Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: Battlefield 4

Nota''s Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Battlefield 4

Its nowhere near release so no, we don't know anything about it. No trailers, no betas. I think the MOH thing is the first anyone has heard of it.

I'm hoping for a Battlefield 2142 sequel, still love that game, in fact I played it last night. Titan gameplay is just awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Mando75 View Post
    I'm hoping for a Battlefield 2142 sequel, still love that game, in fact I played it last night. Titan gameplay is just awesome
    THIS

Aanker's Avatar Concordant

Here's to hoping it's at least not set in the modern era.

Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    Russia have managed to weaponize the loneliest and saddest people on the internet by providing them with (sometimes barechested) father figures whom they can adhere to in order to justify their hatred for the current establishment and the society that rejects them.

UNDER THE PROUD PATRONAGE OF ABBEWS
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

I think it will still be in the modern era. But they havnt released any info as of yet so who knows. Just have to wonder if the title is in development as BF4 or if it will be BF4. If its BF4 it will prob continue from BF3.

Turkeys!'s Avatar Praepositus

They already confirmed it will be set modern same as Battlefield 3.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/...modern-setting
    Like Neverwinter Nights? Wondering where to go now that the old NWN Vault is gone? Come visit the new one at http://neverwintervault.org/!

Valkar's Avatar Senator

Am i the only one who thinks the Modern Warfare theme is getting ripped off? I mean, come on people, wouldn't it be a fantastic idea if DICE would try another setting, instead of following COD and Treyarch/Infinityward who are literally raping the modern warfare setting.

Darn i just miss Battlefield 1942 and Battlefield Vietnam. BC2 Vietnam was good tough, a real expansion pack, way batter than those rip off DLC from BF3.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkar View Post
    Am i the only one who thinks the Modern Warfare theme is getting ripped off? I mean, come on people, wouldn't it be a fantastic idea if DICE would try another setting, instead of following COD and Treyarch/Infinityward who are literally raping the modern warfare setting.

Darn i just miss Battlefield 1942 and Battlefield Vietnam. BC2 Vietnam was good tough, a real expansion pack, way batter than those rip off DLC from BF3.
    I miss BF 1942 as well. And yer right, the modern warfare theme is getting old and they need to go back to WWII. 10 years ago it was the other way around. All the games were WWII and we got sick of it. I don't understand why these companies all have to make games from the same era and can't mix things up a little. But what do I know, I just buy the games.

I personally wouldn't mind a Korea war themed one, a mix between vietnam and ww2, something new that isn't modern warfare. I still think ww2 and vietnam (BC2 Vietnam is my second favorite of them all) have been done enough by the BF franchise. Overall I want a 2143, titan gameplay for the win.

That said, I would be fine if they stayed in the modern era if we freaking got back what made BF2 so great..actual squads, commander positions, artillery, supply drops. All those things that actually made it a TEAM game need to come back for the BF franchise to stand out amongst the crowd. I still want to punch whoever the hell at DICE said "Lets have no in-game voice mechanics."

Modern era means modern weapons, i.e. more attachments, i.e. more unlocks.

I seriously believe that this is a major consideration for game developers nowadays.

http://ask.fm/Bigglelito <------- Ask me somethin' dagnabbit!

Hresvelgr's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Valkar View Post

Battlefield 2 came out before Call of Duty even got into the modern setting. BF2 released in 2005 (and is still the best Battlefield game thanks to mods) and Call of Duty 4 came out in 2007.
    I'm not crazy, I'm the only one who's not crazy!

Scipio Afracanis's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Every time they come out with another BF game and its not WW2 for PC, I die a little inside.
    2010 ,2012,2014 World Series Champions: San Francisco Giants
    1962, 1989, 2002

I really have to see how it packs out. Battlefield 3 was for me personal really revolutionairy, the graphics vehicles and especially the athmosphere was unique. What i wonder is on what console this game will release. If it will not release on the new XBOX or Playstation i highly doubt it will look or play any different from Battlefield 3. Bf3 was already the max for current consoles and had to deal with a low FPS and quite some graphic bugs. Anyways we will see, we dont know anything about the game yet so giving conclusions would be a bit stupid for now

Quote Originally Posted by DarthShizNit View Post
    I personally wouldn't mind a Korea war themed one, a mix between vietnam and ww2, something new that isn't modern warfare. I still think ww2 and vietnam (BC2 Vietnam is my second favorite of them all) have been done enough by the BF franchise. Overall I want a 2143, titan gameplay for the win.

That said, I would be fine if they stayed in the modern era if we freaking got back what made BF2 so great..actual squads, commander positions, artillery, supply drops. All those things that actually made it a TEAM game need to come back for the BF franchise to stand out amongst the crowd. I still want to punch whoever the hell at DICE said "Lets have no in-game voice mechanics."
    The ingame voiced radio commands were annoying as hell lol,people spamming them all over the chat. And there wasnt much teamwork in bf2 either. I bet if they made another futuristic BF there would be loads of morons saying they ripped off BO2 lol.
    Last edited by beckyolt; February 04, 2013 at 06:50 AM.
    EA Releases its version of Cyberpunk 2077 trailer
    ˙ǝsɐǝןd „ƃuıןןoɹʇ„ ǝuıɟǝp

Battlefield 3 has such a huge content, many people will stick to it when BF4 will be released because of the lack of content it will have.
    French commentaries for TW and RTS:http://www.youtube.com/user/leviath40

After the fantasy CoD wannabe game that was BF3 I don't think I will purchase a BF4.

Also can they make a game without unlocks please? Tired of that console .
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

Quote Originally Posted by leviath View Post
    Battlefield 3 has such a huge content, many people will stick to it when BF4 will be released because of the lack of content it will have.
    no they wont. Its ing CoD with actual modern graphics, people don't stick with CoD 4 they wont stick with BF3.

BF2 is another thing, because that game has merit. BF3 is just a funzies arcade shooter.
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

I like the games with unlocks. I dont want all the weapons and techs at game start then it will just get boring really quick. Giving unlocks extend the life of the game. I spent months trying to unlock all the weapons. Now I dont play so much because its just the same battles over and over.

However, I dont know what they will do with a remake of 1942. There are only so many weapons to unlock.

Quote Originally Posted by MathiasOfAthens View Post
    I like the games with unlocks. I dont want all the weapons and techs at game start then it will just get boring really quick. Giving unlocks extend the life of the game. I spent months trying to unlock all the weapons. Now I dont play so much because its just the same battles over and over.

However, I dont know what they will do with a remake of 1942. There are only so many weapons to unlock.
    I dislike unlocks. Id rather start with all weapons and then start mastering one or two from a large selection - and when I get bored of those, I can just choose another weapon from that large pool - rather than just doing a grind with a few weapons that will get me bored, then unlock some new weapons that will get boring as well as I grind with those for the top weapons. If a game should rely on grinding to extend its lifetime its not much of a fun game.
    Last edited by beckyolt; February 04, 2013 at 07:27 AM.
    EA Releases its version of Cyberpunk 2077 trailer
    ˙ǝsɐǝןd „ƃuıןןoɹʇ„ ǝuıɟǝp

Quote Originally Posted by Kanaric View Post
    After the fantasy CoD wannabe game that was BF3 I don't think I will purchase a BF4.

Also can they make a game without unlocks please? Tired of that console .
    Lol common. Call of duty wannabe? COD is complete different then Battlefield 3.