View Poll Results: Which team do you support?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • Arizona Cardinals

1 1.14%
  • Atlanta Falcons

2 2.27%
  • Baltimore Ravens

3 3.41%
  • Buffalo Bills

1 1.14%
  • Carolina Panthers

3 3.41%
  • Chicago Bears

6 6.82%
  • Cincinnati Bengals

1 1.14%
  • Cleveland Browns

0 0%
  • Dallas Cowboys

4 4.55%
  • Denver Broncos

3 3.41%
  • Detroit Lions

2 2.27%
  • Green Bay Packers

3 3.41%
  • Houston Texans

3 3.41%
  • Indianapolis Colts

6 6.82%
  • Jacksonville Jaguars

0 0%
  • Kansas City Chiefs

1 1.14%
  • Miami Dolphins

1 1.14%
  • Minnesota Vikings

4 4.55%
  • New England Patriots

11 12.50%
  • New Orleans Saints

2 2.27%
  • New York Jets

3 3.41%
  • New York Giants

5 5.68%
  • Oakland Raiders

1 1.14%
  • Philadelphia Eagles

0 0%
  • Pittsburgh Steelers

6 6.82%
  • San Diego Chargers

3 3.41%
  • San Francisco 49ers

2 2.27%
  • Seattle Seahawks

2 2.27%
  • St. Louis Rams

2 2.27%
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers

4 4.55%
  • Tennessee Titans

0 0%
  • Washington Redskins

3 3.41%
Page 4 of 122 FirstFirst 12345678910111213142954104 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 NFL Season Thread

Default Re: 2012 NFL Season Thread

Okay, whoever the Seahawks fan on here is I'm going to break this down for you as kindly as I can.

You're team is going to have a lot of issues if they don't cut TO before the regular season. He's a miserable, selfish, washed up player who just stops playing hard when he doesn't feel it's worth it. I saw him do this in Buffalo again and again. He's a cancer, he divides locker rooms and drives wedges between players and coaches. He's just playing for you right now so he can pay his child support. Even if he has some gas left in the tank, the headache he brings just isn't worth it, not when you have a younger, more talented player in Braylon Edwards still on the roster and by all reports having a great camp.

Patronized by the mighty Heinz Guderian

Ascarona's Avatar Praeses

I want to follow the NFL season abroad, anyone know any good sites to do so? I'd like to know more about this wonderfull sport , I watched the two previous superbowls and loved them, but I still don't exactly know whats going on. No clue who I should be supporting neither, I supported the Patriots in the last superbowl. I'll probably support them in this season as well.

What's this fantasy football you guys are all on about?
    “Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.”

Scipio Afracanis's Avatar Protector Domesticus

NFL.com or Yahoo Sports.

Fantasy football is when a group of football fans divide up the elite players of the game in a draft and build teams to compete against others. Speculating what individual players will do during there regular season. If you don't a have a team per se its a good way to get to know so and so QB on this team or so and so Running Back on that team. That way you root for a dozen or so players on a few different teams, all you care about is there production each week regardless if there real life team wins.
    Last edited by Scipio Afracanis; August 07, 2012 at 04:59 AM.
    2010 ,2012,2014 World Series Champions: San Francisco Giants
    1962, 1989, 2002

Quote Originally Posted by Ascarona View Post
    I supported the Patriots in the last superbowl. I'll probably support them in this season as well.
    Your making a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_K_1 View Post
    They tried to protest in Glasgow and someone was raped at their camp. Moral of the story is children: do not camp overnight in Glasgow City Centre.
    Post of The Year 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Ima Farmathar View Post
    knowing what is about to happen I whisper in her ear,
    “do you know what makes us different from other animals?, We follow our prey, a lion or a tiger gets bored and follows something else, we persist” -------------------------------------------------------------------
    yhea i once did that, to a girl in higschool, i pressured her until she agreed to go sailing in a 10 ft baue, but she almost drowned so i no longer try that

Rooting for the colts this year(even though they got rid of their offence), and watch while they slowly rebuild. They probably won't make the playoff this year so I'll root for the Broncos and the Giants when they get there. Hopfully the colts can get some more draft picks and get some more tallent after this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Scipio Afracanis View Post
    NFL.com or Yahoo Sports.

Fantasy football is when a group of football fans divide up the elite players of the game in a draft and build teams to compete against others. Speculating what individual players will do during there regular season. If you don't a have a team per se its a good way to get to know so and so QB on this team or so and so Running Back on that team. That way you root for a dozen or so players on a few different teams, all you care about is there production each week regardless if there real life team wins.
    Okay, I'll try to make a team like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post
    Your making a mistake.
    , care to elaborate?
    “Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.”

, care to elaborate?
    They are on the way down. Best bet is to do some research into american football, look at all 32 teams, maybe try to watch a game or two, and go from that. Don't just pick the Pats... please.

Ever need anything about the game explained, post here.

Edit: And TWC has a Fantasy football league, you're more than welcome to join. Theres a thread on it.
    Last edited by frozenprince; August 07, 2012 at 03:48 PM.

jukeness's Avatar Domesticus

I kind of like the Patriots, I really like the way they coach and manage their team. They are smart in the fact that when Green Ellis did good they knew he would demand a bigger contract so they let him go and repeat with someone else. Belichik is such a good coach, he really knows how to use his players and has great schemes.

I'm just sick and tired of hearing about them. Seriously media, we get it, Tebow is Jesus and the Hoody can do no wrong.

Scipio Afracanis's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I love that the Pats will go down in history for blowing possibly the best sports season in USA history.

And followed it up with another loss last year SB. I can appreciate the way they run there organization, they keep reloading in draft and FA. Great coach and QB combo, there success but I want them to lose more than any other team. Even the Saints and Packers. Hope da Bills thump them and bury Brady under a pile of man meat.
    2010 ,2012,2014 World Series Champions: San Francisco Giants
    1962, 1989, 2002

Quote Originally Posted by frozenprince View Post
    They are on the way down. Best bet is to do some research into american football, look at all 32 teams, maybe try to watch a game or two, and go from that. Don't just pick the Pats... please.

Ever need anything about the game explained, post here.

Edit: And TWC has a Fantasy football league, you're more than welcome to join. Theres a thread on it.
    Don't assume I haven't done research on the teams. I just prefer the ones with a strong fanbase. I support Feyenoord (Dutch football team) for the same reasons, a legendary fan base that never gives up on its team.

I kind of need an NFL team like that, Pats just look like a team that has that.

Quote Originally Posted by Scipio Afracanis View Post
    I love that the Pats will go down in history for blowing possibly the best sports season in USA history.

And followed it up with another loss last year SB. I can appreciate the way they run there organization, they keep reloading in draft and FA. Great coach and QB combo, there success but I want them to lose more than any other team. Even the Saints and Packers. Hope da Bills thump them and bury Brady under a pile of man meat.
    You have no idea how much I want that

And on another note, they haven't drafted well at ALL over the past few seasons, sure they got lucky with Gronk and Hernandez, but I'm struggling to think of any players they've drafted recently that still have a major impact.

As a michigan fan, I love Tom Brady. As a Bills fan, I hope he retires SOON so the pats can go back to being the laughing stock of the NFL again.

Don't assume I haven't done research on the teams. I just prefer the ones with a strong fanbase. I support Feyenoord (Dutch football team) for the same reasons, a legendary fan base that never gives up on its team.

I wasen't assuming anything. Damn man I was just giving suggestions. The Pats current fan base I doubt even knows just how bad they always used to be. Once they slink back into mediocrity things will change very quickly with their fan base.

Sides, I root for the team with the longest playoff drought in the league (the MF'ing lions got there before my team) so I know what it's like to never give up on your team. This is the first year since we signed J.P. Losman (so. much. hate) that I feel we have a chance to have a good year.
    Last edited by frozenprince; August 07, 2012 at 04:59 PM.

I support Feyenoord (Dutch football team) for the same reasons, a legendary fan base that never gives up on its team.
    Sounds like Oakland is for you. They're so dedicated to their team, they shoot opposing supporters....

The Pats fan base is solid because they've had a good 10 year run. Before that, you could throw it on par with the average NFL team/fan base.

Quote Originally Posted by Celsius View Post
    Sounds like Oakland is for you. They're so dedicated to their team, they shoot opposing supporters....

The Pats fan base is solid because they've had a good 10 year run. Before that, you could throw it on par with the average NFL team/fan base.
    I would think the best fan bases are the Bengals, Browns, Lions, and Saints. Simply for just how bad they've been for how many years now.

therussian's Avatar Use your imagination

Warning: Language

True fan right there

House of the Caesars | Under the Patronage of Comrade Trance Crusader. Proud Patron of Comrades Shadow_Imperator, Zenith Darksea, Final Frontier and Plutarch | Second Generation| ex-Eagle Standard Editor| Consilium de Civitate | Album Reviews

Sounds like every fan ever after any loss.

therussian's Avatar Use your imagination

Except he's a Browns fan. Not only does he root for the Browns, he also lives in Cleveland. CLEVELAND!

House of the Caesars | Under the Patronage of Comrade Trance Crusader. Proud Patron of Comrades Shadow_Imperator, Zenith Darksea, Final Frontier and Plutarch | Second Generation| ex-Eagle Standard Editor| Consilium de Civitate | Album Reviews

jukeness's Avatar Domesticus

Poor Cleaveland sports.

*sigh* The poor Browns....
    You've GOT to have a strong heart to stick with those guys. Ohio should just convert to a full on support of the Reds and see where baseball takes them.

Quote Originally Posted by Celsius View Post
    *sigh* The poor Browns....
    You've GOT to have a strong heart to stick with those guys. Ohio should just convert to a full on support of the Reds and see where baseball takes them.
    Brandon Weeden is exemplary of just why they never get better. When your answer to a team that is steadily improving is to draft a 29 year old Quarterback to fix the problems on your young but quasi talented team. You don't EVER get better.

It's almost comical if it weren't for the fact that there are a ton of pissed off fans that want the team to actually NOT suck.