Thread: General Discussion, Announcements

Default Re: General Discussion, Announcements

Other than the bizarre hate on Majora's Mask that's all pretty sensible, really. The leaving the forest thing seems more like a Jedi truth than an outright lie, after all, the world outside the forest is pretty dangerous, especially for little kids with no family. The Oocca thing is a bit of a train-wreck, but that's SS's fault (unless Oocca are descended from Loftwings, but even that's a stretch). Ditto for the Ganondorf reincarnation thing, SS introducing Demise as the causative force behind Ganon is what led to that continuity snarl.

Btw, "evolved" doesn't have to refer to evolution by natural selection. If the book used it to mean "gradually developed from" it's fine, even if the thing driving the evolution was magic.

And yeah, this stuff is probably canon for however long it takes them to make a new book or game, and no longer.
    Last edited by D_E; March 15, 2017 at 10:34 PM. Reason: spelling

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

DarkInterloper's Avatar Campidoctor

Solahrasin: "OH YEAH!"
    Balres Resdak, Balres Nofok.

Liyer is best Zelda chick.

I had a small suggestion and question:
    Can someone please explain to me how the settlement, settlement and castle building lines work?
    My suggestion is that some of the buildings still have localization errors, such as the port line, and have placeholder images. This is really off putting, so will it be fixed?
    All your words are but to say: you are a woman, and your part is in the house. But when the men have died in battle and honour, you have leave to be burned in the house, for the men will need it no more. But I am of the House of Eorl and not a serving-woman. I can ride and wield blade, and I do not fear either pain or death.

But no living man am I! You look upon a woman. Éowyn I am, Éomund's daughter. You stand between me and my lord and kin. Begone, if you be not deathless! For living or dark undead, I will smite you, if you touch him.

My avatar is Romana from Doctor Who, one of my favorite characters in all of fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Link12 View Post
    I had a small suggestion and question:
    Can someone please explain to me how the settlement, settlement and castle building lines work?
    My suggestion is that some of the buildings still have localization errors, such as the port line, and have placeholder images. This is really off putting, so will it be fixed?
    Medieval 2's base city/castle line is technically not present in htw. To get a custom settlement. "slot" must be used up Thus all settlement sizes are "locked"- if for example, hyrule castle is a "large castle" no other settlements can be set as "large castle."
    Neph got around that by setting a separate building line to "mimic" settlement lines.
    You see that building "hamlet" ect. with the overhead image of a little village? Thats what htw uses to determine settlement size and what structures and units you can build in a setlement. It isnt dependent of population size, as much as we might like to add that as a factor.
    This is the line in htw

Hamlet
    Village
    Town
    Large Town
    City
    Large City
    Metropolis (only available to civilized)

There are no castles.

As for ports/farms/roads ect. Those use a ui image shared between as factions of a certain culture.
    When neph makes the shared building guide in the future these images will be added ingame.

Quote Originally Posted by UndyingNephalim View Post
    I don't think I have all the pieces to this puzzle. When did they group up with Saria? Was she in the previous few missions? My memory is failing me. Where did the Silent Watchers come from? I could easily deduce why they're there, but they just suddenly appeared and had me reeling in confusion.

One thing I do know, however, was that watching Liyer with the Dominion Rod and how the statue moved perfectly in sync was very visually impressive. Bravo!

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Aquos4 View Post
    I don't think I have all the pieces to this puzzle. When did they group up with Saria? Was she in the previous few missions? My memory is failing me. Where did the Silent Watchers come from? I could easily deduce why they're there, but they just suddenly appeared and had me reeling in confusion.
    I've not posted the part where all the Sages are reunited, nor when the other first Sages start an all out brawl. It'll all be posted when it's done.

I'm so excited for this!

That Goron shieldwall advance coupled with that music and the mayhem was brilliant! Bravo x 10!

On another note I saw this cool video on youtube of a man using Zelda music to operate his house.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=glZnkpIDWSE

It was mentioned already but Dorkly did a article on the crazy concepts for BotW. The guitar one makes me think they watched Starbomb.

http://www.dorkly.com/post/82738/zelda-cut-material

The Spirit Temple and the Gerudo Palace are missing proper UI images.
    So, when I open up the building tree I also see two additional lines, in addition to the one you described, "Settlement" and "Castle"; what are the point of them? For a new player it is very confusing and I would like to end my confusion.
    All your words are but to say: you are a woman, and your part is in the house. But when the men have died in battle and honour, you have leave to be burned in the house, for the men will need it no more. But I am of the House of Eorl and not a serving-woman. I can ride and wield blade, and I do not fear either pain or death.

But no living man am I! You look upon a woman. Éowyn I am, Éomund's daughter. You stand between me and my lord and kin. Begone, if you be not deathless! For living or dark undead, I will smite you, if you touch him.

My avatar is Romana from Doctor Who, one of my favorite characters in all of fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Link12 View Post
    The Spirit Temple and the Gerudo Palace are missing proper UI images.
    So, when I open up the building tree I also see two additional lines, in addition to the one you described, "Settlement" and "Castle"; what are the point of them? For a new player it is very confusing and I would like to end my confusion.
    The spirit tenple and palace still use old ui from previous versions, they're not on the priority list so dont expect them foe a long time XD
    Don't worry about the difference between the "city" and "castle" lines in the building list, they don't affect any techtrees in this mod, we just can't remove them or the game explodes.
    Last edited by DarkInterloper; March 19, 2017 at 11:14 AM.

You know, i may have an idea of how the floating Sky City could be incorporated into the campaing.

If the game wants the settlement to move, it simply has to copy the settlement, paste it somewhere else and then remove the old.

Let's say that when a cleansing begins, the Sky City will move closer and closer to the targeted settlement. If no one captures it before it arrives, the Occa will assault the settlement. If they win, the settlement will be reduced to a hamlet, all buildings deleted. This would especially have major implications with buildings like the Black Tower, or a temple.

Now, this would probably be a pain in the ass to program, but it's worth a try in my opinion.

The point is that you cannot use number variables. So each movement has to be hardscripted with acutal numbers. So you cannot say move 50 units north from you current position but only move to coordinate 230/480 (for example)

Quote Originally Posted by Codeman11 View Post
    You know, i may have an idea of how the floating Sky City could be incorporated into the campaing.

If the game wants the settlement to move, it simply has to copy the settlement, paste it somewhere else and then remove the old.

Let's say that when a cleansing begins, the Sky City will move closer and closer to the targeted settlement. If no one captures it before it arrives, the Occa will assault the settlement. If they win, the settlement will be reduced to a hamlet, all buildings deleted. This would especially have major implications with buildings like the Black Tower, or a temple.

Now, this would probably be a pain in the ass to program, but it's worth a try in my opinion.
    I don't know the specifics on why, but I remember someone mentioning that the campaign map can't be edited at all once the campaign is started. If that were the case I believe UN said he would have included a twilight shroud to the Forces of Twilight's gameplay, among other cool mechanics like that.

Personally I think a list of 'could-have-beens' that UN wished to include in the game but was thwarted by the engine would be super interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilem View Post
    The point is that you cannot use number variables. So each movement has to be hardscripted with acutal numbers. So you cannot say move 50 units north from you current position but only move to coordinate 230/480 (for example)
    Neph actually floated the idea of having a "mirror image" of the sky city appear near cleansing targets. It may be doable, we just haven't gotten an opportunity to test it.

Hmm, just read the youtube comments on the preview. Anyone else annoyed at people seeing similarities to BotW and claiming that UndyingNeph, blessed be his Modship's name, is a copycat just because they don't bother to check the facts?

I hope this doesn't get worse.

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Hyrule View Post
    Hmm, just read the youtube comments on the preview. Anyone else annoyed at people seeing similarities to BotW and claiming that UndyingNeph, blessed be his Modship's name, is a copycat just because they don't bother to check the facts?

I hope this doesn't get worse.
    People are pointing out the coincidences, but on the contrary it seems people are noting that my stuff came first. That is awesome.
    It's also the longest a video of mine has gone before someone hit the dislike button.

Oh, I guess the compliments went right over my head then. That's a relief.

Do you think you should do any BotW shout-outs when the hype is over?(2019-2020?)

I'd have a good laugh at a young Link waving a fan at a sail while trying to move the boat until someone shook their head and told him wrong direction.

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Hyrule View Post
    Do you think you should do any BotW shout-outs when the hype is over?(2019-2020?)
    Maybe in a few years. Considering how much I've softened on Skyward Sword after 6 years (geeze it's been that long already?), I'm sure Botw's perception will be a bit more objective by both me and everyone else after it's been out for awhile.

*(geeze it's been that long already?)
    Haha, I get that feeling alot when I look at the shiny casing of that game. It feels like it only came out a year ago but then I remember that the Wii I play it on is a relic now.