Thread: Technical help

Csatádi's Avatar Senator

Default Technical help

You should post here the bugs, install problems and such.

Dark Attila's Avatar Foederatus

Icon1 Technical help

Hello Csatádi,

I hope this is the right place to post this particular issue? When right clicking on the mercenary unit "Kálizok" the unit info pops up showing a Rome Total War peasant unit holding a knife instead of whatever the Kaliz horse-archer unit should be?? This is the only bug that I've noticed other than the occasional CTD when clicking on too many things on the campaign map, so to be safe, I save before ending every turn.

I also want to say thanks for making this great Mod, you guys did a very fine job at making things more realistic than what was in the original vanilla version of MTW2.

Csatádi's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Technical help

Thanks.
    A quick solution for you: find this directory: mtw2\mods\Magyar_Mod2\Data\ui\unit_info\mercs\
    Rename 'mercs' to 'merc'.
    Not a great picture anyway just renamed vanilla turkomans.

Dark Attila's Avatar Foederatus

Thanks for the solution there were 2 folders in \ui\unit_info\ 'mercs' and 'merc,' so I just put everything from the mercs folder into the merc folder and then deleted mercs and it worked like a charm! So I'm giving you + reps my friend.

Something to report:
    Unlocalised placement text spearman unit recruitable in Garrison Quarters with no description as Hungary (and no name obviously). Mod version: Magyar Mod 2 with English patch 2.15 and English names 2.14.
    Another... weird thing that happened is that when I alt-tabbed and returned to the game, the game stopped working.

Much regards ~Dominick

Csatádi's Avatar Senator

Hi Dominick,

go \mods\Magyar_Mod2\Data\Text\ and delete all files than install again 2.15 and than English names.
    Please report back if it works.

Regards,
    Csatádi

Using the english version of this mod, I seem to have constant problems with CTDs on screen transition. Sometimes I have to start the mod three or four times over, because it crashed after the intro video, crashes can (but do not always) occur after troop selection for custom battles ( seemingly with increased likelihood the more of the new units I choose) and they usually do when I end a custom battle myself by pressing ESC.
    I did the installation as per description, that is, 2.00, then Patch 2.15, then the English patch 2.15, then the english unit names patch.
    I´m using an english version of Kingdoms, if that´s relevant.
    Life is a sequence of missed opportunities

Csatádi's Avatar Senator

You shouldn't have such crashes. Maybe a corrupted TW is the problem. Or maybe a damaged zip file?

i have the same erros sometimes. sometimes the game doesnt load. sometimes it crashes if i am changing factions in campaing selection screen, or when i select "custom battle". It doesnt happens always. btw, in custom battle i cannot select some factions. like portugal or so.

Csatádi's Avatar Senator

The mod sometimes get CTDs when the AI moves. When you come back from the select campaign menu and want to play a custom battle, the game freezes. And there are similar problems when you see many unit info in battle. The first is the bug in the mod, the 2rd and 3th came with the game somehow as far as I know.
    Any other bugs possibly are system problems: win7, 8 or whatever. You may check the system.log.txt file but I don't hope much.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0000.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	766.7 KB 
ID:	311545

Using this mod I have ran into the strangest bug I have ever seen. As you can see on the attached picture, every image used by the game got randomly mixed up. In addition, after a few more clicks to anywhere, i get a ctd.

The issue, in most of the times, appears after one of these two actions: opening the family tree, or opening a unit description.

The more strange thing is that in the first 50-60 turns, it does not appear, after then in every 10-15 turns or so, but more and more frequently, and as the time goes on, more and more picture is messed up, at first just a few buttons, later, the whole screen, as you can see on the picture. Now, in 1399AD, it is so frequent, that it immedately appears when I open any window, especially the family tree.

I completely reinstalled the mod 3 or 4 times, and the bug every time showed up. I did not see this in any other mods, though I use 6 different ones + vanilla.

Did anybody saw anything like this? Is there a possible fix for it? I used to do modding, I can say that I understand the game mechanics quite well, but I have no idea what to do with this...

This is my favourite medieval mod, and i dont want to loose it by this bug, but now it is unplayable...

Thanks for any help!

PS.: we are not allowed to use hungarian in this forum, are we? (For I am hungarian, and the modders too, as I know...)

Csatádi's Avatar Senator

I never heard such a problem.
    You may write in Hungarian in PM but I cannot promise much. What if you don't change the starting banner set?

while browsing through the building tree i randomly get ctd