Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast

Thread: Battlefield 4

Default Re: Battlefield 4

Quote Originally Posted by Holger Danske View Post
    What was revolutionary about BF3?... Reintroduction of jets and a pathetic destructible environment?
    It looked pretty but that's about it.

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

There's nothing much revolutionary about BF3, except perhaps maybe the engine that pushed the limits of the current technological lineup. It is a very good evolutionary example.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

Comes Domesticorum

The engine could have been revolutionary if we were given the fully destructible environment which was intiially promised.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthShizNit View Post
    I still feel the ww2 setting has been played out. We got half a decade of nothing but WW2, let it rest in peace lol. Vietnam, Korea, the Future are still there waiting for us.
    How has the WWII setting been "played out"? When is the last time a really good WWII game was released? Seriously, the last time a decent WWII game was released was the first two Brothers in Arms. That was what, 6-7 years ago? Since then all we have had is modern warfare game after modern warfare game shoved down our throats. WWII genre got "played out" a long time ago and hasn't had a good game to represent it for a LONG time...

Revolutionary at this point would mean having no unlockable weapons. Unfortunately they will not engage is such logical behavior.

I'm tired of this goldeneye console gamer .
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

Quote Originally Posted by brandbll View Post
    How has the WWII setting been "played out"? When is the last time a really good WWII game was released? Seriously, the last time a decent WWII game was released was the first two Brothers in Arms. That was what, 6-7 years ago? Since then all we have had is modern warfare game after modern warfare game shoved down our throats. WWII genre got "played out" a long time ago and hasn't had a good game to represent it for a LONG time...
    Half the games I own are about ww2...yeah I'm gonna call it played out. I've killed enough Nazi's to last me ten life times.

Holger Danske's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Basileos Leandros I View Post
    There's nothing much revolutionary about BF3, except perhaps maybe the engine that pushed the limits of the current technological lineup. It is a very good evolutionary example.
    I wonder what those so-called limits where? Scale was certainly not one of them.

Eitherway if BF4 isn't BF2143 and if BF2143 doesn't reintroduce Commander, customizable 6 man squads, actual large maps, removes origin, and adds VoIP, has no Premium, then no amount of fanzy trailers will convince me to throw money at it. BF3 did, afterall, teach me that lesson.
    Last edited by Holger Danske; February 19, 2013 at 03:12 AM.

I wonder what those so-called limits where? Scale was certainly not one of them.

Eitherway if BF4 isn't BF2143 and if BF2143 doesn't reintroduce Commander, customizable 6 man squads, actual large maps, removes origin, and adds VoIP, has no Premium, then no amount of fanzy trailers will convince me to throw money at it. BF3 did, afterall, teach me that lesson.
    Agree'd. Although I'll even accept another ww2 or modern setting if I can get 6 man squads and commander position. But if it's just going to be BF3 (a game which I still actually enjoy despite my gripes) with fancier graphics and more guns then I see no reasons to buy the game. EA, give me back my squad mates!

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Limits didnt go anywhere if you ask me. The addition of total destruction was nice and all but the player limit of 24 on consoles kinda equalizes everything. I should really get BF3 on PC but dont feel like forking over a load of cash for the same maps again post premium.

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

64-player maps on Bandar Desert kind of pushed the limits, that map was humongous.

I do wish however we had like 20 tanks available on each side right from the start and some artillery to back it up.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

I don't expect them to show anything today. They stated last week or so that they feel they are closing in on a official reveal, but that is something like 90 days (3 months) away.

http://ask.fm/Bigglelito <------- Ask me somethin' dagnabbit!

We shall see. Though 3 months seems a bit of a stretch.

As I said. Nothing.

I expect something from them at or around the time of E3, probably a bit sooner than that.

In any case, I think it'd be a mistake to start the marketing bandwagon before the release of End Game, the last DLC for BF3.

http://ask.fm/Bigglelito <------- Ask me somethin' dagnabbit!

Yeah I'm assuiming that after End Game drops they won't waste to much time.

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

They wont market anything till after End Game.

What was revolutionary about BF3?... Reintroduction of jets and a pathetic destructible environment?
    Find me a shooter with better sound design. Weapons have proper "oomph" to them, explosions are loud, background chatter is badass. The sound alone did alot for the immersion, more so than any other game I've played.
    Last edited by Norge; February 21, 2013 at 08:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Norge View Post
    Find me a shooter with better sound design. Weapons have proper "oomph" to them, explosions are loud, background chatter is badass. The sound alone did alot for the immersion, more so than any other game I've played.
    Also the suppression thing when it gets blurry when someone shoots near you is fantastic. Easily the most realistic shooter ever. Although I don't know if I would go so far as to call it "revolutionary"

I was disappointed that we didn't get the reveal for BF4 at the Playstation Meeting yesterday. Guess they're waiting for E3.

Comes Domesticorum

Indeed, Battlefield 3 is super realistic. I remember talking to some Iraq War Veterans who had taken 2 .50 Caliber shots to the head and only lost 75% health.

they need to bring back the level of building & terrain destruction found in Bad Company 2. they definitely dialed it down quite a bit for Battlefield 3. terrain was much less prone to destruction in BF3 than in BC2 where towards the end of a round the ground would be full of craters in the high traffic areas. craters are a very valuable tactic to use against tanks as it disrupts their aiming as they tumble in and out of them, and they also hide mines better as they are mostly kept out of plain view. it also improves infantry fighting as craters can serve as pseudo fox holes. BF3 did improve in some areas, like trees falling over when struck, but they should go all out for the next title.

and for the love of all that is good PLEASE DO NOT USE THE SAME COLOR GRADING AS BF3. not everything has to be super contrast-y and dark as hell with tints of blues and greys. believe it or not there are colors in nature!

although special care should be taken so that it isn't an over-saturated happy mess either.
    Last edited by snuggans; February 21, 2013 at 09:28 AM.