Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: NPC Faction - Horonians

Default Re: NPC Faction - Horonians

Horonians deserve more! I mean, I know they do absolutely nothing, but they are awsome. They're my favorite group of humans in zelda. At least give them temple guards.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~ For Horon And Holodrum! ~~~~~~~~~~~~

I posted sum wayer els and it posted it here. thats just confusing. egnor this.
    Last edited by Eldren; August 26, 2012 at 01:25 AM.

Here are some hero ideas: Din, Maku tree, Maple, and Ruul.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~ For Horon And Holodrum! ~~~~~~~~~~~~

New Ideas!

Quenya earlier on had suggested including the various seeds into the Horonian faction. Back then I objected that the seeds were present in Labrynna as well... but I had forgotten that in Holodrum the seeds grow in different seasons! This makes them perfect to further implement a seasons theme into them!

During autumn they would get extremely fast units making use of Pegasus Seeds.
    During winter Ember Seeds could be thrown like incendiary bombs.
    During spring they'd get scent seeds that can be used to lure the enemy with a mesmerizing scent or make it run away due to noxious exhalations.
    During Summer they would get Gale Seeds allowing them to, as Quenya put it, "teleports like the phantoms of tarm" or blow the enemy away to great distances as well as Mystery Seeds that would cause any of the above effects at random!

Futhermore, here's some other things that Horonians could do depending on seasons:

During autumn, they could dig up holes (with spiked poles in them?) and cover them with leaves.
    During winter, they could create blockades out of snow (where available) and/or bring water to the battlefield to let it ice over and create a slippery surface (dunno if this is doable, especially since it should only be possible on flat surfaces, not the side of hills)
    During spring they would bring Blast Blooms planted within pots to the battlefield, but instead of using them to shoot people up in the air, they'd put the equivalent weight of a person in Rock Mushrooms within them. Floral catapult!
    During summer they could get a unit that uses vines with a hook tied at the end like ladders, to climb walls.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnr839 View Post
    i'm with you, the NPCs need alot more units. especially since Horons just have generic "Townsfolk" as one of their two units.
    You know... I find myself missing the generic townfolks. It suited them better than generic soldiers.
    Last edited by Duke Serkol; October 02, 2012 at 09:23 PM.

Here's an idea I'd like to suggest for the Horonians, mounted soldiers who compliment their fellow footmen when it comes to defending the realm. To make them unique compared to those of most other factions, they could ride atop lightly-armored (leather?) Sygers in lieu of horses. They could tire easier than normal horsemen (if that is possible to program) but are superior in terms of damage dealing.

VGF254's Avatar Civis

cool idea

thisdude's Avatar Laetus

don't know if anybody has allready suggested this but i think that some of the units should be based a bit on seasons (seeing as there from oracle of seasons) but not to much just a bit of armor detail and name
    for example, Autumn archer, Winter wizard(mage), summer soldier and spring sniper (could have basic rifles like muskets and stuff) these are just purely suggestions and my opinion on what would be cool

I like it, it goes well with the seasonal abilities I listed above... but Neph doesn't like to throw around wizards, and if the pointy eared Hylians don't get them, the Horonians surely shouldn't either, so that one would have to be changed.

the Horonians Aren't working right in my opinion. when was the last time anyone fought a Horonian, any campaign i play, they don't build Building, or recruit a thing, in every one, I walk up, hoping there would be a different, Nothing.

they don´t recruit because they can´t build tanners in cities, and tanners are required for barracks.
    Sorry for my english, I try to do my best

so was the idea to have them just another, rogue settlement[EX; gray/rebel town], like the ones you conquer at the beginning of any campaign.

I would like them to be at least, like the Tokay, Subrosians, and Zuna. that do stuff, they just sit Idle, until they are conquered [in better terms, "claimed"], then game over for them, not that they were even a Player [NPC]. At the moment, they are a side note, not even the rebels, are that pathetic.

so was the idea to have them just another, rogue settlement[EX; gray/rebel town], like the ones you conquer at the beginning of any campaign.

I would like them to be at least, like the Tokay, Subrosians, and Zuna. that do stuff, they just sit Idle, until they are conquered [in better terms, "claimed"], then game over for them, not that they were even a Player [NPC]. At the moment, they are a side note, not even the rebels, are that pathetic.

Well they could still start with more forces (town defenses) that other factions, all concentrated into one (or two, if we include the Sunken City), so they aren't completely defenseless.

They could have a hero unit based on the Maku tree, with it possibly being given a similar treatment to the deku trees (maku trees might be related to deku trees). Based on this, there could be a group of stronger mystics (or druids) who serve/worship the maku tree.

Another idea is perhaps an alliance between the people of Holon and the moblin forces under the Great Moblin. While he did appear in both Oracle games, in Seasons however he had a much more fortified fortress for his bomb production and even stayed in the region when his fortress is demolished, unlike in Ages.
    Last edited by Nergali; November 04, 2012 at 05:02 PM.

I don't main they need stronger or more units.
    I'm saying the Horonians Program/codes are Broken, so they don't do any thing. if Horonian is just place holder. then i say take them out. so fare Horonians is just a land mark under a faction. that's not a Faction. not different then Snowpeak Ruins controlled by the Rebels. except the Rebels do stuff.

do the Horonians start with forces at all. they certainly don't make/git more when ever i git there. and there is no building that they didn't start with. so ya, you might as well, call them locals. they have no government. and non of the people living in Horonians will fight or join the armies of Horonians. you don't conquer Horonians. you claim it like the new world, and kick off the natives.

does any one see why I'm not happy with how Horonian is at the moment. they need to do stuff, any thing would be better then sitting there, and doing nothing.

I'm in favor of this Horonians faction doing some thing different from other factions.

I suggest 2 ways of doing that.
    The first way would be that there Co-existence with nature. would spawn more Wild Life do to them not hunting or managing the wild Population. and Wild Life would not attack Horonians.

The 2 way i was thinking was to have the Horonians a Haven or Sanctuary. For those Non-Prominent Races.

Quote Originally Posted by Encablossa
    I would like to see some less known intelligent races available as mercenaries. Like kangaroos
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Bears

Dinosaurs

Watarara

lynel
    @ Encablossa
    I can see those Races as Allies of the Horonians. Being people that co-exist with nature, and those Races being sentient, and yet not using tools, or much of them.

Has any one thought that the Horonian, could be the safe haven of the Non-Prominent Races? The Races that don't quite fit with the major powers of the Hyrule World.

Edit:
    Horonian dos remind me of the Magic Sanctuary of other games. (In those games, Magic is a thing of the past, and fairy tale creature are in hiding from the major powers, in most cases "Humans".)
    I would like to see Horonian with the most Divers of Races being the most tolerant of all factions. Ice Races would all so be in there faction, (in hiding until winter that is.)

any thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharatriel
    Winter is coming!The chilfos call to arms!
    Would love to see them guys.I approve Eldren's idea.
    This conversation is located on,
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...549496&page=13
    and
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...549496&page=14

I went back to the wiki and saw that Dmitri is actually a Dodongo. I gyess them and Gorons are both good in the water.
    And the Watarara are from the manga.(Which I thought wan't that bad.)

This brings another thought to mind though. There is a limit for factions, correct? So is there a limit to how many units there can be?

P.S. Eldren and Negalu, I like your guys' ideas.

@ Encablossa
    thanks. glad you like them.
    but who is Negalu?
    I haven't seen that name before. did you misspell it? if you didn't I'm curious to know what ideas, he had.

I thought I heard that there was a limit of 500 units.

Oops. Meant Nergali. He's the one a few post above this.

@ Encablossa
    thanks for the correction. :

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast