Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Ramadan Karim to fellow Muslims

Poet's Avatar Praepositus

Default Ramadan Karim to fellow Muslims

"I have always held the religion of Muhammad in high estimation because of its wonderful vitality. It is the only religion which appears to me to possess that assimilating capacity to the changing phase of existence which can make itself appeal to every age. I have studied him - the wonderful man and in my opinion far from being an anti-Christ, he must be called the Saviour of Humanity. I believe that if a man like him were to assume the dictatorship of the modern world, he would succeed in solving its problems in a way that would bring it the much needed peace and happiness: I have prophesied about the faith of Muhammad that it would be acceptable to the Europe of tomorrow as it is beginning to be acceptable to the Europe of today." 'The Genuine Islam,' Vol. 1, No. 8, 1936.Sir George Bernard Shaw

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

Default Re: Ramadan Karim to fellow Muslims

Care to explain a little about this tradition to us?
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Baal View Post
    Care to explain a little about this tradition to us?
    Google could do this better, but to be precise, Muslim adults without any ailment, weakness or traveling are bound to leave eating and drinking after hearing first call for prayers (before sun rise) and they are allowed to eat and drink after call for Maghrib prayers (sun set). In return Allah promises to bless them especially for this sacrifice of human desires (hunger, thirst, sex).
    "I have always held the religion of Muhammad in high estimation because of its wonderful vitality. It is the only religion which appears to me to possess that assimilating capacity to the changing phase of existence which can make itself appeal to every age. I have studied him - the wonderful man and in my opinion far from being an anti-Christ, he must be called the Saviour of Humanity. I believe that if a man like him were to assume the dictatorship of the modern world, he would succeed in solving its problems in a way that would bring it the much needed peace and happiness: I have prophesied about the faith of Muhammad that it would be acceptable to the Europe of tomorrow as it is beginning to be acceptable to the Europe of today." 'The Genuine Islam,' Vol. 1, No. 8, 1936.Sir George Bernard Shaw

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

ramadan?
    Just a word would have been enough.
    Merry ramadan?

Does "Ramadan" mean "starvation" in muslim?

Quote Originally Posted by mishkin View Post
    ramadan?
    Just a word would have been enough.
    Merry ramadan?
    Yeah merry ramadan is good. Thank you.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Severus Snape View Post
    Wow, am i going to ask a citizen for respect?
    Edit: Merry Ramadan, and come on Severus...

Here you go;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramadan

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    Here you go[/url]
    Man, are you ready for people kidding?
    I sincerly respect your religion, but i can see trolls coming.

Quote Originally Posted by mishkin View Post
    Wow, am i going to ask a citizen for respect?
    Edit: Merry Ramadan, and come on Severus...
    I am genuinely curious.

I was genuinely curious. Thanks a lot for the explanation Poet! One can never know how information like this might be handy (like being host of a friend that is Muslim), or simply a interesting conversation topic.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.

Ramadan ghayr Karem, with MBC Switching to gay Ancient shows instead of bringing back game of thrones and The Tudors. I Want Arab's got talent instead of some retarded series on some Called omar Al khatab. Anyways ramadan started today for us here in saudi arabia

Blog Entries

I am genuinely curious.
    And i am Elvis

I am genuinely curious.
    Precisely Ramadan is ninth month of Muslim lunar calender and it is month of fasting for Muslims. If you want to read details please read the wiki link I gave in my post above.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Baal View Post
    I was genuinely curious. Thanks a lot for the explanation Poet! One can never know how information like this might be handy (like being host of a friend that is Muslim), or simply a interesting conversation topic.
    My pleasure. So now you know that you are NOT supposed to visit any Muslim friend in this month if you do not want to see empty refrigerator and dry faces.
    Last edited by Poet; July 20, 2012 at 02:01 PM.

Indefinitely Banned

It cant be healthy to starve like that.Then when your body does eat it thinks it has to store the fat and you get overweight.

Happy Ramadan.God is great.Allhu Achkba.
    I would hate to have to starve i am a greedy pig.
    If i went 8hrs without food i could not walk past a Mc Donalds.

To answer your question without plain retardation.

No, Ramadan does'n have a meaning as far As I know In arabic, Maybe it did in classic arabic

Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    My pleasure. So now you know that you are NOT supposed to visit any Muslim friend in this month if you do not want to see empty refrigerator and dry faces.
    Thanks! Noted!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Cruise View Post
    It cant be healthy to starve like that.Then when your body does eat it thinks it has to store the fat and you get overweight.

Happy Ramadan.God is great.Allhu Achkba.
    I would hate to have to starve i am a greedy pig.
    If i went 8hrs without food i could not walk past a Mc Donalds.
    In fact after Ramadan our health is much better than it used to be before Ramadan. Less fat and much stamina. People do all type of work in offices or odd jobs during fasting and they don't die.

And oh it can't be spiritually healthy to have a look at your signature in Ramadan. Man you, and your obsession with such sigs and avatars.

Indefinitely Banned

I only have 1 muslim friend from Algeria and i am sure he drinks soup very early when he wakes up then starves.Maybe he drinks it before prayer or after really early in the morning.Maybe 5ish.??
    I respect people that can do these things for god.I mean it takes effort.It brings focus and decipline.
    Last edited by John ''True Grit'' Wayne; July 20, 2012 at 02:14 PM.

saxdude's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

I presume you at least drink at some period everyday, I find it hard to believe that you go without injesting everyday for a month without dying in mass. I dont know enough about the tradition to afirm something or another.

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast