Thread: My kingdom for a skin!

Gigantus's Avatar I am thinking more about running away now then I did as a kid, but by the time I put my teeth in, my glasses on and find my car keys I forget why I am going.
    Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Modding Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default My kingdom for a skin!

I am back with more noob stuff: can someone point me to a tutorial that explains skinning? Preferably one that doesn't require a university degree and professional programs that cost a fortune.

I graduated to allocating strat models to their skeleton (marvelous tut - made myself a PDF copy of it), but a tutorial for battle models wouldn't hurt either, especially with all those comments...

TMK's Avatar BC Local Moderator

Default Re: My kingdom for a skin!

Gigantus's Avatar I am thinking more about running away now then I did as a kid, but by the time I put my teeth in, my glasses on and find my car keys I forget why I am going.

Blog Entries

Great, I'll go through them - and come crying back most likely.

Edit: the tome has the UV unwrapping - that has been my Armageddon so far. Cross fingers I get the hang of it.
    Last edited by Gigantus; July 21, 2012 at 12:40 PM.

BM309K58SMERCH's Avatar Centenarius

A quick note is that LithUnwrapper can make a UV map but much smaller (512x512) than the required dimensions (1024x1024). You might need to use it only to define what type of mapping will the model describe (like a flat side view of the model, or a long rectagle like a flattened cylinder).

Blog Entries

Converting RTW models to M2TW (which have small texture sizes) has actually persuaded me to use large (1024) textures - it just looks washed out otherwise (unless I messed up something there, too)