Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Total Effect Points Info v1.2 [TATW 3.2] - 21-Nov: minor update

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

Default Total Effect Points Info v1.2 [TATW 3.2] - 21-Nov: minor update

Total Effect Points Info v1.2

TATW 3.2 and is save game compatible.
    It is included in Withwnar's Submod Collection.

[21 Nov 2012] v1.2 - minor update. See the Change Log.
    [4 Aug 2012] v1.1 - Movement points trait added. As a result this submod has been renamed from "Population Growth Trait Submod".

This submod adds two special traits to all player faction's generals that displays his total Squalor penalty (and its impact on Population Growth) and Movement Points bonus.

The traits do not affect the bonuses/penalties in any way. They simply provide a quick way to see what the totals are.

If one of these traits is not present for a general then he has zero points for that effect.

The traits are recalculated at the start of each turn. They simply check the general's total points in that effect. i.e. They are not checking what traits/ancillaries he has which means that if another submod adds new traits/ancillaries that affect Squalor/Movement, or changes the Squalor/Movement amounts of existing traits/ancillaries, then this submod will continue to work correctly.

Total Squalor
    Squalor and Respect are the only attributes/effects of a general that affect Population Growth in TATW 3.2. Respect is easy: 7 or more and you get a 0.5% Growth bonus. Squalor is not so simple:
    1. Various traits affect Squalor so you need to scroll through a general's trait descriptions and sum all of his +/- Squalor penalties.
    2. If any ancillaries affect Squalor then those need to be included in the summing. (No vanilla TATW 3.2 ancillaries affect Squalor.)
    3. Your sum calculation could be wrong because some traits have the wrong Squalor amount in their description*.

* Actually, most traits have wrong descriptions regarding Squalor: typically 1 less than what their descriptions say, including some really being 0 when it says -1. And I repeat: no ancillaries have Squalor effects even though about 10 of them say that they do. This has been reported in the Bugs thread.

The total Squalor points are displayed in the trait name, e.g. "Squalor: -2". NOTE: this is not -2%, it is just the number of points he has for Squalor. How that translates to % Population Growth depends on whether it is a city or castle; this info is in the trait description. So the trait name gives you a quick idea of how good or bad his Squalor is (-9 = best, +9 = worst) and the trait description tells you what impact that should have on a city/castle Squalor % and, therefore, Population Growth %.

Bear in mind that this trait is only looking at Squalor, not Respect. i.e. The trait's displayed Population Growth % value does not include the 0.5% bonus from a 7+ Respect.

Total Movement
    Similar to Total Squalor, this simply sums up and displays as a percentage the general's total Movement Points bonus.

In TATW 3.2 some ancillaries do affect Movement Points so unlike Total Squalor this one truly is working on both traits and ancillaries.

Installation & Compatibility

In the following the "mod" folder means the Third_Age folder, typically something like "C:\Programs\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age_3".

There are two downloads:

1. PGBT_1.2_Tatw3.2Vanilla.zip - for vanilla TATW 3.2 only: extract it into the mod folder, answering "yes" to any "overwrite?" prompts.
    2. PGBT_1.2_Tatw3.2ManualMerge.zip - for manually merging into a non-vanilla TATW 3.2 (e.g. one that contains other submods). Unzip anywhere and follow the "Merging" instructions.

It is save game compatible.

The manual merge will work in any version of TATW (not just 3.2), indeed any M2TW game or mod. However, the points-to-% calculations are based on TATW 3.2 mechanics. It could be that these are still correct in TATW 3.0/3.1 but I'm almost positive that they will be wrong in earlier versions and other mods.
    Change Log
    • v1.2
      • Squalor trait reworded: now "Squalor penalty" instead of "Squalor bonus".
    • v1.1
      • Added Movement trait.
      • Renamed submod and its coding prefix: from pcbt_ to seti_.
      • Squalor trait names now "Total Squalor" instead of just "Squalor".
    • v1.0
      • Initial release.

Permissions
    See "Permissions" in this thread.

DOWNLOADS:
    TEPI_1.2_Tatw3.2Vanilla.zip
    TEPI_1.2_Tatw3.2ManualMerge.zip
    Last edited by Withwnar; April 04, 2015 at 04:28 AM.

smoesville's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: Population Growth Bonus Trait v1.0 [TATW 3.2]

Very nice, makes it a lot easier than trawling through all the characters traits
    Were there but a tree in this godforsaken place i would have hanged myself.

Tell me about it. This was originally also going to do Health, Farming, and anything else that affects Growth. But upon starting I discovered that Squalor is the only one in 3.2. I was kind of disappointed by that: all fired up for the challenge I was.

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Excellent work man!
    You continue to impress me
    This is a great addition to my campaigns!
    (Have to spread some rep...)

Thanks. I dropped this into my current campaign and was quite shocked by what it told me: my high Respect governors were actually doing more harm than good. I could have worked that out anyway, of course, if I could be bothered sifting through trait descriptions. But even then I would have been fooled because one of them says "-1 Squalor" when in fact it has no Squalor bonus at all. That reminds me: I should report that bug.

dannyalex's Avatar Campidoctor

this must be part of the next or this version 100%
    Most Chivalrous commander 2020-2021

Wowza, yet another amazing script. I was wondering if you could briefly describe how they broke the traits, as I'm just not seeing it. I did some searching in the workshop but only found your thread on the subject.

Thanks alleycat. I have a thread on the subject? I can't think what that one is. Maybe I don't understand the question: do you mean how has Health been disabled as a Pop Growth thing?

I don't have the files here so the names are only approximate...
    settlement_mechanics.xml : SPF_HEALTH has been set to zero. I'm new to this file myself so I'm no expert but it did seem to make sense: the numbers matched what I was seeing in game. I don't quite get the Respect thing though, why 7? There's a good tutorial on this file which helped a lot.

Thank a bunch Withwnar, yes that is what I ment. I'll find the tutorial. The thread I found on this subject was one you started when researching this script.

No problem. This is the guide: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=253598

For my thread the only one I can think of is very old: the first question I ever asked in the Workshop I believe. Feels like a lifetime ago. Ah, sweet resolution.

Libertus

finally, a submod with a save game compatibility!
    i'm tierd of saying to myself:"i will download it after i will finish my current campaign"

Default Re: Total Effect Points Info v1.1 [TATW 3.2] - Movement trait added

A new version: v1.1. It adds a new total Movement Points trait. As a result this submod is no longer just a "Population Growth Bonus Trait" so it has been renamed.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

This is a very useful submod. Thanks!

Stylix's Avatar MOS Team Member

Looks very useful, may be contacting you.
    MOS v1.6.2+ Bug fixer 30 Dec 2013

Something that should be in the game as standard to be honest, tis a great job, well done!
    Last edited by Curufin; August 06, 2012 at 04:01 PM.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Smooth
    Will it be part of WSC later on?

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

You betcha.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

that's cool

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Tested it a lot in the upcoming MOS yesterday btw, as cino reminds me: very handy tool!
    The kind of mods I like the best, the practical ones (well beside such epic ones like SAUS or DCI then )

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

This is very handy, great idea Withwnar
    +1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast