Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: The Author's Road

Tigellinus's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: Wattpad for a month

Also, I will do my weekly check up when I get back, but I'll keep notes so that I can give you this week's ones as well!

Proudly under the patronage of McScottish

Default Re: The Authors road

Here I am, running from my school work. I habe a history assignment, worth five credits. (Think of them as points, you need 80 to pass a College year here in New Zealand), which requires me to write about thirty thousand words, probably more if I want the highest grade.
    A geography assignmemt about the coastal processes on a beach in New Zealand. (We could be studying Human Trafficking, but no, we get to study erosion and water deposition, sediment displacement, fetch, and a whole lot more that I can't even remember.)
    And... You don't care about the rest.
    Good Lord, I don't even care about the rest.

I'm running away from my School work, lazy bugger that I am. Instead, I am writing. I amwriting the history of my characters. The history of the Malcarn Family, the history of House Vixiua, the Steptones war that preceded the betrayal and uprising of Admiral Lacaius.
    The blood feuds of the Cavantales, the schemes of the Fabill, the loyalty of the Octarna...
    Ah, and the beheading of ArenGarla.
    You won't know who most of the people or Houses I'm referring to. Some of them appear in Universal Dynasty, some of them have broken off into little stories and ideas. (ArenGarla is one of my favourite characters that I have ever thought of. Oh, and yes, it is ArenGarla, I got the idea of the name after scouring a few Scottish names).

So, to all who read this blog. Expect more writings from me. I may do it in a separate thread - probably will, actually, just so it isn't too comvoluted...

Enjoy!

Default Re: The Authors road

Hello all!

From tomorrow onward, I'll pretty much be off the grid for a few weeks. Reason being is that I'm going down South to celebrate my grandmother's eightieth. Then I am getting straight on a plane to go to Sydney and then go on a Cruise.

So, I'll have a busy few weeks ahead of me!

Thanks

Tigellinus

Default Re: The Author's Road

Wow.

Look at that title. The Author's Road.

God I can be pretentious.

I joined this site when I was 13, first as KingofRome (Told you, pretentious, the Kings of Rome were dreadful, FYI. I was merely too young to know).

But, I forgot my password, and so created a new account and named myself Tigellinus - after the Praetorian Prefect of Emperor Nero, Tigellinus. I'd watched an awesome documentary series on Nero and Tigellinus. How they were best friends, and how Tigellinus was head-over-heels in love with Nero's wife, and how he plotted to kill Nero after Nero kicked his wife to death. Being the romantic 13-year-old I was I found Tigellinus' story fascinating.

I....may not have had good role models as a child?

Years later and I have now read a few books about Nero and Tigellinus.

Safe to say, a man renowned for his sexually-orientated-parties (better known as orgies) was probably not the best namesake.

Yet, here I am. In university, elderly and wizened at the prime age of 21. My life has taken a lot of twists and turns these last eight years, and I've made some progress on the Author's Road bit.

It's still a pretentious jackass of a name. I won't change it, though. It suits my pretentious personality perfectly.

This year has been Hell in a hand-basket for basically everyone I know. Including myself. I am now $16,000 in debt to my University's Halls of Residence because I did not earn enough to eat food and pay my rent. And now I will not be able to graduate on the scheduled time because my University is withholding that until the debt is paid off.

Personally, I agree with their actions. I will still rant and rave about it, and I have advised my younger-family-members to boycott that University.

But, it's the right decision on their part. And it isn't the University's fault that I lost my job as soon as we went into lockdown and haven't been able to get employed since.

And, it isn't truly the end of the world. All it means is waiting a bit longer until I can get employed again and pay off the debt I owe the university. I will do this. The alternative is homelessness and I don't do well without a comfortable bed.

To anyone that has ever been homeless, I am truly sorry for the plight you faced and whatever put you in that situation. Whilst my situation isn't stellar, I would be homeless for about three seconds before my mother demanded I return to her house so I'm not living on the street. I am blessed with a wonderful family that has made the struggles of this year far more bearable.

To be honest, I don't know why I wrote all this. I got rather nostalgic after seeing that I had created this in 2012 and thinking on how my life has gone and what has led me here.

And please, whoever reads this, don't feel sorry for me being in debt. Unemployment is awful, but I received some money from my government - just not as much as I would have had while earning - and if I'd tried I could have sacrificed multiple enjoyments in my life - such as half decent food - and paid about half of my rent. Really, I am in this situation because I prioritized my own happiness and mental-state over keeping to my contract that stated I'd pay all my rent on time.

Basically, I'm in the situation because of my own actions and faults. So any pity should instead be directed at my University.

They're currently dealing with a lot of angry students.

But, enough about me. Or, at least, enough about it being centered on me.

Some of my closest friends have struggled a lot this year. I have friends who are stuck in my country and can't return to their home or their family. I have friends who went back for lockdown and haven't been seen since. I have friends who fell into depression from lack of social-interaction and still aren't okay.

This year has been Hell, for everyone. We have all struggled and had our own personal issues and not been alright.

And that's okay.

I feel like that needs to be said. Probably more often. Especially in a year like this when everything is going tats up. (Yes that was on purpose).
    Some of us haven't been okay and then have felt guilty or anxious because of that. Maybe you've felt as if everyone around you is handling it fine and you're freaking out irrationally.

Or maybe you've protested in the streets about how you don't want to wear a mask because you're a jacka - someone with a differing opinion than myself on the matter.

None of us are alone in this. We may not all be in it together, given, well, borders. But, you are not crazy for freaking out. And you're not idiotic or stupid or inadequate because you're exhausted by this clusterfeck of a year.

Is feck allowed? I'll have to check.

Anyway.

We've all made it through 11/12ths of the year. We have made it through governmental inadequacies, horrendous personal issues, and maybe even lost loved-ones during this time.

It hasn't been easy.

So, for anyone reading this. I do hope you're alright. You'll make it through the rest of this. I won't say what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, because honestly, some things just bloody hurt and beat you down. But, you have made it this far. You'll make it further. Whether you follow the pretentiously-named Author's Road and become a bestselling author, become a lawyer, doctor, accountant, social-worker, bankers - anything. You'll make it through all the rest.

Goodnight and good luck. It is 3:55am on a Saturday morning for us here in New Zealand. Whatever time it is for you, have a delightful evening or day.

I'm considering renaming this blog to the Insomniac's Rantings, but I don't know. It sounds less pretentious fantasy and more tragic reality.

Goodnight and kind regards,

Tigellinus

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345