Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast

Thread: Battlefield 4

Default Re: Battlefield 4

Battlefield 3.5.
    I would have loved a 2143 make, but no. They have to follow cods route.

Decanus

Looks so insanely boring.

King_Porus's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Timbab View Post
    Looks so insanely boring.
    Does anyone actually care about this guy's opinion? It looks awesome to me so far and no one us forcing you to buy it so why whine about? Have fun playing COD!

King_Porus's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by eddy_purpus View Post
    Battlefield 3.5.
    I would have loved a 2143 make, but no. They have to follow cods route.
    Actually, Black Ops 2 was set in the future, so technically "following cods route" would mean making a futuristic shooter (bf 2143).

Quote Originally Posted by King_Porus View Post
    Does anyone actually care about this guy's opinion? It looks awesome to me so far and no one us forcing you to buy it so why whine about? Have fun playing COD!
    Since when did stating your opinion about something become "whining"?? And it does sound extremely boring. Meet the new battlefield, same as the last battlefield. DICE has gotten lazy and now is just throwing a new look on yesteryears **** and re-selling it to us.

Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by brandbll View Post
    Since when did stating your opinion about something become "whining"?? And it does sound extremely boring. Meet the new battlefield, same as the last battlefield. DICE has gotten lazy and now is just throwing a new look on yesteryears **** and re-selling it to us.
    Seriously...

I've been a die hard BF fan since '42 came out and even though I was disappointed in BF3, I still had 260+ hours in it.

So far, Battlefield 4 has been nothing but a 'meh', from the fairly premature announcement to those screenshots which look like the same old, same old. If I didn't like that way of making games, why the **** would I play CoD.

Besides, your opinion matters as little as mine. If you want to drink the Kool-Aid, by all means, go straight ahead.

Yeah...there was nothing there that even remotely got me excited...I was actually bored to death by that trailer. See no reason to get it.

GasMask's Avatar Praeses

I did not want to cast my tongue over such things but the new BF3 looks terrible maybe im just not seeing it this time.

Radiso-FIN's Avatar Campidoctor

I agree with most posters here: The screenshots and the trailers didn't got me exited either, but instead only bored me. I can't see what new this title can bring to the series aside of minor adjustments and small gameplay changes and if it won't introduce similar systems from BF2 like commander role and larger squads, I don't see any reason to buy this if I already own BF3.

Decanus

Seriously, why.

It basically looks like BF3.1, not even 3.5.

Barely anything really new. It's singleplayer, so MP won't look like that for the most part, even then, it's basically the same as BF3. Sounds are pretty much identical, from guns down to the jeep. UI is basically nearly the same, it's the same idea and a lot of the icons are copied. Still has that AWFUL blue tint. A lot of animations are similar, gunplay is pretty much a carbon copy. 3D bs spotting is still in, I know it's SP but it seems even worse than in BF3. A lot of the FX are the same, grenade smoke and rockets for one.

Seriously whatever happened to Battlefield (yeah, yeah, I know, EA happened).

But, props to the fire and that it seems to be demo'd on a PC, even though the guy moves/behaves like he's using a controller.

In the end, what do we have?

Spec Ops focused, check.
    Overly absurd Hollywood action, check.
    Small squad, check.
    Game is mostly made out of copied assets, check.
    Barely any innovation, check.
    Using SP to make the game look flashy even though, as everyone knows, it's maybe 5% of the actual game.

Sounds awful like the game that King_Porus mentioned, but yeah I should go play that other game, because it's totally different and way less quality.

Do people even remember what Battlefield actually was? Because this sure as **** isn't it.

Seriously, the ****.
    Last edited by Timbab; March 27, 2013 at 02:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbab View Post
    Do people even remember what Battlefield actually was? Because this sure as **** isn't it.

Seriously, the ****.
    Apparently not. Seriously, this looks terrible, even have the same freaking jeep lol. I like BF3, it's fun and easy, but compared to the rest of the franchise, it blows goats. And this looks like it will blow even more goats.

Comes Domesticorum

Well this was thoroughly disappointing. The graphics look polished up even in SP, but everything else seems bad, for a Battlefield game. Though I suppose that there's no such thing as a "Battlefield" game anymore.

But seriously man, ****ing Russians again?

Quote Originally Posted by Stavroforos View Post
    But seriously man, ****ing Russians again?
    Yep

There will be Chinese too I think. And we haven't even seen MP or know anything about it so I don't understand how you can judge it yet. For me it looks great and really intense. Can't wait.

Because I saw ZERO innovation at all in that trailer, and seeing as how that's how they reveal the game, then it's a halfway decent indicator. They're going to have to seriously revamp the MP with features they haven't used in over half a decade for me to be remotely interested.

sickpeople's Avatar Semisalis

Seriously, was anyone even surprised by this?

Idiots, Idiots never change.

GasMask's Avatar Praeses

I really hope they have some massive changes or this will be a new trend.

And people care about your opinion? And where did he say he played COD?
    EA Releases its version of Cyberpunk 2077 trailer
    ˙ǝsɐǝןd „ƃuıןןoɹʇ„ ǝuıɟǝp

Well it certainly has gone the route of Call of Duty. Over the top, unrealistic, Hollywood action movie style gameplay. Meh. Not what the BF franchise was supposed to be about, but this will be consumed voraciously by the masses. Personally I think the graphics look good but the gameplay is pretty is stale and uninspired. No new mechanics really whatsoever, so it's going to be EA and Activision publishing games each year that are just the same with a bit better graphics... bleh.

Also I'm really getting tired of movies and video games having helicopter gunships that can shoot up the hood of a car or rock the crap out of the ground all around infantry without any harm. Isn't it weird that the Helo can bring down a building but when it shoots the hood of the car it just causes sparks? Sigh. If a round or two from that 30mm cannon hits your little SUV it's going to be DONE. And damn, a 30mm round doesn't even have to hit you as an individual to seriously ruin your day. I'm tired of this crap.

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

Am I the only one who liked this? I expected it to be in the modern setting, and I liked the singleplayer of BF3, so I guess this is up my alley.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!