.

Oh,does it still have bugs that need to be worked out?Frankly I've wanted to play a campaign with this skill tree mod as well as Vrago's retainers mod,but the links for both are gone,and apparently Vragos hasnt been here in over a year,so i was kinda SOL.Thank you for telling me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12