The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Default Re: Announcements

Magnificent!

quenya's Avatar Biarchus

OMG!!! Ghirahim! and he looks epic too! two questions:

1) what faction will he be with in custom battles

2) when it says in the campaign he will hunt down link and the sages, does that mean in the link campaign, or just the general campaign?

wait a minute, will Fi have some involvement with his questline?
    Droma: :Rosa

VGF254's Avatar Civis

epic

Lets do a recap of just how screwed our hero just made Hyrule now shall we? First he has made it entirely possible for anyone, from both kings of evil to the mad god, all three of whom barely managed to succeed in one objective or another, to actually win this time around, has basically allowed the armies of monsters who once needed to unite together to be a threat to become legitamate ones in their own right, and now he has unleashed the ultimate threat to both himself and the sages that created it. Selfishly wanting to go back to simpler times, or thought out plan to destroy the kingdom he saved and more?

Wait, Hylia is real now? I thought within the mod's canon she only existed as an impostor.

Anyway, great announcement for a great design... but that crotch crystal...

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Serkol View Post
    Wait, Hylia is real now? I thought within the mod's canon she only existed as an impostor.

I too am confused. Unless we have fake Wizzrobe Hylia, and actual Lesser Goddess Hylia who serves the big three.

Mattwensley's Avatar Primicerius

I think Hylia as a Godess is real, but the Wizzrobe one is supposed to be a imposter
    ~~Knowledge is power, and I do not like the feeling of weakness~~
    ~~If it's a million to one shot, I'll make sure I'm the one~~

Maybe Hylia was always a false goddess and the Wizrobes were just trolling the sages?
    Also, Link is a dick, causing all this Timey Wimey mess crap just because he wanted a basic elementary school education.

Mattwensley's Avatar Primicerius

I'd like to think that there was a plan. That the evil in the world would only attack if it had the appropriate opportunity, but with Link in the picture, they couldn't. So the sages sent him back in time, so that majora, twili, termina etc could have a window to attack in, and could be wiped out, assuming Link returned in time, and didn't ride off into the Lost Woods and die. Whoops.
    ~~Knowledge is power, and I do not like the feeling of weakness~~
    ~~If it's a million to one shot, I'll make sure I'm the one~~

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

Hylia is an imposter. She was created to serve as a test to prove the loyalty of the Goddesses' followers. Those that pass the test become members of the Wizzrobe and have their ancestor's magic restored. Those that fail and abandon the Goddesses in favor of Hylia.... well Hylia and the Wizzrobe have a means of dealing with the shallow heretics and it involves lots of flying thunder.

quenya's Avatar Biarchus

so, the Wizzrobe are like the Spanish Inquisition?

shouldn't that mean that they are allied to hyrule once they appear?
    Droma: :Rosa

Quote Originally Posted by quenya View Post
    so, the Wizzrobe are like the Spanish Inquisition?

shouldn't that mean that they are allied to hyrule once they appear?
    I think there should be two ways the Wizzrobes appear, an event when your doing good where if you give them a city or make a donation of rupees to the order or something they show up allied to you, and one where you are just a complete failure they show up at war with you to take over cause they think they can do better. These would both be for Hyrule though, don't know about if your playing as other factions.

Seeking the Goddess Hylia, the Sages worked with her to create the ultimate weapon: the Master Sword.
    Quote Originally Posted by UndyingNephalim View Post
    Hylia is an imposter. She was created to serve as a test to prove the loyalty of the Goddesses' followers. Those that pass the test become members of the Wizzrobe and have their ancestor's magic restored. Those that fail and abandon the Goddesses in favor of Hylia.... well Hylia and the Wizzrobe have a means of dealing with the shallow heretics and it involves lots of flying thunder.
    The Sages failed?
    Last edited by Duke Serkol; July 21, 2012 at 02:58 PM.

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnr839 View Post
    I think there should be two ways the Wizzrobes appear, an event when your doing good where if you give them a city or make a donation of rupees to the order or something they show up allied to you, and one where you are just a complete failure they show up at war with you to take over cause they think they can do better. These would both be for Hyrule though, don't know about if your playing as other factions.
    Unfortunately certain Wizzrobes have some personal agendas that go against the Hylian monarchy. That and most of their acolytes are the enraged lower class Hylians that think the Royal Family is stealing their money through taxes.

The Sages failed?
    They are aware of who she is and her role.

Ah, so she's a fake but (even outside the battlefield) she has powers on the level of the sages?

Anyway, speaking of the Wizzrobes, if they are unlocking the Hylians magic and not necessarily for selfish gains (seeing as they are in service of the goddesses and have worked with the sages) does this mean we will see more Hylian units among them?
    Unless I'm mistaken, so far there's just one and they use swords...

Avatar of the Ice Wolf's Avatar Praeses

Ah, so I see Ghirahim will be in the game without being an epic-fail. As quenya asked though, what faction will he be a part of? Will he just be a mercenary that can be added to any army or is he faction-specific? Will he have his own unique army in the campaign to hunt down the sages or will he be a dungeon-boss type unit?

West: Foranar- Azurita - The Redeemer - Sinteiria - Sakotae the Guardian (Tavia) - Saleria
    East: Nerise - Kiril

Maybe Ghirahim is an anti-link of some sort, in that he appears after Link joins a faction, and then he joins the strongest faction currently at war with that one? I mean, it could be possible.

Seems plausible, even a demi god esque sword being needs 'friends', even though I can easily see him slaughtering them once he has his vengeance.