Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Author's Road

Tigellinus's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: The Authors road

Second day back at school and I am already hating it

Nah I'm kidding (mostly) I am actually glad to be back and see my mates.

Sorry for the quick update right now

Proudly under the patronage of McScottish

YES! I have reached my 3rd page of blogging! (As most of my posts are short this is hard to do )

Hey everyone whats up? Having a good day?

Well I am happy to annouce that I have written chapter eight and I am now writing Chapter Nine of the Ninth Century of Phoenix. I have currently at forty pages with ten thousand words so I have a long way to go!

have a good day all!

Ok guys sorry I hyavent updated in a day or two ( I think?) well it's labour weekend so I am thankful for that at least.

Small announcement for all of those 430 of you that have viewed this I am having a duel with Algirdasu so if you want to pop over to the duels and challange's thread in the writer's lounge be my guest. If you want to chuckle and laugh at us be my guest! We are after all doing this for fun!

Ok well for another announcement this one less fun loving. My friend asked me yesterday why I want to be a author. My friend his is confident in his ability to be a brain surgeon. I am quite confident being a author is a billion times harder but hey thats my opinion. Anyone that has medical expirence shead some light on that!

Anyway my mate asked me why I wanted to be a author (he is also hell bent on saying that writing has never helped anyone) My very simple answer to him was this 'Because I want to' there you go! That is the gist of why I want to be a author. Not for money, fame or anything like that. I want to be a author because it's what I want to do! He can critize all he wants it wont change that I will be and do what I want to.

Here one little snippet of advice I can give you writers that (like me) have (a) friend(s) that say they will never make it in writing and say it's a worthless career.

Give them your very simple answer wheather it is for money, fame or because like me it's what YOU want to do!

Believe in yourself! Believe someday you will achieve your goal!

Look my take on life is this. Life is a story and we are our own authors. We chose what the main charcter does. We chose wheather he is going to run and hide when someone ttries to throw a punch. We chose wheather he/she blocks that punch and throws some of their own. We chose when we fall and we chose when we get back up.

But the sad thing is that sometimes the editor comes in and ruins our amazing work. This is saying that life doesnt always go how we want it. Like when your writing your charcter must overcome obstacles to reach their ultimate goal.

Look I will write my own story and I will get back up when I fall. I will overcome every thing that the world throws at me because this is my story and in the end of the final page of my story I will know that I have lived my life how I wanted it lived. I will have no regrets and no looking back.

take the good and the bad and take it in stride! Dont back down, don't run and never ever regret.

Thanks

Tigellinus

Hey everyone! I have recently changed my forum skin to Rome II and I must say it looks FANTASTIC!

So how are you all doing?

I have decided that as it is a public holiday. I will be updating Ninth Century of Phoenix, so I will be posting that in a minute!

Watch out for wednsday's update!

Ok guys small announcment on Ninth Century of Phoenix. Chapter four is up Chapter five will be up on wednsday.

I have already written fifteen chapters of Ninth Century of Phoenix. I can tell you that I think you uys will really like the story so far!

Hey guys sorry I didnt get the update out yesterday. I will try to get it out today sometime.

I am going up north tommorow and so I wont be able to hand my duel in on tthe designated time, sorry.

Thanks

Tigellinus

Hey everyone! nI just got back from my trip! I am hoping to have a good night of sleep (for a change ) so I can use all my brilliance to win this duel

Wish me luck!

P.S I will get two Chapters of Ninth Century of Phoenix as I was busy on friday so I couldnt! Sorry about that!

Thanks

Tigellinus

Hello everyone! How you all doing?

Ok well I will confess that I have thought about the duel over the weekend and I have come up with NOTHING. My head is like dead to all ideas!

Alas I will push on and try to write a good duel.

Thanks

Tigellinus

Ok well first I will apolagize for not being able to update this as frequently and with as lengthy/ qualty posts as I would like, But RL is a pain sometimes and I think I will live

No news for today apart from we have a new member (It seems) in the WS he has started up a thread in the CW subforum called The Western Front, I think it's a pretty good read so do me a favour and go check it out and offer him your support and criticsm

Thanks

Tigellinus

Well I just finished my duel so I am chuffed with myself

Whats going on for all you guys?

Ok the duel between me and algirdsau will be up soon enough I think. When it is do us a favor and pop over and VOTE!

we could use all the support we could get!!!

Thanks

Tigellinus

Hey everyone! It's been what a week since my last update with the blog?

Anyway I have had a new idea forming over the last couple of days, It is I must say Inspired both by Assassin's creed 3 and the American Revoloution.

I am at the moment developing the prologue and fixing it up so I may get another story out within a few days

So if/when I post it hope you enjoy!

Hello everyone hoping you are all likeing the new story I have posted, chapter two will be out in a minute or two

Thanks Tigellinus

Hey everyone! Just a few quick updates!

Firstly I am planning and I am determined to finish/complete the Praetorian this weekend! I am also planning on updating Ninth Century of Phoenix, The Noble Regiment and if I get time Gladiator!

Secondly I have come up with the idea (I wrote about it briefly in one of my earlier installments to the blog) how about creating my own fictinal world would be amazingly awsome but severly hard to do!

If I was planning on doing something on such a large magnitude I would have completed all my stories that I am doing now and I would write no other stories while writing it.

I realize that it may not be your most faveroute thing for me to write about so I leave the choice with you, Shank as you seem to be the only one that reads AND comments on my blog haha.

But guests if you have any feedback either join the site or send me and email (Look on my public account for it )

Cause honestly guys I write because I love it and I write because I want to and I write about what I want, but I want you guys to enjoy it as well so give me your feedback.

Fictinal world or no fictinal world?

To be or not to be?

Thanks

Tigellinus

Hello everyone, hope you are all having a good time back at school (If you go )

Well as you may know I failed to deliever on my promises not just one or two but all three ( I think it was three? ) so for that I am truely sorry

But the truth is I am having a hard time with my writing at the moment, I have all these great ideas that I love at the time then when it comes to opening up word and typing it all turns to mush and start seeing all the 'bad' stuff that could happen if I interpet this idea into said story.

But what is really bugging me is this fictinal world thing, It's just so awsome my brain is fried and I cant think of anything for it

So there you go I have told you my weekend problems hopefuly I will have some free time on my hands and I will get writing more soon enough!

Also I added another Chapter to the Ninth Century of Phoenix just as a small apolagy for what I did another one will be out wednsday

Thanks

Tigellinus

Sorry I havent updated this week real life is getting in the way

Will try to get the updates out as fast as UI can

Ok well I wanted to write something today so I got busy.

Thats right I have been an idiot and have begun writing another story I have began writing the story of the fictinal world.

Ah but you see I have realized that my strengths are in story making and building so you will have bits of the history added throughout the story.

The Prologue will reveal some history and bring you up to date on the events that have shaped the world.

Oh and all my stories are on hold apart from Ninth century and Praetorian which I am determined to finish by the end of this term.

So um for those of you that are think damn Tig why have you started another story when it hasn't even been a week since you started another one. The answer to that is quite simple, I had a differnt interest. The truth is when I get an idea at the start I may absolouptly love the thing and within a couple of days I hate it and want to change it.

So I decided to try something, I started doing very small drafts of this fictinal world Prologue each one differnt, at the start I tried Derpy's Age technique, it didnt work for me I then just tried writing the history out hardcore with whatever came to head and tweaking them just trying to get the right combination.

And now I have decided to write it in a (I have no idea if this is a very very bad idea) way that I havent done before, every once and a while there will be mini updates from the person at the start of the prologue, his name is Ralem and he plays one of the most important parts in the story.

But you have to read it for you to comprehend it

Ok well basically I have started it as a first person thing for the start but then as I get to chapter one it's switched to third person as at the beggining you are having everything explained and the guy starts to tell you what happened in the third age.

The story is based on the third age of the world, more precisely the story of Three people.

Thanks

Tigellinus

Ok Shanky this update is primarily geared towards you! You seemed to really like The Praetorian (No im not starting another book ) I am however this very moment writing the final chapters should be out in the next few days!

Ok well some of you may know that I have started The Praetorian up again, chapter eight out!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast