Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Faction - River Zora

Default Re: Faction - River Zora

Well, It's offical. I hope you start with a decent amount of units, otherwise its gonna be a pain to actually capture a city worth taking over.

So what happens in provinces without rivers like the Gerudo desert? no recruitment at all?

so is there a reason my post is not showing up?

Edit: Now its here. Weird.........

Avatar of the Ice Wolf's Avatar Praeses

@Mjolnr

That has been happening a lot lately. I've previously seen it happen to Xebenkeck and gaiachild.

West: Foranar- Azurita - The Redeemer - Sinteiria - Sakotae the Guardian (Tavia) - Saleria
    East: Nerise - Kiril

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar of the Ice Wolf View Post
    @Mjolnr

That has been happening a lot lately. I've previously seen it happen to Xebenkeck and gaiachild.

I saw the one with Xebenkeck on the animation thread.

Anyway, any other unit ideas we can throw out? Maybe some of the firespitting guys, or an archer unit? i still like the idea of somebody getting basic Octorocks, and River Zora make more than then the "Standard" Zora. I know they are a Wildlife unit, but they would fit right in.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnr839 View Post
    I saw the one with Xebenkeck on the animation thread.

Anyway, any other unit ideas we can throw out? Maybe some of the firespitting guys, or an archer unit? i still like the idea of somebody getting basic Octorocks, and River Zora make more than then the "Standard" Zora. I know they are a Wildlife unit, but they would fit right in.
    Believe it or not, I am not too familiar with the River Zora outside of the Original Legend of Zelda. Serkol would be the guy to go to for this.

West: Foranar- Azurita - The Redeemer - Sinteiria - Sakotae the Guardian (Tavia) - Saleria

I have 2 questions:

Are the cannibals prone to Running Amok?

And do the River Zora have any special mercs specific to their faction like some of the other ones?

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUKKKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, Completely off topic, and probably better left for the main Zora, or another thread, but the "Normal" Zora, are the Sea Zora yes? Then why in Gods name would they morph into Bird people when the world was flooded? They should of thrived, had a massive population boom, and taken over the World living underwater in an Atlantis like paradise.

Plot Hole Nintendo..........

Maybe they did.

And maybe some began to Worship Valoo and through his magic gained the power of flight?

@Mjolnr

We all went over this multiple times. The only explanation would be the difference between fresh water and salt water. Perhaps the Zora could not survive in the salt water of the great ocean? That is currently our only explanation for this pathetic plot hole. I still say it never should have happened.......

VGF254's Avatar Civis

sweet units

@Avatar

But they are "Sea" Zora, as in ocean and salt water...........

Anyway, are there any other aquatic guys that would fit in with the River Zora? Were there not giant ocean worms or something, or were they just the sandworms and moldorms i'm thinking of?

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnr839 View Post
    @Avatar

But they are "Sea" Zora, as in ocean and salt water...........

Anyway, are there any other aquatic guys that would fit in with the River Zora? Were there not giant ocean worms or something, or were they just the sandworms and moldorms i'm thinking of?
    Like I said, I have no bloody idea to both counts.

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

The River Zora will have a few more units, just not in the next release. Also the Subrosians use Moldorms, since Moldorms are subterranean creatures and not aquatic.

The Zora could've been eaten by a multitude of new predators now that their safe spot, land, had been washed away.

What few Zora that were left alive after the sudden influx of predation could've found Dragon Roost Island, and through Valoo's benevolence and magic, turned into the Rito, just as the Great Deku Tree did to the Kokiri.

After a quick look at Zelda wiki, i found these guys.

Maybe some Attack Dog type guys?

@Neph

Oh? Subrosians get Moldorms? Sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 51 View Post
    The Zora could've been eaten by a multitude of new predators now that their safe spot, land, had been washed away.

What few Zora that were left alive after the sudden influx of predation could've found Dragon Roost Island, and through Valoo's benevolence and magic, turned into the Rito, just as the Great Deku Tree did to the Kokiri.
    I still don't think that is a good excuse, due to the amount of shelter an intelligent race like the Zora could have had. Also, I don't believe these predators would have evolved overnight. As such, the Zora could have had plenty of time to avoid such an unfavorable situation.

Another quick look, and what about "Seahats"? I know that they are obviously ocean dwellers, but maybe they could be reworked to simply be an aquatic, fish version of the Peahats, and be able to live in any water.

@Mjolnr

As much as I thought those things were pests, and nothing more than pests, that actually sounds like a good idea. However, they may seem like a peahat replica of sorts, depending on how they are rendered and what their effective uses are.

I see the River Zora's being desperate enough to weaponize any creature they can get, which is why i think them using basic Octorocks, or maybe even Big Octos is a nice idea. A sort of Beast master type faction if you will. Tektites might work as well, since the blue little buggers infested lake Hylia in OoT.

Seahats were pretty damn big in WW though, so i don't know if them living in rivers or lakes is plausible as much as i like the idea. Then again, they would have to be reworked anyway to fit in so its not that big of an issue.

@Mjolnr

Tektites are a darned good idea. I was actually looking for a place for them somewhere.