Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Kingdoms of the Isles - Old Previews

Default Re: The Kingdoms of the Isles - The First Preview

Just wanted to say again how great this looks. Keep up the great work lads!

The Border Reiver's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Aéd Liath View Post
    Just wanted to say again how great this looks. Keep up the great work lads!
    Thanks Aéd Liath!

@Makrell & Sivilombudsmannen....I think it would be interesting to have the Earldom of Orkney or Norway in the mod as a "what if" scenario, but we made the choice to include "need to be" factions only.

Norse units will appear in game as mercenaries only.

Davies_boi16's Avatar Libertus

Looks awsome. Im supporting you agian

Cheers Davies, nice sig!

Davies_boi16's Avatar Libertus

Thanx i love doing them

Default Is this mod dead?

Originally posted in thread entitled "Is this mod dead?"
    The "preview" was released in 2008...
    Last edited by The Bruce; July 29, 2010 at 11:22 PM. Reason: Merged into main thread

Default Re: Is this mod dead?

It was actually in the end of 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by gummz View Post
    Is this mod dead?

The "preview" was released in 2008...
    The preview for Kingdom of the Scots 3 was made in 2008. It was also released in 2008.

Kingdom of the Scots 4 has become Kingdom of the Isles and is a greatly expanded project that is very much alive.

Even a cursory glance at this thread would have made this obvious.

"Is this mod dead?" threads like this serve only to annoy those working on the mod, especially when its only been 8 days since one of us posted on this forum.

Progress has been slower than we would have liked and it will still be some time before a release but our small dedicated team will get there in the end (and in our own good time).
    Last edited by The Bruce; July 19, 2010 at 07:41 AM.

Kjertesvein's Avatar Remember to smile
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by The Border Reiver View Post
    @Makrell & Sivilombudsmannen....I think it would be interesting to have the Earldom of Orkney or Norway in the mod as a "what if" scenario, but we made the choice to include "need to be" factions only.
    Roger.
    Norse units will appear in game as mercenaries only.
    Ok, can I see which units we are talking about?

~Wille
    Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.
    - The pranks played on the knight Jean de Joinville, 1249, 7th crusade.

http://imgur.com/a/DMm19
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by gummz View Post
    (from "is this mod dead?" thread) The "preview" was released in 2008...

No the project is not dead, it has a pulse, and in turn a heartbeat. I have actually been working on it today, but as our team is part time and small, it will be done when it is done.
    Last edited by The Bruce; July 29, 2010 at 11:24 PM. Reason: merged into main thread

Quote Originally Posted by The Border Reiver View Post
    No the project is not dead, it has a pulse, and in turn a heartbeat. I have actually been working on it today, but as our team is part time and small, it will be done when it is done.
    The OP obviously didn't have a clue. The mod we previewed in 2008 was also released in 2008 (KOTS3).

If he meant KOTI then its even sillier to assume that the mod might be dead given that we have posted here so recently.

DELAYED? yes.

DEAD? wtf.
    Last edited by The Bruce; July 20, 2010 at 05:19 PM. Reason: Insulting to OP

looks awesome, I wish you guys luck.
    would there be a possibility that you will add The Duchy of Brittany in future versions?

"Close your eyes, Pray for Plagues"

The Breton War of Succession is an interesting conflict in the Hundred Years War but seems pretty localised in the grand scheme of things. Perhaps Charles of Blois and John of Montfort could appear as characters spawned in Brittany at an appropriate time and with armies on the appropriate side (France or England). The problem would be ensuring that this occurs in context as these events happened after 1341 which is a long way into any campaign. We could perhaps have some scripting that meant the area was prone to dispute with the protagonists loyal to either the French or English crown.

However I doubt we would consider adding Brittany as a faction. We have far too much work to do adding the factions we have already announced!
    Last edited by The Bruce; July 21, 2010 at 06:15 AM.

\Vazul's Ghost/'s Avatar Senator

I'll just take the opportunity here to mention that I have been following your work for a while now guy's, and I respect the amount of work you have put into this, and the steady trail of posts you've given to let the community know that you're still alive. Don't let guys like the OP get you down because there are a lot of us silent supporters here that are excited about your work and looking forward to seeing more of it.
    γνῶθι σεαυτόν ~ μηδὲν ἄγαν

Seems I have made a mistake, I apologise my ignorance.

Cheers Vazul & Seleukos!

Gummz, apology accepted.

I will shortly delete this thread I think....

(or merge into main thread actually)
    Last edited by The Bruce; July 29, 2010 at 11:25 PM. Reason: merged into main thread

I would like to re-appear here to moral boost, i've been around KOTS since the begining also, TBR is a great modder and informative about his work.
    Instead of posting these threads, post a little question in an existing thread or on the wall of a team member.

This project is worked on for no pay, its done for love, so it is understandable that the time its released is precisely when its meant to be released. There are no delays in labors of love!

Patrician

Thanks guys, for all the posts. Gummz, no problems. At least you cam back and posted, many would never have.

Archaon, I appreciate your thoughts here, and I also appreciate your scripting, which I have added to the mod

Mulattothrasher's Avatar Vicarius

Can't wait to play this when it come out. You certainly have a fan here! If my interests in the Celts was A.D. in the Medieval period and not B.C. La Tene (300-50 B.C.) I would certainly join you guys and help out. I hope to translate the character and towns into old Scottish Gaelic (I'm an immersion freak) when y'all are done with this fine mod in progress.

Hello Border Reiver and all you BRILLIANT TRUSTY AND HARD WORKING KINSFOLK!!!!!!!! How are things progressing?? Like Vazul there are lots of us who await with baited breath and much anticipation for the next battlefest!!! I just wish that there was something that I could do to help?? Onwards - Ever Onwards my indigenous brethern!!!!!

Slangevar!!!
    Madscot