Page 7 of 597 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516173257107507 ... LastLast

Thread: General Discussion, Announcements

Avatar of the Ice Wolf's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: Announcements

Guess I will have to rack my mind for suggestions on the Wizzrobes, Twili, and Sheikah. On another note... I will consume Hyrule as the Stalfos. They will all die.

West: Foranar- Azurita - The Redeemer - Sinteiria - Sakotae the Guardian (Tavia) - Saleria
    East: Nerise - Kiril

I Think the Twili would work like the River Zora, except maybe they spawn in random places in whatever province you recruit them from instead of rivers.

obviously no rivers.
    Last edited by Mjolnr839; October 27, 2012 at 08:34 AM.

Emrys's Avatar Primicerius

Just a few suggestions:

Ikana- No recruitment. They would start out with massive armies able to lolpwn other factions but have to deal with a inability to reconstitute losses.

Twili- Only allow recruitment from regions with a mirror.

Wizzrobe- It may not be possible, but can you restrict recruitment to religion levels in their territories?

Sheikah- Perhaps give all their soldiers the ability to climb walls and start sieges with a unlimited placement box?

Just a few ideas I had.

Religion would work. It's how the Teutonic Knights recruited in Vanilla Kingdoms.

Quote Originally Posted by Emrys View Post
    Ikana- No recruitment. They would start out with massive armies able to lolpwn other factions but have to deal with a inability to reconstitute losses.
    Not sure about this one. That drastically changes the campaign to the point where balance would be very difficult to achieve.

Perhaps only their best troops can be recruited from regions with a mirror, but I would say that conversion structures would still allow them to recruit most units in any city with said strucutres.

Wizzrobe- It may not be possible, but can you restrict recruitment to religion levels in their territories?
    I like this idea.

Sheikah- Perhaps give all their soldiers the ability to climb walls and start sieges with a unlimited placement box?
    Is it possible to allow units to climb walls? If so, I would definitely give that to all Sheikah as well as Zora Infiltrators, Ikana Garos, and a few others.... including "flying" units. Also not sure if the unlimited placement box thing is possible, but it is a good idea. Ninjas are everywhere!

West: Foranar- Azurita - The Redeemer - Sinteiria - Sakotae the Guardian (Tavia) - Saleria

Mattwensley's Avatar Primicerius

Just a few suggestions:

Just a few ideas I had.
    Good ideas, going to throw out some counters, just for discussion:

Ikana: I can understand where you're goin with this, but that means they'll screw Ordona, Lizalfos and Moblins, have a lesser effect on the those around from there, and never even reach the Zora. I was thinking that they have to work with the settlement population as it is when they capture it - all their places will get 0% growth. This means they'll have to allow an enemy to grow strong before crushing them.

Twili: Which regions currently have a mirror? It could be a building you have to build to start training any units, or before you get any settlement growth.

Wizzrobe: I would have thought that would be fairly easy, or at the very least it's possible - it's the same with culture % in TA:TW.

Shiekah: Not sure if that would be possible - are you thinking like units from Napolean and Shogun 2, being able to climb walls without seiges? And I assume you mean defensive seiges, to be able to hit from the fields. Placement may depend on the settlement itself, not the faction controlling it.

Ninja's are everywhere - Avatar is one! *Angry look*...
    ~~Knowledge is power, and I do not like the feeling of weakness~~
    ~~If it's a million to one shot, I'll make sure I'm the one~~

Yeah, Ikana would be OP at the onset but winning decisive battles would be, well, decisive. It would also be a check and balance for the world dominating Ordonans.

Edit:@ Matt
    On Twili-I believe there are only two. One in Labrynna and the one on the Arbiter's Grounds.

On Sheikha- I was meaning in both defending and attacking cities. Asymmetrical attacks would be like an assassin not a full blown siege. As for wall climbing I was referring to the style in Shogun, so you were correct.

On Ikana- The army could be a moderate one than and they receive troops on a time table as jf Ikana was coming back gradually
    Last edited by Emrys; October 27, 2012 at 09:21 AM.

Yeah, Ikana would be OP at the onset but winning decisive battles would be, well, decisive. It would also be a check and balance for the world dominating Ordonans.
    You say that like Ordona shouldn't bring their farming skill to the world.

"There is more glory in a single field of ploughed earth, than a hundred battlefields of blood" - Farmer's idiom

Quote Originally Posted by Mattwensley View Post
    Twili: Which regions currently have a mirror? It could be a building you have to build to start training any units, or before you get any settlement growth.
    That's pretty much what I was thinking, both for Twili and Ikana (though of course for Ikana said building would have a different name)

Ikana: I can understand where you're goin with this, but that means they'll screw Ordona, Lizalfos and Moblins, have a lesser effect on the those around from there, and never even reach the Zora. I was thinking that they have to work with the settlement population as it is when they capture it - all their places will get 0% growth. This means they'll have to allow an enemy to grow strong before crushing them.
    This I believe would be a great idea.

The Arbiter's Ground would have the mirror. The Black Tower in Labrynna would also constitute the same effect. Aside from that, I can see building duplicates or miniatures to allow for training units and having population growth.

Wizzrobe: I would have thought that would be fairly easy, or at the very least it's possible - it's the same with culture % in TA:TW.
    It should be very possible, yes.

Shiekah: Not sure if that would be possible - are you thinking like units from Napolean and Shogun 2, being able to climb walls without seiges? And I assume you mean defensive seiges, to be able to hit from the fields. Placement may depend on the settlement itself, not the faction controlling it.
    Any siege, attack or defense according to Emrys. I agree with both attack and defense. I also think the ninjas should be allowed to climb walls.

Ninja's are everywhere - Avatar is one! *Angry look*...
    It is also common knowledge that you are a British ninja. You yourself said that all Brits are ninjas! Attaxer is another infamous ninja...

Ordonians are not that overpowered at the moment. I mean, the Kokiri have relatively the same power. I don't think that we need to instantly screw over Ordona by saying, "Here's Ikana's army of world-domination. You guys are the first line of defense. Do whatever damage you can so the rest of the world can finish them off." It is an instant game-over for Ordona.

Edit:@ Matt
    On Twili-I believe there are only two. One in Labrynna and the one on the Arbiter's Grounds.
    Indeed. The first one you mentioned, however, is the Black Tower and must be built first.

On Sheikha- I was meaning in both defending and attacking cities. Asymmetrical attacks would be like an assassin not a full blown siege. As for wall climbing I was referring to the style in Shogun, so you were correct.
    Ok, this was covered.

On Ikana- The army could be a moderate one than and they receive troops on a time table as if Ikana was coming back gradually.
    Meh... I still like the idea of limited population better than having limited army spawns.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Serkol View Post
    That's pretty much what I was thinking, both for Twili and Ikana (though of course for Ikana said building would have a different name)
    This is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar of the Ice Wolf View Post
    Meh... I still like the idea of limited population better than having limited army spawns.
    But that (being limited by the conquered town's population) makes it look like the Ikana are converting other people into their troops, which is not what they do. That's the Stalfos. The Ikana are their own people, except they are dead and don't multiply.
    The idea of timed spawns as they gradually move into Hyrule from Ikana seems pretty good to me.
    Last edited by Duke Serkol; October 27, 2012 at 09:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar of the Ice Wolf View Post
    Ordonians are not that overpowered at the moment. I mean, the Kokiri have relatively the same power. I don't think that we need to instantly screw over Ordona by saying, "Here's Ikana's army of world-domination. You guys are the first line of defense. Do whatever damage you can so the rest of the world can finish them off." It is an instant game-over for Ordona.
    You underestimate the power of the Southern Plains!

But that (being limited by the conquered town's population) makes it look like the Ikana are converting other people into their troops, which is not what they do. That's the Stalfos. The Ikana are their own people, except they are dead and don't multiply.
    The idea of timed spwns as they gradually move into Hyrule from Ikana seems pretty good to me.
    I'm thinking from more of a game perspective. I don't enjoy such limitations. As for the conversion thing, they may actually be doing that. The Ikanians were once... not undead (all lore I am stating is Neph's or at least my undertsanding of Neph's). They were cursed and banished into Termina where they then proceeded to become Majora worshippers. If they convert a settlement, they may curse the population as well. Just sayin'.

You underestimate the power of the Southern Plains!
    You WANT a full world-dominating Ikana spawn to instantly attack Ordona? Ok then, it's your funeral.

When playing as Ordona I got a little bored. Hyrule defeated my Gerudo enemies and vassalized most of the Eastern powers and against the might of Ordona, The moblins, lizalfos, and Darknuts fell within 100 turns. Ikana was a weak little spoon being used to fight a a claymore. I guess I wanted a desperate situation that took real skill and luck to overcome. Unless the Moblins are buffed into being more warlike, I see Ikana as being that overwhelming force to overcome.

For the Twili maybe a building unique to them constructable at tier 1 ("Twighlight Encroachment", or some such) which gives Twili beings bonuses or enables recruitment and other factions receive penalties or have governing/recruiting/income functions disabled and is indestructible except by completing a certain event or mission for "Light Spirit Cleansing."

Admittedly, it would not alter the battle map terrain in the region to the awesome-looking Twili realm, nor would the strat map give any indication of it, but perhaps it could be done that it would be visible on the city card if any part of the region was visible, similar to how ports can be seen on the card if fog of war is lifted around the region's port or the walls if you can see the city.

On the other hand that may unbalance things as it would make retaking each region a real chore. Perhaps it could be shaken up by altering the requirements of each cleansing to vary depending on region size, population, or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by deusvult6 View Post
    For the Twili maybe a building unique to them constructable at tier 1 ("Twighlight Encroachment", or some such) which gives Twili beings bonuses or enables recruitment and other factions receive penalties or have governing/recruiting/income functions disabled and is indestructible except by completing a certain event or mission for "Light Spirit Cleansing."
    I love this idea!

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

Was this done intentionally to make them more diverse from other factions, or was this a limitation imposed by their other differencies?

This was done intentionally.

49 men lost by the Gerudo... 203 new stalfos? Wha...
    They did not accept the ransom.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnr839 View Post
    Random idea.

Is it possible for the Sheikah to recruit units from Hylian cities? Maybe they depend entirely on Hyrules cities at first, until they take over their own?

Or is that both impossible and idiotic?
    I'm not sure if it's possible but I like the idea of being able to recruit units from cities you don't control. I'll look into it.

ninjas should be allowed to climb walls.
    I don't think wall climbing is possible in M2. I wanted such an ability for the Gohma and flying units once upon a time.

Quote Originally Posted by UndyingNephalim View Post
    They did not accept the ransom.
    But the Gerudo had deployed only 122 soldiers to begin with

@Duke Serkol

Maybe Neph took one from my playbook. (jk) Any undead are raised in my fantasy universe, you get 2 soldiers. 1 a skeletal body and the other a spirit (best comparison to these spirits would be LoTR's army of the dead). Only the "elite" soldiers keep their spirit within them to allow them to retain the memories of their combat training so that they may apply these techniques in battle.

Other than that... trying to find a way that this would be plausible. Maybe mix and matching spare parts the Grand Reapers had in reserve?

I'm not trying to find a way to explain it, I'm asking: was that supposed to happen? Is it inevitable that you get more troops than you kill? Was it made so by choice? Is that just the result of an accidentally mismatched screenshot?