Page 597 of 597 FirstFirst ... 97497547572587588589590591592593594595596597
Results 11,921 to 11,936 of 11936

Thread: General Discussion, Announcements

Default Re: General Discussion, Announcements

Thought; You might want to look up 'Dungeons and Dragons: Dragonshard'. You can get it from Gog.com. It tried to combo dungeon-delving and base building via a two-layer map. You do the dungeons to help get the resources to build your base. One can say it did so poorly, or not. But it's still worth looking at, under the circumstances.

Jakeford's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by UndyingNephalim View Post
    Yeah, Twilight Princess was quite limited by the console and technology of the time. The first trailer for the game essentially shows and army of Bulblins confronting Link. They clearly were attempting to go for that obnoxious battle scale that LOTR set a year before. There are many other scenes in the game that, had better technology existed at the time, probably would have portrayed a more large scale war and conflict between Zant and Zelda.
    Even with the scale reduced, they still did a pretty good job of captureing at the very least the illusion of epicness and large scale in Twilight Princess. Partially I think through the quantity of enemies and partially through the landscape. Seriously, when people talk about TP's artsstyle how come they don't talk about how beautiful the scenery in the world map looks? When I played through the game I often just aimlessly sprinted around the map with Epona.
    https://www.battleforthenet.com/
    Go to this site and call your congressmen!
    Do not le the FCC destroy net neutrality in America!
    On Dec. 14 the FCC will vote on whether to destroy net neutrality or not! Congress can stop them beforehand, so tell congress and the FCC that you don't want them to ruin the internet!

Come back from a hiatus from this community to find we're stuck in the same "disagreement without at least some degree of a condescending attitude is impossible" garbage again. I don't know why this keeps coming up. Neph doesn't like the direction Zelda's been taking and that's fine, there's nothing wrong with that. For some reason, some people seem to think having a different opinion is the 8th deadly sin and the only way to save Neph from hell is to get him to agree. (either that or they get butthurt at his admittedly not-at-all subtle jabs at the things in recent Zelda games that he doesn't like) Reasonably, Neph can only tolerate so much of this before he starts losing his patience.

It happens routinely and it's so stupid. This really has opened my eyes to how stupid the Zelda fandom can be.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquos4 View Post
    Come back from a hiatus from this community to find we're stuck in the same "disagreement without at least some degree of a condescending attitude is impossible" garbage again. I don't know why this keeps coming up. Neph doesn't like the direction Zelda's been taking and that's fine, there's nothing wrong with that. For some reason, some people seem to think having a different opinion is the 8th deadly sin and the only way to save Neph from hell is to get him to agree. (either that or they get butthurt at his admittedly not-at-all subtle jabs at the things in recent Zelda games that he doesn't like) Reasonably, Neph can only tolerate so much of this before he starts losing his patience.

It happens routinely and it's so stupid. This really has opened my eyes to how stupid the Zelda fandom can be.
    It's not just Zelda fandom. Talk down about anything a person likes. and you'll get a similar response. :/ I guess it's a human defence mechanism. We do it instinctively. without meaning too. those who don't do it. Generally have had some kinda training or mentoring while growing up. But some like me. (I have aspergers) Can't help but speak their mind. o well.....

O here. take a look
    31 Psychological Defense Mechanisms Explained

.https://www.psychologistworld.com/fr...echanisms-list

hello darkness my old friend

Hey I just wanted to ask a question. I heard that UndyingNephalim is now working on a Zelda 0 A.D. mod, so is Hyrule Total War going to be discounted?

DarkInterloper's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Kota88 View Post
    Hey I just wanted to ask a question. I heard that UndyingNephalim is now working on a Zelda 0 A.D. mod, so is Hyrule Total War going to be discounted?
    Yes, "official" work has ended on it for good, neph is now working on "Hyrule Conquest."

Sent from my LG-H345 using Tapatalk
    Balres Resdak, Balres Nofok.

This could be a good place to colonize. I just don't know what to turn it into.

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Quote Originally Posted by DarkInterloper View Post
    Yes, "official" work has ended on it for good, neph is now working on "Hyrule Conquest."

Has Neph left TWC?

If he wants to i would gladly buy or recieve for free his new River Zola models that were never riged, but were actually finished as models with textures.

- I could ask some modeller that i know to rig them so they could be used as armour variations in HTW 3.6 for the River Zola - they looked really awesome.

I would gladly have them riged and included in a submod.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by DarkInterloper View Post

Aww, I really loved this mod. I like what I see from Hyrule Conquest, but I vastly prefer the strategic empire building of Total War than Age of empires. Are others planning on keeping the project alive?

Quote Originally Posted by Kota88 View Post
    Aww, I really loved this mod. I like what I see from Hyrule Conquest, but I vastly prefer the strategic empire building of Total War than Age of empires. Are others planning on keeping the project alive?
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by UndyingNephalim View Post
    Do you have any more details, or links?

The actual lawyer whom works for the Miller and Nash law firm who made the DCMA claim was contacted by the Metroid Database website, and he has claimed that it is indeed a legitimate copyright claim from him under Nintendo of America: https://seafoamgaming.com/2016/08/07...am2r-takedown/
    Here are some working links AM2R Download – Free Metroid Game For PC/ Android/Mac "Direct download of original file, not packed, not wrapped" https://www.itechgyan.com/am2r-download-free/

Fahnat's Avatar Biarchus
    Citizen

Blog Entries

It's a shame to see that Neph didn't finish the factions for the mod.
    He could finished them and then go for hyrule conquest, but it's is call.

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Quote Originally Posted by Fahnat View Post
    It's a shame to see that Neph didn't finish the factions for the mod.
    He could finished them and then go for hyrule conquest, but it's is call.
    He could at least have used the HQ River Zola as the new updated River Zola.. They were made, the entire roster - but never riged.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; January 15, 2019 at 12:37 PM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Just gotta say, I finally check my account after like 5 years, and man, rereading this thread is amazing

Apani's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by King Ryukan II View Post
    Just gotta say, I finally check my account after like 5 years, and man, rereading this thread is amazing
    Indeed, indeed it was. It's beautiful I could be a part of it.