Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 500 Point list for critique

Default Re: 500 Point list for critique

Quote Originally Posted by Elyrioth View Post
    Thats a codex I am looking forward to. There are rumours of jetpack equipped beserkers
    Once my guard are done I think I will finally get a death guard army
    We're suppose to get gladiator themed Bezerkers......Raptors will be able to get mark of khorne so yeah there's your jet pack bezerkers....

Personally prefer to vibrate my victims to death

Hope I get to pull out the good ole pink marines come new dex

Confederate Soldier's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Tazgrent View Post
    Well, after some thought I've decided that even though I greatly enjoy Tau in fluff, aesthetics, and play style, they're not really suited to a new player. I'm thinking CSM, with the new codex coming out.
    If you are either out for fun, or out to win competitively, the Tau are still a option. While its true the Tau are stumbling for the time being, a Codex will come, and while it may be a year, it will come. Are the Tau for new players? Probably not, though I picked them up, after a very long amount of time, and research, and have not looked backed. The one time I looked back was when the dicks from my local game store said that the Dark Eldar were squated. Mocked me for thinking otherwise, and etc. A year later they came back, now guess what all of them have an army of...

Long story short, you should play what you want, the payoff of wining a game with an army like Tau, Eldar etc vs the Space Marines is always fun, especially if its when your new, and have an outdated codex. Seeing a kids face light up red cause his boy in blue got killed by a fire warrior is always a plus. When you choice Space Marines, you have many options. Do you want a Viking, a Greco-romen, a Teutonic Knight, a Templar, a holy knight, a dark fallen knight, and etc, including knights with breasts. I have nothing against Space Marines (though they do me...) and love the idea of Knights in space. However everyone does, and what your looking at, is seeing something like my old game store. Green Space Marines vs Black Space Marines, Viking Space Marines vs Knight Space Marines, Silver Space Marines vs spiked Space Marines, with everyone wanting to fight the one guy who happened to bring something different.

If you want to play space marines, then go for it, especially Chaos, as they are a cut above the imperium blend. I would first however go to you gaming club, and see whats there. I think you shall see what I mean. Also, if you are already playing tau and enjoying them, then please think long and hard about ditching them. As you get into 40k table top, you will come to find out that Fluff, background, looks, and gaming are all important. Half the time I was at my gaming store, it was spent either playing the game, or talking about fluff, background, or painting the army. All things should be important, especially when you think about the cost of getting into 40k, and how many years you will be spending in it. So in other words, pick an army you love, or get a good job and be ready to buy each army, as soon as an update comes there way.
    Proud Crusader for the F.A.I.T.H. and Gunslinger for DIXIE
    People don’t want to live in a world where god’s fight amongst each other, One God is Enough! -Alex Rosewater

Elyrioth's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Okuto View Post
    We're suppose to get gladiator themed Bezerkers......Raptors will be able to get mark of khorne so yeah there's your jet pack bezerkers....

Personally prefer to vibrate my victims to death

Hope I get to pull out the good ole pink marines come new dex
    Painted up a Death Guard test model, I had an old metal one there. Happy with the results.
    So looking like that is what I will do at the end of the Year.
    Na Géanna Fiáine

Tazgrent's Avatar Ducenarius

Well said, Conferderate Soldier. I've decided to wait for the new CSM codex to make my decision. As I still have to spend a lot of money buying paints, supplies, and the like, it'll be a while before I even can buy models, so I have the time to spare. If I like the new CSM codex, I might go ahead and play them, but after several more proxy battles with a friend of mine I'm still liking the Tau playstyle. Only time will tell.

What it is exactly you like about the tau playstyle anyhow?

Is it the speed? powerful guns? Hit and run? looks?

Cause if it's the speed and hit and run Dark eldar can fix that up for you

Cause when I retired my Tau army I quickly realized Dark eldar could basically do the same thing my tau army(and I could play it the same to boot) could do but way better....

It was much faster
    Much better at hit and run
    Actually had good CQC

Only thing you miss out on is the slightly heavier armor, range and fluff

Though I only played Tau at first for their fluff, I like their progressive ideals and reason in a rather unreasonable galaxy

Quote Originally Posted by Okuto View Post
    Though I only played Tau at first for their fluff, I like their progressive ideals and reason in a rather unreasonable galaxy
    Progressive ideals and reason? I believe you mean:

Na Géanna Fiáine

But I'm a dirty xeno so I get away with such things

You have only got away with it thus far, there is a Vindicare out there with a bullet with your name on it......
    Na Géanna Fiáine

psshhh......markerlight that punk

.....better send in a crusade instead....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12